Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    That’s the diva part of Brown for sure.....I don’t think he is a good fit here, but I cant argue against him being a upgrade at the position because right now he would be....that’s a fact as far as skill and talent go. Do we want the headaches or have the space that’s on Elway to decide not me...
    Bottom line, if not AB, we need an actual veteran in our WR core. Sanders is fairly likely out the door. No matter how good the rookies may or may not be, this is still just their second year, we need more experience mixed in with the young guns.

2. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I wouldn't swap personally. Maybe a 2nd or if we can get away with it a thirds. The anticipated asking price for Brown a few months back was a 3rd round pick. He's said and done a lot of dumb stuff on twitter recently, that asking price could be driven down by his antics.

I will say, his antics brought about some of the best drive by shade I've seen in awhile.

AB the other day on instagram said that he no longer wanted to be called AB, to call him Mr Big Chests.

Pro Football Focus responded with "smart that he's increasing his chest size. It makes it more likely for Big Ben to make a pass at him"
    Is it really worse than Sanders saying, "he cant wait to be a part of team with a good passing game.", or "No chance I'll restructure my contract". He's pretty much begging Elway to trade or release him without actually saying the words.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Brown was just on instagram or twitter saying "if your squad has guaranteed money call me. and I don't have time to waste." That sounds to me like he has no intention of playing on current contract.
    And if it plays out to be true...I agree. But all of my comments were made before that

6. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    How do you know he isn't Dez or TO? He just seems like someone who isn't worth the risk to me. How many teams win super bowls building around high priced diva WRs? I can't think of a single one.

If we could get him on the cheap I'd take the risk, but no way I'd invest a ton in this guy.
    I am the first to bang the drum that a top WR isn't a requirement for a title. But with Sanders essentially begging to be moved, we do need a veteran. What other vet can we get that comes with AB's price tag...no guaranteed money...and his track record? Pretty much any veteran FA that had more than 50 catches last year is a slot receiver. The only guy with more than 50 that can line up outside and qualifies as a stop gap veteran is Demaryius. Unless we think Golden Tate is an answer

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I am the first to bang the drum that a top WR isn't a requirement for a title. But with Sanders essentially begging to be moved, we do need a veteran. What other vet can we get that comes with AB's price tag...no guaranteed money...and his track record? Pretty much any veteran FA that had more than 50 catches last year is a slot receiver. The only guy with more than 50 that can line up outside and qualifies as a stop gap veteran is Demaryius. Unless we think Golden Tate is an answer
    The pickings are slim for sure in that regard...I don’t like Sanders doing what he is doing publicly....but i feel like he was baited into it....i would have said hell no to lol.....I’m aligned with needing a vet bu the pickings are just ugghhhh out of who i consider the top ten FA Wr’s right now only 1 i like and that’s Robby Andersen, and he is a restricted FA who showed a lot of chemistry finally with darnold down the stretch so I’m pretty sure he gets tendered at the second rd level.

The rest is a mosh pit of slot Wr’s and has beens. If I was elway and we loose sanders and don’t want AB, i would bring back DT on the cheap but he will probably be pup list so we can wait til mid-season and bring him back if needed, we just have to remind him to dive for catches....
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 02-20-2019 at 12:53 PM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:

The pickings are slim for sure in that regard...I don’t like Sanders doing what he is doing publicly....but i feel like he was baited into it....i would have said hell no to lol.....I’m aligned with needing a vet bu the pickings are just ugghhhh out of who i consider the top ten FA Wr’s right now only 1 i like and that’s Robby Andersen, and he is a restricted FA who showed a lot of chemistry finally with drawn old down the stretch so I’m pretty sure he gets tendered at the second rd level....the rest is a mosh pit of slot Wr’s.....if I was elway and we loose sanders and don’t want AB, i would bring back DT on the cheap but he will probably be pup list so we can wait til mid-season and bring him back if needed lol
    I like Andersen too, but I think he gets tendered pretty high. Which leaves Jamison Crowder if we're looking for a burner out of the slot that has been a round a few years. But I also think there will be high demand for him.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I like Andersen too, but I think he gets tendered pretty high. Which leaves Jamison Crowder if we're looking for a burner out of the slot that has been a round a few years. But I also think there will be high demand for him.
    Agreed and im not high on crowder he is to inconsistent with getting separation.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Is it really worse than Sanders saying, "he cant wait to be a part of team with a good passing game.", or "No chance I'll restructure my contract". He's pretty much begging Elway to trade or release him without actually saying the words.
    I agree, was just talking about his malcontent elsewhere not even five minutes ago. Brown is a diva who wants paid. Sanders is also a diva that wants paid, but since he's on our roster for whatever reason, the fanbase doesn't see it as clearly.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Oh, any team that trades for AB will have to pay him guaranteed money. He's going to make sure of that... Any team that trades for him will have to re-work his contract, he won't be content if they don't.

Adopted Bronco:

I agree, was just talking about his malcontent elsewhere not even five minutes ago. Brown is a diva who wants paid. Sanders is also a diva that wants paid, but since he's on our roster for whatever reason, the fanbase doesn't see it as clearly.
    Wait until Sanders eventually leaves and then see what he says about the team and what the team says about him then. I have a feeling it will be on par with the AB situation.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Sanders was and has always been about making that money and winning...he is a diva as well way more then DT ever was...don’t blame him at all though for not accepting a paycut....a deal is a deal if it means you want to move on and trade him so be it....but people cant get mad either cause he wont take a paycut from a agreed upon contract...fans act superior about that crap, but lets be real if your boss said hey we need to improve so i need to bring on some more help but you have to cut your pay would you be okay with it....hell no.....now if sanders was in year 1 or 2 of his deal and demanded a trade like brown or wanted a new deal...then i have some issues.....but right now it ain’t that big a deal.

Wouldn’t be shocked if he wasn’t in Denver this season and had some things to say though either....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:

Oh, any team that trades for AB will have to pay him guaranteed money. He's going to make sure of that... Any team that trades for him will have to re-work his contract, he won't be content if they don't.
    Well...then he'll either go to a stupid team or be shocked to see he's on the wrong side of 30 to demand a long term/high dollar guarantee

18. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Sanders was and has always been about making that money and winning...he is a diva as well way more then DT ever was...don’t blame him at all though for not accepting a paycut....a deal is a deal if it means you want to move on and trade him so be it....but people cant get mad either cause he wont take a paycut from a agreed upon contract...fans act superior about that crap, but lets be real if your boss said hey we need to improve so i need to bring on some more help but you have to cut your pay would you be okay with it....hell no.....now if sanders was in year 1 or 2 of his deal and demanded a trade like brown or wanted a new deal...then i have some issues.....but right now it ain’t that big a deal.

Wouldn’t be shocked if he wasn’t in Denver this season and had some things to say though either....
    I'm not really "mad" at him, I don't care for him a whole lot, but it's his right to chase that cash, just like it is AB.

We informed Sanders that we're picking up his option so barring a trade, he'll be here in 2019

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Sanders is the devil we know. Brown would be an unknown.

Adopted Bronco:

I'm not really "mad" at him, I don't care for him a whole lot, but it's his right to chase that cash, just like it is AB.

We informed Sanders that we're picking up his option so barring a trade, he'll be here in 2019
    12.5 million for a 32 year old coming off an achilles injury. Brilliant

22. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information