Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Argument for a Rookie QB

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    UA, you down with the smallish Murray, or the somewhat erratic Lock?

I find them to be all interesting prospects.
    Murray is my favorite of the 3. Guy is a straight-up winner who will do whatever it takes to get the victory, but at the same time isn't as reckless as Mariota. Russell Wilson is honestly the best comparison.

Lock has the most play under his belt, and I don't really think he's as erratic as Daniel Jones. Much safer, much more pro-ready prospect. Lock was projected as a first rounder if he came out last year, but chose to go back to school.

2. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

We need to wait for Trevor Lawrence. Not changing my mind either. I am ok with a couple more sucky seasons to get that guy. We need a stud rookie QB that will be around 15-20 years. This is Peyton Manning II folks.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Watson should have beaten Luck. But never the less, Haskins is not the answer. I told you, trust in North, Kingy no listen to bad info's. Lol

Watson beat Luck? Lmfaoooooo

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    We need to wait for Trevor Lawrence. Not changing my mind either. I am ok with a couple more sucky seasons to get that guy. We need a stud rookie QB that will be around 15-20 years. This is Peyton Manning II folks.
    Speak for yourself. Super Bowl or bust every year for me. I don't want 7-9 or 8-8 ever, much less 1-15. No thanks.

And to your other point, Watson was without Fuller and DT, so it's really hard to get an offense going with all that coverage on Hopkins. It is what it is. Both Watson and Luck are franchise QBs. Texans might want to get some blockers for Watson though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I love Tua every bit as much as Lawrence. Fix the D this year. Develop the WRs. Give the farm for Tua in 2020.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I love Tua every bit as much as Lawrence. Fix the D this year. Develop the WRs. Give the farm for Tua in 2020.
    Lawrence>>>>>>>>Tua and it's not close.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lawrence is the real deal, no one is even in his league right now including the Herberts and Haskins.

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I thought Tua was the best QB in the country when he was a backup in 17. His garbage time passes were pinpoint accurate. Tua is a bad man. Obviously Lawrence is great. But doesn't mean Tua is a slouch. He'll go 1 overall next year if he comes out

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Lawrence is the real deal, no one is even in his league right now including the Herberts and Haskins.

At 19...he scares me. When his body fully develops I’ll shit my pants if he goes to the Chargers or raiders.

13. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I thought Tua was the best QB in the country when he was a backup in 17. His garbage time passes were pinpoint accurate. Tua is a bad man. Obviously Lawrence is great. But doesn't mean Tua is a slouch. He'll go 1 overall next year if he comes out
    Not saying Tua isn't good, but he isn't even close to Lawrence.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Not saying Tua isn't good, but he isn't even close to Lawrence.
    Gap is much closer than you want it to be. Tua was all the rave 12 months ago. Now it's Lawrence because of that game. Tua has been doing the same thing...with freshmen receivers. Tua and Lawrence should dominate the league for 10-15 years.

16. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Im still not totally sold on Tua but we shall see. I think he is more a product of the system in Bama (Much like Haskins from OSU) but time will tell.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

If Lawrence does turn out to be the real deal, what makes anyone think we’ll have a shot at him? Maybe if VJ was still the coach and Elway traded away all the talent. There’s no way we get #1 overall and that’s what it will take. Does anyone actually think the team with the #1 overall pick will give up Lawrence, or even Tua in 2020? That’s like thinking there was anything anyone could’ve done to get Luck. Indy was gonna draft him #1 overall and that was that. We will be a better team with Fangio than we ever were with VJ. It’s science.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    If Lawrence does turn out to be the real deal, what makes anyone think we’ll have a shot at him? Maybe if VJ was still the coach and Elway traded away all the talent. There’s no way we get #1 overall and that’s what it will take. Does anyone actually think the team with the #1 overall pick will give up Lawrence, or even Tua in 2020? That’s like thinking there was anything anyone could’ve done to get Luck. Indy was gonna draft him #1 overall and that was that.
    In my dream scenario we trade for somebody's 2021 1st round pick and that team absolutely tanks.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    If Lawrence does turn out to be the real deal, what makes anyone think we’ll have a shot at him? Maybe if VJ was still the coach and Elway traded away all the talent. There’s no way we get #1 overall and that’s what it will take. Does anyone actually think the team with the #1 overall pick will give up Lawrence, or even Tua in 2020? That’s like thinking there was anything anyone could’ve done to get Luck. Indy was gonna draft him #1 overall and that was that. We will be a better team with Fangio than we ever were with VJ. It’s science.
    Oh shut up dude....

We have Keenum, all is well for at least a couple of years. Lol

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information