Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyler Murray

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    When I played college hockey I was a solid 190. I played against guys that were 220 to 230. I got concussed once. Hell be fine.

DeSean Jackson is like 160lbs. Darren sproles is smaller. Phil lindsay is smaller. His weight and height dont matter.
    When I was a horse jockey I weighed 107 and the mud and manure hitting me didn’t affect me.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    When I played college hockey I was a solid 190. I played against guys that were 220 to 230. I got concussed once. Hell be fine.

DeSean Jackson is like 160lbs. Darren sproles is smaller. Phil lindsay is smaller. His weight and height dont matter.
    It's the size of the fite in da dawg!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    When I was a horse jockey I weighed 107 and the mud and manure hitting me didn’t affect me.
    Omg
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

What's his hand size and 40 time

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    What's his hand size and 40 time
    Last I remember is was 16 reps and a 1.98 GAA. Not great, really, but his TOVA was off the chart--I mean nano-twitch--and he remembers his mom's birthday.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    And look at you now. The teflon man!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Let's be honest here - does 2-3" in height really matter all that much? Certainly didn't seem to affect him in college at all.

I like the kid.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Unless your willing to be objective then no size doesn't matter and every player will be the next Russell Wilson or sproles or DJax or Lindsay....these type of smaller players are guaranteed they grow on trees....its the norm right.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Unless your willing to be objective then no size doesn't matter and every player will be the next Russell Wilson or sproles or DJax or Lindsay....these type of smaller players are guaranteed they grow on trees....its the norm right.....
    On-field talent trumps size.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Let's be honest here - does 2-3" in height really matter all that much? Certainly didn't seem to affect him in college at all.

I like the kid.

The shortest OU lineman this season is 6'3". Bobby Evans and Dru Samia were both 6'5".

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=211768540

All things being equal, a shorter QB can be a problem, but it seems Murray has the talent to offset being a couple inches shorter than ideal.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

On-field talent trumps size.
    agreed in some ways, but the avg. small player with elite skills in college doesn't often end up being the same player in the pros because partially due to size. This isn't semantics its been proven by how few small players actually get it done at the NFL level....its a anomaly not the norm.

I like Murray and yes he had a great season, but it also was 1 year in system designed to create gaudy stats in space with 4 and 5 wide sets in a conference that doesn't play defense.....when vision is in play against NFL defenses 3-4 inches of view is a big difference and its why its not normal for 5 ft 9 guys to be playing Qb effectively in fact Wilson is the exception not the norm and now all the sudden just because we need a QB the next Russell Wilson is there for us....NFL history doesn't back that up at all....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

15. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    The shortest OU lineman this season is 6'3". Bobby Evans and Dru Samia were both 6'5".

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=211768540

All things being equal, a shorter QB can be a problem, but it seems Murray has the talent to offset being a couple inches shorter than ideal.

A shorter QB is a problem if you look at the history of the NFL....there are absolutely exceptions and Murray could be one of those but to get knocked because I have concerns about his size is dumb, when history has shown my concern to be extremely valid....Many scouts that get paid money to do this and are excellent at their job wonder about his size for a reason....This isn't a foreign concept and now all the sudden cause there are a few players in the pros That do well being small over the decades of NFL history, Murray is a lock simply cause we need a Qb....its bad logic. He has every bit a chance to do well.....but NFL history is not even close to being on his side.....There are plenty of athletes in college that dominate like Murray did but cant make it in the pros due to size, to discredit that simply cause we need a Qb right now is not smart evaluating....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

A shorter QB is a problem if you look at the history of the NFL....there are absolutely exceptions and Murray could be one of those but to get knocked because I have concerns about his size is dumb, when history has shown my concern to be extremely valid....Many scouts that get paid money to do this and are excellent at their job wonder about his size for a reason....This isn't a foreign concept and now all the sudden cause there are a few players in the pros That do well being small over the decades of NFL history, Murray is a lock simply cause we need a Qb....its bad logic. He has every bit a chance to do well.....but NFL history is not even close to being on his side.....There are plenty of athletes in college that dominate like Murray did but cant make it in the pros due to size, to discredit that simply cause we need a Qb right now is not smart evaluating....

I'm not saying he's a lock.

I'm also not saying it's not a valid concern. All things being equal, I'd rather he was 6'3".

But I do question whether or not height is as important now as it used to be (or if it ever was really that important, see also: Doug Flutie). I have to wonder whether or not height is really important, or if it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. "Short QB's don't have success in the NFL", so nobody drafts short QB's, and hence, there never are any successful short QBs in the NFL.

I'm kind of reminded of the scene in Moneyball when the "professional scout" didn't like a prospect because he had an ugly girlfriend, and that showed a lack of confidence. . .

Is height really a metric borne out in the data? Or is there too small a sample size of short QB's to really draw any conclusions?

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I'm not saying he's a lock.

I'm also not saying it's not a valid concern. All things being equal, I'd rather he was 6'3".

But I do question whether or not height is as important now as it used to be (or if it ever was really that important, see also: Doug Flutie). I have to wonder whether or not height is really important, or if it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. "Short QB's don't have success in the NFL", so nobody drafts short QB's, and hence, there never are any successful short QBs in the NFL.

I'm kind of reminded of the scene in Moneyball when the "professional scout" didn't like a prospect because he had an ugly girlfriend, and that showed a lack of confidence. . .

Is height really a metric borne out in the data? Or is there too small a sample size of short QB's to really draw any conclusions?
    I'm glad I didn't post what I was going to, because you stated my thoughts so much more eloquently than I would have.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I'm glad I didn't post what I was going to, because you stated my thoughts so much more eloquently than I would have.
    you could have posted what you want, I would have been fine lol

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information