Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Antonio Brown?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Ask the Eagles how assembling a "dream team" worked out for them several years back. Adding talent to the team helps, but if you don't have a proper coaching staff in place, it isn't going to matter. Grueden is an overrated coach and the raiders are still gonna raider next year.
    Yep.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    But adding pieces and then drafting better is more in line with what they are doing. AB will contribute and adding Trent Brown and moving Miller to RT is a good move too. Add 3 solid draft picks and this is a completely different team...even if they do nothing more in FA.

Plus...I remember a team signing Aqib Talib, TJ Ward, Demarcus Ware and Emmanuel Sanders in free agency one year...and winning a Super Bowl the next year.
    Better organization? I would say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Actually the general point is we've seen teams add "great" players to their rosters before and yet cant find the chemistry or coaching to go along with it. Point is, nothing is guaranteed with the Raiders no matter what they have added or drafted. 2 years ago all i heard was how Del Rio and the Faid were going to win the SB but they ended up finishing last in the division last year. And i keep seeing Bronco fans crying and whining about how "oh noes! The Raiders are so good!" and start shitting themselves. All im saying is lets see the Raiders actually DO SOMETHING with that supposed talent before crowning their asses.
    I do get the general point, but no one is talking Superbowl and any crown with this move, just an improvement, which the Raiders did at wideout. Same with Bell if he signs.

And who are these Broncos fans, or any fans? I'm reading a mixed bag with the needle swaying more towards "good luck with that".

But adding pieces and then drafting better is more in line with what they are doing. AB will contribute and adding Trent Brown and moving Miller to RT is a good move too. Add 3 solid draft picks and this is a completely different team...even if they do nothing more in FA.

Plus...I remember a team signing Aqib Talib, TJ Ward, Demarcus Ware and Emmanuel Sanders in free agency one year...and winning a Super Bowl the next year.
    Absolutely it CAN happen with good coaching, we are proof of that. It's debatable how good Gruden is at coaching in 2019. He was very good in the past, but he seems to have not aged well as a coach. I see Gruden holding them back from benefiting from these moves.

Adopted Bronco:

Absolutely it CAN happen with good coaching, we are proof of that. It's debatable how good Gruden is at coaching in 2019. He was very good in the past, but he seems to have not aged well as a coach. I see Gruden holding them back from benefiting from these moves.
    All I'll ask is...was Kubiak such an amazing coach? Without looking up numbers, I'm pretty sure he and Gruden have the same amount of trophies and I'll bet Gruden has more career wins and playoff experience. Yeah...he stepped away for a bit, but other than that, what makes him such an incredibly horrible coach today? Call it a curiosity thing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Although he gets some credit for Oakland the first time around, he systematically dismantled the Bucs and never did live up to his QB guru rep. Even his Raider QB was actually good before becoming a Raider. Just needed a chance

All I'll ask is...was Kubiak such an amazing coach? Without looking up numbers, I'm pretty sure he and Gruden have the same amount of trophies and I'll bet Gruden has more career wins and playoff experience. Yeah...he stepped away for a bit, but other than that, what makes him such an incredibly horrible coach today? Call it a curiosity thing.
    Kubiak was a better coach than he gets credit for... If nothing else because he made the right choices.

Let's put it another way. Do you think Vance Joseph would have won the Superbowl in 2015? Or for that matter made the playoffs?

A lot of our games were close and decided by a few right decisions that kept us in the lead. Last year, a lot of our loses were poor execution or poor decision making at crucial moments.

I don't trust grudens decision making abilities, just like I didn't trust Joseph there. I do trust kubiak.

That can be there difference between playoffs and 5-11

8. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Kubiak was a better coach than he gets credit for... If nothing else because he made the right choices.

Let's put it another way. Do you think Vance Joseph would have won the Superbowl in 2015? Or for that matter made the playoffs?

A lot of our games were close and decided by a few right decisions that kept us in the lead. Last year, a lot of our loses were poor execution or poor decision making at crucial moments.

I don't trust grudens decision making abilities, just like I didn't trust Joseph there. I do trust kubiak.

That can be there difference between playoffs and 5-11
    Fair. But I would add that I didn't always trust some of Kubiak's very conservative choices either. Nevertheless, they sure won't be as devoid of talent as we may be.

10. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Ask the Eagles how assembling a "dream team" worked out for them several years back. Adding talent to the team helps, but if you don't have a proper coaching staff in place, it isn't going to matter. Grueden is an overrated coach and the raiders are still gonna raider next year.
    I hope you're right!

I don't put much stock in Gruden, but even a mediocre coach can lead a great team to success. Maybe not SB victories, but they can take a SB caliber roster and make noise in the playoffs, and keep us out of them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i hope y'all are right, but i think you're underestimating chucky. . . in any case, i don't see how it's a positive for us that they've added an all-pro WR and a solid LT, while still sitting on more cap space, and a treasure trove of valuable draft picks-- given that we haven't done anything yet besides swap keenum for jump ball joe, and tendered a few kids. . . it's still early in the process, and the draft is ultimately more important than FA anyway. . . but as of right this moment, we haven't done a thing to gain any ground on KC and the chargers, and instead are watching oakland creep up in our rear view. . .
    Last edited by dogfish; 03-11-2019 at 05:01 PM.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information