Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Kyler Murray

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Not necessarily. To me, it's risk v reward. Does anyone really believe the other QBs in this draft have star potential? Maybe Haskins...but he's going too early for me. Murray shines. He may flop. Take the risk. If it doesn't work...grab a stud next year. It didn't hurt Washington to have 2 young QBs when they got RG3. Double down.
    Im not really sure there is a QB worth a first round pick this year. They are all about the same to me in terms of risk v reward. I would be fine with going with a guy like Devin White or antoher defender with the first this year. None of the QB's coming out really wow me all that much.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Nobody is as dynamic as him in this draft. All could flop...be he COULD be special. I don't see that from the others.

4. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Stidham=trash
    Lies!
    Why do you think this?

(one mans trash is the broncos treasure)
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Lies!
    Why do you think this?

(one mans trash is the broncos treasure)
    Because I've watched him try to play football.

Because I've watched him try to play football.
    That's one helluva one liner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I like when my QBs don't get statistically worse each year.

9. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I think UR should start watching college football. I mean, it would save a lot of YouTube time in January,

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Man dude, you are pining hard for that guy. Lol
    Me?

Sure. At the same time, I get it that it's a big gamble.

It's too bad he won't be there in the 2d.

He looks like a QB to me, more so than Lamar J or other running type QBs. I don't see him as a running QB, just a great arm that happens to be attached to a fast elusive dude that can punish you and hold the D more accountable.

Really, what I see is the ultimate weapon for an offensive coordinator who is given the option of making an offense around the guy. I see the kernel of a dynamic offense, and that's what we are looking for. These other QBs would be fine if they pan out (no guarantee Murray would), but they can't launch 60yd TD strikes on the run twisting sideways.

I think the last few years have me itching for some dynamic play on offense.

I'd sit him a year behind Keenum.

He's going to take some hits though, and if he's out of the game you need a solid #2 who can do those same things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

13. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Hawg loves him because he throws a deep ball like...#sloterhouse
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

15. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Hawg loves him because he throws a deep ball like...#sloterhouse
    I'm trying to goad Elway into taking the kid serious.

Really...it's a big risk. But you can't deny the talent, and the dude is a competitor.

The idea of pairing Scangy with this kid and saying 'sic em' is the type of stuff that makes me wet for football.

We're all pining for a Mahomes, well then get one.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'm trying to goad Elway into taking the kid serious.

Really...it's a big risk. But you can't deny the talent, and the dude is a competitor.

The idea of pairing Scangy with this kid and saying 'sic em' is the type of stuff that makes me wet for football.

We're all pining for a Mahomes, well then get one.
    I just wanted rehash one of my favorite conversations with you where we debated if THAT throw was more akin to a highlight dunk or other absurd spectacle.

The talent is obvious - where he was drafted by the A's, his speed, his arm strength, velocity, overall mobility, quick twitch, etc.

If we drafted him, and he bombed, I couldn't blame Elway.

18. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I just wanted rehash one of my favorite conversations with you where we debated if THAT throw was more akin to a highlight dunk or other absurd spectacle.
    Yeah, I gotta move on from Sloter, water under bridge and all. Wonder if he's going to get a shot at being a #1 some day?

Yeah, I gotta move on from Sloter, water under bridge and all. Wonder if he's going to get a shot at being a #1 some day?
    I’ve seen less talented guys end up there. Hope he styles

21. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Me?

Sure. At the same time, I get it that it's a big gamble.

It's too bad he won't be there in the 2d.

He looks like a QB to me, more so than Lamar J or other running type QBs. I don't see him as a running QB, just a great arm that happens to be attached to a fast elusive dude that can punish you and hold the D more accountable.

Really, what I see is the ultimate weapon for an offensive coordinator who is given the option of making an offense around the guy. I see the kernel of a dynamic offense, and that's what we are looking for. These other QBs would be fine if they pan out (no guarantee Murray would), but they can't launch 60yd TD strikes on the run twisting sideways.

I think the last few years have me itching for some dynamic play on offense.

I'd sit him a year behind Keenum.

He's going to take some hits though, and if he's out of the game you need a solid #2 who can do those same things.
    I dont know if im sold on Murray as a QB, im not sold on him as a 1st rounder BUT if Denver takes him at 10 then they just need to play him from day 1. He will learn nothing from Keenum.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    IM pretty sure white Is gone by the teens. He is a top 3-5 player on the big board
    I was just getting ready to mention this to UR.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information