Thread: Kingdom Hearts III

Default Kingdom Hearts III

Am I the only one super excited about it? I played the first two growing up and this game is bigger than Red Dead 2 for me because I've been anticipating it for so long. I can't wait to play the crap out of it next week.

The game is really graphically stunning and looks to be just as enjoyable as past titles.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I might check it out. Weird thing is I loved JRPG style games, especially from Square Enix, but that series never really grabbed me in the same way as their Final Fantasy titles. Well, the early Final Fantasy titles anyway. It could be that I really don't care about Disney, but I remember the games being pretty enjoyable.

3. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I always found it too juvenille for my tastes. Was never big on Disney franchises.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I always found it too juvenille for my tastes. Was never big on Disney franchises.
    I was initially turned off by the disney characters, but it's in no way juvenille. Besides, nothing wrong with being a kid at heart. I'm a dad, I watch disney movies.

#NotAshamed

After all, your avatar is a comic book character, who is to say what is and isn't juvenile in this situation Up until Marvel made it cool to like comic books, comic book characters were kid stuff...
    Last edited by Freyaka; 01-18-2019 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I might check it out. Weird thing is I loved JRPG style games, especially from Square Enix, but that series never really grabbed me in the same way as their Final Fantasy titles. Well, the early Final Fantasy titles anyway. It could be that I really don't care about Disney, but I remember the games being pretty enjoyable.
    I pretty much love anything Square. The rare times they jump away from Final Fantasy have been my some of my favorites (Super Mario RPG, Kingdom Hearts).

The only thing I don't like about Kingdom Hearts is that it's got a bit of a convoluted story at this point, but thankfully there are some good primer videos out there that clear up the "how we got here" of the series.

It's funny, I've enjoyed Kingdom Hearts from the start. The newer Final Fantasy games transitioned to a battle style similar to Kingdom Hearts and I couldn't stand those (well, other than XV....XV was a very good game) doesn't make a lot of sense.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

I'm only two worlds in, and enjoying it so far. Wish this game had came out like 8 years ago, before I had full-time employment, so I could actually just kick back and binge play it without responsibility.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    I'm only two worlds in, and enjoying it so far. Wish this game had came out like 8 years ago, before I had full-time employment, so I could actually just kick back and binge play it without responsibility.
    I took 3 days off work just to play it. I figure, I get 8 hours of vacation a paycheck, might as well use them eventually lol. I beat it Saturday. It was very good! I beat it the first time on standard mode, I started a proud mode zero XP play through yesterday. I wish they had released it with a critical mode option, the game is still too easy even on proud mode.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Does this review ring true or is he overly critical?

I'm used to Square making little to no sense plot-wise, but this sounds like a mess from a plot perspective. The gameplay looks pretty fun though because it is so varied.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Does this review ring true or is he overly critical?

I'm used to Square making little to no sense plot-wise, but this sounds like a mess from a plot perspective. The gameplay looks pretty fun though because it is so varied.
    He's very over critical.... It's not awful. It's confusing, but it's not that bad. He's totally wrong saying the "game is boring" It could be harder, but it's still a very, very fun.

DUnkey's just being edgy for the sake of edge. It's by no means a perfect game, but it is still a very good game overall.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information