Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyler Murray

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Default Kyler Murray

I just watched a bit of him and was impressed. His footwork as a passer seems advanced for a college kid, and his release is blazing. My gut is that he's the best QB in this draft class. I hope if the Broncos splurge, it's for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Isn’t he like 5’9? He’s very short.

Also this doesn’t seem like the prototypical QB that Elway likes, a tall pocket passer.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Isn’t he like 5’9? He’s very short.

Also this doesn’t seem like the prototypical QB that Elway likes, a tall pocket passer.
    I'll have to be sold on the idea that he's Russell Wilson. But I will say weep freaking blew it by not drafting Wilson. And myself and a few other members of this board were banging the table for Wilson prior to that draft and very disappointed when we drafted Osweiler instead

5. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I'll have to be sold on the idea that he's Russell Wilson. But I will say weep freaking blew it by not drafting Wilson. And myself and a few other members of this board were banging the table for Wilson prior to that draft and very disappointed when we drafted Osweiler instead
    He is rated pretty high for accuracy, my only issue will be how much of a system guy was he and will he have the durability to last.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

5'9 7/8"

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/01/kyl...size-oakland-a

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	91 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	13565

Google search says 5'11". Guess we'll see if he goes to the combine.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I was pissed when we drafted brock lol.....to be fair to brock though we don't win a SB in 2015 if it wasn't for him.....so I will always have a soft spot for the kid...lol even if he did get but hurt and leave for Houston lol.....

As for Murray, his skill set is legit, but his size scares the crap out of me...he needs to have a top notch off-season.....but I also agree its clear Elway wants a big dude, with a big arm, that has experience that can stand in the pocket and sling it, not so sure Murray fits that bill.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Elway was interested in Shorty Mayfield...
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Elway was interested in Shorty Mayfield...
    His intangibles, leadership and passion for the game on top of being a excellent football player were why. The dude had a desire and focus to be great, Elway recognized that. Also to me there is a big difference between 6 ft 1 or 6 ft 2 and 5 ft 9 with regards to football vision....Russell Wilson is the anomaly not the norm for a reason.....However I wont take away from Murray the football player....dude has skills.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    5'9 7/8"

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/01/kyl...size-oakland-a

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	91 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	13565

Google search says 5'11". Guess we'll see if he goes to the combine.

Here's a Tweet from local (Norman, OK) Barbershop legend @ScissorhandsOKC:

I don't know how tall Murray's hair is, but it looks like 5'9" is basically the floor there.

If he's a "system" guy, so was Baker Mayfield. . .. .

He's small, but I'll be damned if he can't throw it on a rope to anywhere on the field (I've seen it with my own eyes), and he's so damn fast. I'd have a hard time passing him by if he fell to #10.

12. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Who cares if he is 5'5. Can the guy play. Yes he can? Well then. Sign him up.

I hate how people think size matters. It just blows me away.

Paxton Lynch- has all the size and arm but cannot play. Heman Sanders is like the same height 5'9 180lbs, desean jackson is even smaller. Likely so is edelman. These guys get POUNDED in games. They are fine. They are ballers. People love them. However, a QB for some reason cant play because he is small.?? I do not get it. Edelman was a QB too. He could not throw nor run like Murray does though, hes still tiny and took the beating.

Murray is really intriguing. I would love him mid first round/late first round. What scares me off about him is the lack of experience and the project part. I do not believe 1st round picks should be projects unless their ceiling is top 5 player type.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

I don't understand how a scout or coach or manager could watch film--proof of the dude lighting it up and showing off both excellent technique and unreal athleticism in actual games that matter, then turn around and say he won't be able to do that in the NFL because he's too short, when the linemen at OU are as tall as NFL linemen. That is rank ignorance.

There's the risk of injury, no question. A 300# frame getting blowed up by Suh bears less risk of catastrophic failure than a 190# frame. But the NFL rules have evolved so much to protect the QB, and continue to do so...the NFL freaking wants dudes like Murray on Sundays.

This is an easy one if he falls to 10, but the question is how high up should the Broncos trade to get him?

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Let's leave Haskins out of this conversation to the extent possible--I'd assume he would be a target in the draft and probably a decent one...my goal isn't to compare Haskins and Murray.

18. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

He can be a total game changer. Its going to be fun to go through this process. I really like the QBs this year. A lot. I have just started on all of them but for now, my personal preference would be to trade back so we can nab the Elite CB or ILB needed and then grab a grier, Stidham late first early second.

However, if Kyler can show that his lack of experience is not a detriment and he can read the defenses and whatnot. Gosh he is going to be tempting. I need more but he, for now, could end up being the first QB taken. (not arizona- I do not buy it). But jacksonville or the Giants especially I can see. Murray with Saquon and the squad in NY could rival the 2013 broncos offense. How does one stop that?

I need more on murray on my part but man this kid is phenominal. Remember those who told me he wasnt going to declare and was not going to be a first rd pick, when I first started on him. I think we were all way way way off on just how good this kid is. I still have my concerns but man. He is an accurate Mike Vick that can actually throw. Crazy!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

20. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

Paxton Lynch- has all the size and arm but cannot play. Heman Sanders is like the same height 5'9 180lbs, desean jackson is even smaller. Likely so is edelman. These guys get POUNDED in games. They are fine. They are ballers. People love them. However, a QB for some reason cant play because he is small.?? I do not get it. Edelman was a QB too. He could not throw nor run like Murray does though, hes still tiny and took the beating.

Murray is really intriguing. I would love him mid first round/late first round. What scares me off about him is the lack of experience and the project part. I do not believe 1st round picks should be projects unless their ceiling is top 5 player type.

UR size does matter in all aspects of the field....its why its so rare for a small guy at any position to succeed. Its why a guy like Lindsay or sproles gets overlooked because for everyone of them there are 500 others that failed miserably....Same with Wilson and Brees.....its a anomaly so yes it does matter.....very much so, and to ignore that isn't being objective regarding a prospect. I have already stated the dude can ball out, and he has the talent to be Russell Wilson or better, and it wouldn't shock me at all to see him go top 5.... but he has the same potential because of his size to have a short life span in the nfl or flame out altogether....why?? because NFL history has proven that to be a pretty normal thing with guys his size.....and that picture NTL posted verified he aint even close to 6 ft 1...his field of vision is probably even 3 inches shorter then Brees for crying out loud.

The reason Brees and a guy like Steve young succeded with their size limitations is because they know how to throw their WR's open its almost a blind throw to a spot....if Murray can do that he could be the next Russell Wilson, but that's a rare thing not a normal thing....

This don't mean he doesn't have potential he does have a starter NFL skill set, dude can ball, but there should be vary valid concerns regarding his size and teams should dude their due diligence. The NFL is no joke
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 01-16-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

22. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    UR size does matter in all aspects of the field....its why its so rare for a small guy at any position to succeed. Its why a guy like Lindsay or sproles gets overlooked because for everyone of them there are 500 others that failed miserably....Same with Wilson and Brees.....its a anomaly so yes it does matter.....very much so, and to ignore that isn't being objective regarding a prospect. I have already stated the dude can ball out, and he has the talent to be Russell Wilson or better, and it wouldn't shock me at all to see him go top 5.... but he has the same potential because of his size to have a short life span in the nfl or flame out altogether....why?? because NFL history has proven that to be a pretty normal thing with guys his size.....and that picture NTL posted verified he aint even close to 6 ft 1...his field of vision is probably even 3 inches shorter then Brees for crying out loud.

The reason Brees and a guy like Steve young succeded with their size limitations is because they know how to throw their WR's open its almost a blind throw to a spot....if Murray can do that he could be the next Russell Wilson, but that's a rare thing not a normal thing....

This don't mean he doesn't have potential he does have a starter NFL skill set, dude can ball, but there should be vary valid concerns regarding his size and teams should dude their due diligence. The NFL is no joke
    Steve Young was 6’2” 215. Not prototypical but hardly undersized. He developed concussion problems because he LOOKED for contact when he ran, like a friggin fullback

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information