Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown?

I'd be surprised if he did land here. AB doesn't strike me as compatible with Fangio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I don't see any signs that would lead me to think that.
    Local beat reporters have all been talking for months about how we are allegedly interested in him. I believe even Klis said something about it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Steelers said they won't trade him in division or to the Patriots

Adopted Bronco:

Did any of this stuff about AB really come about, much less pose a problem before Rothelisberger started running his mouth about him? I was trying to think back after seeing terms like locker room cancer and selfish and diva thrown around this thread, and I can't really recall any of that being an issue until Ben started his comments after an argument with him and Ryan Clark starts talking about random stuff that supposedly happened 6 or 7 years ago, or even Bruce Arians...who hasn't been around him even longer...saying he's not the same player he drafted.

I'm not advocating for a trade for him, nor am I doubting an All-Pro WR would have diva tendencies...but are we really going to black list him based on the word of Big Ben and two people who haven't been near him in a few years?

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Did any of this stuff about AB really come about, much less pose a problem before Rothelisberger started running his mouth about him? I was trying to think back after seeing terms like locker room cancer and selfish and diva thrown around this thread, and I can't really recall any of that being an issue until Ben started his comments after an argument with him and Ryan Clark starts talking about random stuff that supposedly happened 6 or 7 years ago, or even Bruce Arians...who hasn't been around him even longer...saying he's not the same player he drafted.

I'm not advocating for a trade for him, nor am I doubting an All-Pro WR would have diva tendencies...but are we really going to black list him based on the word of Big Ben and two people who haven't been near him in a few years?
    Big Ben is a notorious A-hole...

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The way I see it, where there is smoke there is likely fire. If it were just one former teammate/coach blasting him, you could say they were just looking for attention or whatever. The fact that it's two people plus a guy who currently plays with him makes me more suspicious. Plus the instances of him mysteriously missing practice and screaming "why don't you just trade me" during the season. There's no one major awful thing he's done, but it's been enough little things here and there that make me feel pretty confident that something is off with him.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Big Ben is a notorious A-hole...
    That's kind of my point. After 9 years, suddenly Ben doesn't like him after an argument...Arians calls him a diva after not working with him for 8 years...and Ryan Clark says something after leaving the team 7 years ago. Just a little weird.

That said...I'd release/trade Sanders (since he's pretty much already asking for it anyway), swap 1st round picks with Pitt in exchange for Brown and a mid round pick. His salary isn't prohibitive and none of it is guaranteed, so like Flacco, we can let him go at no cost to us if it doesn't work out. This way we get an elite receiver in the offense until the young guys are ready for top roles and it's help for Flacco. With our run game and some improvements to the OL...the offense could be pretty damn scary.

Even dropping 10 spots in the 1st still allows us to draft a stud on defense or the OL.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The way I see it, where there is smoke there is likely fire. If it were just one former teammate/coach blasting him, you could say they were just looking for attention or whatever. The fact that it's two people plus a guy who currently plays with him makes me more suspicious. Plus the instances of him mysteriously missing practice and screaming "why don't you just trade me" during the season. There's no one major awful thing he's done, but it's been enough little things here and there that make me feel pretty confident that something is off with him.
    Pretty much all star WR's have diva tendencies, but let's not pretend he's Dez Bryant or Terrell Owens. But the timing is really weird. Nothing is said about AB...like...ever...and then as soon as he gets into an argument with Ben, the wolves (who haven't been around him in 6+ years), come out and have something to say.

Call me crazy, but I'll take a missed practice in exchange for 100 catches, 1200 yards and 10 TD's.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yea, but the guy that still plays with him, he's a notorious dick and other teammates have called him out for being a dick. So how trustworthy is his perspective on this matter?

That's kind of my point. After 9 years, suddenly Ben doesn't like him after an argument...Arians calls him a diva after not working with him for 8 years...and Ryan Clark says something after leaving the team 7 years ago. Just a little weird.

That said...I'd release/trade Sanders (since he's pretty much already asking for it anyway), swap 1st round picks with Pitt in exchange for Brown and a mid round pick. His salary isn't prohibitive and none of it is guaranteed, so like Flacco, we can let him go at no cost to us if it doesn't work out. This way we get an elite receiver in the offense until the young guys are ready for top roles and it's help for Flacco. With our run game and some improvements to the OL...the offense could be pretty damn scary.

Even dropping 10 spots in the 1st still allows us to draft a stud on defense or the OL.
    I wouldn't swap personally. Maybe a 2nd or if we can get away with it a thirds. The anticipated asking price for Brown a few months back was a 3rd round pick. He's said and done a lot of dumb stuff on twitter recently, that asking price could be driven down by his antics.

I will say, his antics brought about some of the best drive by shade I've seen in awhile.

AB the other day on instagram said that he no longer wanted to be called AB, to call him Mr Big Chests.

Pro Football Focus responded with "smart that he's increasing his chest size. It makes it more likely for Big Ben to make a pass at him"

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

How do you know he isn't Dez or TO? He just seems like someone who isn't worth the risk to me. How many teams win super bowls building around high priced diva WRs? I can't think of a single one.

If we could get him on the cheap I'd take the risk, but no way I'd invest a ton in this guy.
    Last edited by BroncoWave; 02-20-2019 at 11:11 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Here is some food for thought as well. If Big Ben is such a notorious dbag, which most people seem to agree he is, yet all these former players and coaches take his side over AB when they get in an argument, what does that say about AB?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I don’t think its as unlikely as people think it is......i think Big Ben is the root of most issues in Pittsburgh....I also don’t like how people are anointing Sutton and Hamilton and Patrick.....its not a surprise case struggled when DT was traded and sanders got hurt......Sutton dropped just as many if not more balls then DT, but he is a upgrade...no proof other than athleticism at his point in his career. Hamilton took awhile to come on, but i think he can be our version of Antonio Brown....Sanders I would keep him.....he was playing at a very high level last year before injury, but its not a easy injury to return from at his age. If we don’t go after a guy like Antonio brown. We would be dumb to trade or cut him even at the cost we have to pay for the year. We have no proven number 1 on this team if we release or trade sanders....so if we do I absolutely could see Elway looking at Brown......
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Brown was just on instagram or twitter saying "if your squad has guaranteed money call me. and I don't have time to waste." That sounds to me like he has no intention of playing on current contract.

16. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Brown was just on instagram or twitter saying "if your squad has guaranteed money call me. and I don't have time to waste." That sounds to me like he has no intention of playing on current contract.
    That’s the diva part of Brown for sure.....I don’t think he is a good fit here, but I cant argue against him being a upgrade at the position because right now he would be....that’s a fact as far as skill and talent go. Do we want the headaches or have the space that’s on Elway to decide not me...
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information