Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Kubiak will NOT be the OC

Default Kubiak will NOT be the OC

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'm listening to this on Sports Talk radio right now.

One of the pet theories is that Elway and Kubiak couldn't see eye-to-eye on Denison.

Kubiak would have been Fangios top choice as OC. I think Elway wants an evolved version of Kubiak. Really excited to see how Elway solves this offensive philosophy riddle...I see this as great news with some tangible risk, and I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I really hope Kubiak remains involved and committed to the organization, that Elway and Kubs are still bros.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'm listening to this on Sports Talk radio right now.

One of the pet theories is that Elway and Kubiak couldn't see eye-to-eye on Denison.

Kubiak would have been Fangios top choice as OC. I think Elway wants an evolved version of Kubiak. Really excited to see how Elway solves this offensive philosophy riddle...I see this as great news with some tangible risk, and I like it.
    Seems like that was a big part of it:

9. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I really hope Kubiak remains involved and committed to the organization, that Elway and Kubs are still bros.
    I hope so too. If he had a hand in the draft last year, then he did a good job

Like, they just now started talking about this shit? What have they been doing for the last month?

12. The Following 10 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Sounds like Mike Munchack is coming to coach our o-line, but this sucks....Kubiak offense with a Munch line could have been a thing of beauty...

14. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis
    ‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    6m6 minutes ago

Between his 9 years as Elway's backup QB, 11 years as offensive coordinator (2 Super Bowls) and 2 years as head coach (SB50), Gary Kubiak's lofty place in Broncos history is secure. But NFL is a business where it rarely ends well. #9sports

Mike Klis
    9m9 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak was a great head coach for Broncos: Super Bowl champ and 21-11 record in two years. But Kubiak will not return as head coach because of health. He did struggle as offensive coordinator in his 2 years with Broncos. Still breakup is too bad. Good man/coach. #9sports

Mike Klis
    12m12 minutes ago

This downside to Gary Kubiak as OC: He has not had a top 10 offense since 2012. In 2015-16, Broncos averaged 19.2 ppg, 24th in NFL in that period. Broncos were bottom 10 in scoring, rushing, interceptions, turnovers, 3rd downs, red zone in those 2 yrs. #9sports

Mike Klis
    15m15 minutes ago

Welcome to Broncos Country, Vic Fangio, were the drama ceases. #9sports

Mike Klis
    16m16 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak did want to bring back offensive assistants Rick Dennison and Brian Pariani. But they were fired by Broncos just two years ago and team didn't want them back. That was second part of it. First part was differences in offensive concepts/schemes going forward. #9sports

Mike Klis
    20m20 minutes ago

Prior to Fangio hiring, Elway planned on Kubiak taking broader offensive role and team would have younger/college concept coach serve as coordinator, partly because of Kubiak's health concerns. Then team and Kubiak were talking coordinator role but it didn't work out. #9sports

Mike Klis
    24m24 minutes ago

Confirming Broncos and Gary Kubiak going separate ways. He will not be )-coordinator. Differences in philosophy and staffing. Also confirming Broncos hope to bring in Mike Munchak. I can report hope is Munchak as O-line coach, not O-coordinator. He does have family here. #9sports

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

16. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Sounds like Mike Munchack is coming to coach our o-line, but this sucks....Kubiak offense with a Munch line could have been a thing of beauty...
    I don't get this, I guess. Does doing a great job with good talent supercede doing a good job with poor talent? Do we then suddenly allow Kugler to talk with other teams after only one season? Strange

Adopted Bronco:

Nicki Jhabvala
    ‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala
    1m1 minute ago

As @RapSheet first reported, the Broncos have indeed notified the Steelers that they want to bring in Mike Munchak as their O-line coach. Munchak's contract expired so they don't need to request permission (the Steelers probably wouldn't have shot that down real quick).

Nicki Jhabvala
    6m6 minutes ago

The Broncos are compiling a list of candidates around the league for their offensive coordinator position. I"m told the hire will be completely Vic Fangio's call, for what it's worth.

Nicki Jhabvala
    21m21 minutes ago

So Kubiak will not be the Broncos' OC or a part of the offensive staff. He's still under contract as a senior personnel advisor, however.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Adam Schefter
    ‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
    40m40 minutes ago

Assistant shocker: Gary Kubiak will not be Denver’s offensive coordinator, league sources tell ESPN.

After lengthy discussions, Denver and Kubiak had different ideas on staffing and offensive philosophies. Both sides going in different directions.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

If Kubes wanted to bring back Dennison ( PUKE!!!! ) then I'm happy Elway said hell to the NO!

21. The Following 11 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Best news I’ve heard all day. Kinda felt something was up yesterday when Fangio pumped the breaks on the hiring of coordinators and assistants.

23. The Following 4 Users High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information