Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyler Murray

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Uggh UR. Neither of those guys excite me. Stidham has regressed mightily this year. And barely completed 60 percent of his passes. Grier has the same physical limitations as Keenum
    I'm 100% not a fan of Grier or Finley at all. Stidham is intriguing his NFL skill set is undeniable.... but I want to know why he went backwards this year for sure....I know scouts are wondering about him as well for that reason, if his 2018 was anything like the back half of 2017, he could have been going 1st rd. guaranteed right now. I think he will end up going rd 2. He could surprise if he gets a good coach in the pros. Scouts love his starter skill set....
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 01-18-2019 at 02:03 PM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Uggh UR. Neither of those guys excite me. Stidham has regressed mightily this year. And barely completed 60 percent of his passes. Grier has the same physical limitations as Keenum
    Im really liking Stidham the more I watch of him. Really liking him!

Grier throws stronger than case. Its not a ton stronger but he has a decently strong arm. He also can lead a team. He also is very accurate. he aso can read a defense. And he also does not suck, like case does. He reminds me a lot of Matt Ryan.

Stidham though, I have only watched 2 games of his and a highlight vid or two. I really like this kid. Great arm. pretty accurate. Reads the defense very very well. Mobile enough. Leader. Makes some insane throws. I love that he throws the ball away a bunch.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Cincinnati would ruin Murray. Poor kid should go play baseball and not live in garbage ass Cincinnati with garbage ass Ohioans. I ******* wouldn't wish that on too many people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The thing about Murray is that this transitional period lines up well for an experiment like Murray. I guess if I thought he was an ultimate competitor type I'd take the gamble because Case would actually be a good backup for him. But I'd also be ok with BPA and returning to the issue in 2019. Lock might also work, but doesn't seem to have the same upside.

I like watching ballers ball, that's also part of it.

No question you'd have to adapt to him, but the Broncos are in a position to do that, and that actually seems like what the team is meant to do right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Murray is a much much much better passer than the kid that went to baltimore (whom by the way I said would be 1st rounder last year). Murray goes rd 1 and is the real deal. he runs just as well and does not run first. He is an actual passer. He will need time to develop no doubt, but I like that kid. He LOOKS, I said LOOKS, to be a better thrower than Cam. If so, hes top 10.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

7. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Murray is a much much much better passer than the kid that went to baltimore (whom by the way I said would be 1st rounder last year). Murray goes rd 1 and is the real deal. he runs just as well and does not run first. He is an actual passer. He will need time to develop no doubt, but I like that kid. He LOOKS, I said LOOKS, to be a better thrower than Cam. If so, hes top 10.
    I have no idea how Murray will do, his size is a concern for me. But yea, i think Jackson will fall back down to earth when teams take away his run option.

Adopted Bronco:

Would be interesting to see an offense with Murray and Lindsay in it, though...at least for a pick game.

10. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Would be interesting to see an offense with Murray and Lindsay in it, though...at least for a pick game.
    What do you think of Murray? Sorry if you posted it and I missed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    What do you think of Murray? Sorry if you posted it and I missed it.
    Personally, I think he's a dick for transferring from A&M. But I digress.

I think he can play in the NFL from an athletic standpoint, but his overall size does concern me. I've stood pretty close to him at a couple A&M practices a few years ago and at the time, I would have probably guessed 5'10". So, I guess it's possible he measures in at 5'11" now

But his physical size concerns me more than anything. He just doesn't really have the frame to be a whole lot bigger than he is today, which is under 200 pounds. How many hits can he take before he becomes Robert Griffith the 4th?

Personally, I would roll the dice on Haskins or Jones if I were forced to draft a QB at 10 and all options were available. Even if they weren't, I wouldn't touch Murray until the 3rd just based on size alone.

13. The Following 6 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post

Short/underweight QBs seem to have a tougher time with longevity than WRs/RBs.
    This is an assumption. There is no data to support this as the NFL has never really given the short dudes a chance.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Dude is little but is a baller. So was Flutie. Had Flutie gotten a REAL chance Brees and Russell would have both gone earlier. Now there are some short ballers and he'll get his shot. Maybe he gets beat up. But Sean Lee isn't tiny and has NEVER been able to stay healthy. Size doesnt necessarily indicate health.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Man dude, you are pining hard for that guy. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post

Personally, I would roll the dice on Haskins or Jones if I were forced to draft a QB at 10 and all options were available. Even if they weren't, I wouldn't touch Murray until the 3rd just based on size alone.

Jones, huh? Ive seen the least of him, but from my initial look I was not very impressed with him. I will do my diligence but why Jones? What do you think of Lock, Grier and Stidham?
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Man dude, you are pining hard for that guy. Lol
    Not necessarily. To me, it's risk v reward. Does anyone really believe the other QBs in this draft have star potential? Maybe Haskins...but he's going too early for me. Murray shines. He may flop. Take the risk. If it doesn't work...grab a stud next year. It didn't hurt Washington to have 2 young QBs when they got RG3. Double down.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Stidham=trash

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information