Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyler Murray

The more I watch this guy, the more I like him. Very intriguing as a player. Would be totally different than anything we’ve done, maybe ever

2. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    UR size does matter in all aspects of the field....its why its so rare for a small guy at any position to succeed. Its why a guy like Lindsay or sproles gets overlooked because for everyone of them there are 500 others that failed miserably....Same with Wilson and Brees.....its a anomaly so yes it does matter.....very much so, and to ignore that isn't being objective regarding a prospect. I have already stated the dude can ball out, and he has the talent to be Russell Wilson or better, and it wouldn't shock me at all to see him go top 5.... but he has the same potential because of his size to have a short life span in the nfl or flame out altogether....why?? because NFL history has proven that to be a pretty normal thing with guys his size.....and that picture NTL posted verified he aint even close to 6 ft 1...his field of vision is probably even 3 inches shorter then Brees for crying out loud.

The reason Brees and a guy like Steve young succeded with their size limitations is because they know how to throw their WR's open its almost a blind throw to a spot....if Murray can do that he could be the next Russell Wilson, but that's a rare thing not a normal thing....

This don't mean he doesn't have potential he does have a starter NFL skill set, dude can ball, but there should be vary valid concerns regarding his size and teams should dude their due diligence. The NFL is no joke
    Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Steve Young was 6’2” 215. Not prototypical but hardly undersized. He developed concussion problems because he LOOKED for contact when he ran, like a friggin fullback
    Size does matter, to a degree. I've said it before: Some guys know how to take a hit. Other's don't. I realize a player can't fully control that, but being "smallish" doesn't automatically equate to being injury prone or a tackle dummy.

Barry Sanders was 5'8". Emmitt Smith was 5'9". Walter Payton was 5'10". Arguably, they took a lot more hits than a QB ever will in today's league.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I am by no means all-in on this kid--I didn't have a clue about him honestly until he declared, and just shared my thoughts that he has a definite presence at QB...I don't see him as a runner except when the defense fails to account for him (and possibly on some designed plays, sure)--what jumped out at me was his footwork and release. Plus he's just a killer athlete, the kind of guy who makes amazing throws while twisting and jumping (think second-baseman throwing to first).

Longevity is a concern, but it shouldn't be any more of a concern than it was for Carson Wentz.

I won't pretend to know that this kid is the real deal, I haven't a clue. But as a fan who likes to think he can eyeball talent, I'd be optimistic for his future if the Broncos drafted him and put him in a system where he could succeed.

I was just reading earlier about Bill Walsh drafting Joe Montana. What I gathered out of it was that it was one of his scouts who came away impressed from an impromptu workout with Montana (it was a WR who was being scouted, but Montana was in the neighborhood to throw the ball), and the scout had the impression that Montana had an untapped potential to improvise. Something about his ability to learn something new quickly...idk. Walsh, after realizing Phil Simms wouldn't be available, wanted some other scrub.

It gets you thinking about the type of person who can identify who will be great in the NFL. It wasn't Walsh. Reminds me of Elway in that regard. Both of these individuals are quite intelligent, and masters of their craft.

If we do draft a QB this year, I hope we have someone like that random scout in SF or the guy who found Mahomes, and they are able to talk some sense into Elway (and Kubiak?), and Matt Russell, too, if he's involved. Because recent history (up until Mayfield) hasn't been good enough. I hope this new OC is the kind of guy who can pick the QB he needs to find mutual success, and management doesn't force their vision upon him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

It also says a lot that the kid got a huge deal in MLB but turned it down. 1--he loves the game (whether baseball or football), 2--he's looking for greatness and betting on himself.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

8. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Dude is a baller. If he is there at 10...take him. Toss him in right away and see what ya got.

If he struggles in a way that seems like the height will continue to be an issue, make that power move in 2020.

10. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I'm more worried about weight than height. That dude will die.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Just don't run too many designed runs, he'll be totally fine. If he survived college, I'd take the gamble. The NFL isn't trending toward more quarterback violence...

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

But yeah, he'll have his toughness checked for sure. I'd go for it because he's after greatness.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Here's a Tweet from local (Norman, OK) Barbershop legend @ScissorhandsOKC:

I don't know how tall Murray's hair is, but it looks like 5'9" is basically the floor there.

If he's a "system" guy, so was Baker Mayfield. . .. .

He's small, but I'll be damned if he can't throw it on a rope to anywhere on the field (I've seen it with my own eyes), and he's so damn fast. I'd have a hard time passing him by if he fell to #10.
    Solid propaganda.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

He is 5'9/5'10. Tell Scissorhands is to stand up straight.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Just don't run too many designed runs, he'll be totally fine. If he survived college, I'd take the gamble. The NFL isn't trending toward more quarterback violence...
    I looked up his stats compared to, say, Lamar Jackson in college to see if they were at all similar. Murray is a much more accurate passer (69% to 59%), but the question was about running. Jackson, at least from what I've seen in Baltimore, has designed run plays fairly often. In college, he ran it 260 times in 2016 and 232 times in 2017. Murray, by contrast, ran it 140 times this year. I saw a few designed runs on film, but it looks like he's a pass first QB with the ability to escape and be elusive. I like what I'm seeing.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

In a league where QB's are protected more and more..and with the offensive trend...and that guy's talent....passing on him is tough.

Plus I'd get to hate watch all the interviews with Keenum where he's asked if he will tutor him/feels about competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    In a league where QB's are protected more and more..and with the offensive trend...and that guy's talent....passing on him is tough.

Plus I'd get to hate watch all the interviews with Keenum where he's asked if he will tutor him/feels about competition.

Keenum is a class act and probably would.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Keenum is a class act and probably would.
    He’s not a fat loser
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    When I played college hockey I was a solid 190. I played against guys that were 220 to 230. I got concussed once. Hell be fine.

DeSean Jackson is like 160lbs. Darren sproles is smaller. Phil lindsay is smaller. His weight and height dont matter.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

25. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information