Page 36 of 74 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Vic Fangio

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I cant imagine Fangio or Bridgewater being back next year. The fanbase is getting restless and Elway knows it so unless Fangio wins 8-9 games this year and shows some kind of improvement it would be astronomically bad for Denver to retain either. At some point the FO is going to have to consider the feelings of their fanbase otherwise the stands will become empty regardless of there is no ownership currently.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    No they are not. Fangio most likely will NOT be back. Bridgewater 100% will not be back. I do not know every keeps thinking that. He is gone! he sucks.
    Exactly people keep talking about the money but teams fire coaches with years left on there deal all the time. The broncos like most teams aren’t going to allow a incompetent coach stick around and keep ruining there team just because he’s owed money smh

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    I'm not talking about who sucks, who doesn't.

I'm just pointing out something far more important - cash flow without ownership.

Fangio got $35M guaranteed, total of $65M over 4 years plus his staff so they'll have to be paid even if fired plus the new coach/staff will get more than the going rate 4 years ago.

We have the 2nd highest cap room in the league next offseason.

Major contracts up from Sutton, Patrick amongst others.

Who's going to pay for all of that?
    The salary cap has nothing to do with r coaching salaries

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Denver would just buy out the rest of Fangio's contract if it came down to money. Fox was fired after making the playoffs so i cant imagine that all of sudden Elway getting the case of the dumbass bug to retain a losing HC.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I'm not talking about who sucks, who doesn't.

I'm just pointing out something far more important - cash flow without ownership.

Fangio got $35M guaranteed, total of $65M over 4 years plus his staff so they'll have to be paid even if fired plus the new coach/staff will get more than the going rate 4 years ago.

We have the 2nd highest cap room in the league next offseason.

Major contracts up from Sutton, Patrick amongst others.

Who's going to pay for all of that?
    Coaches salaries don't count against the cap. And while I realize the Broncos aren't financially one of the healthiest franchises around, I think they can afford to pay a coaches salary ($5 million) for one more year if they fire him.

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Beat me to it.

Cap consideration is not what I was talking about.

Cash flow is.

Put it this way, paying a new coaching staff, the remainder of the salary of fired staff, signing bonuses of some key free agents, plus hitting the minimum in cap spend would be the one of the most expensive offseasons Denver has ever had. That's not even counting the money needed to bring in a vet QB if they go that way.

The earliest the ownership can be settled is March/April. Too late for a quality new coaching hire.

And why would a Bowlen invest money into that kind of cash when they're going to sell anyway??

9. The Following User High Fived Helios For This Post:

I don't see how things change in the offseason.

Fangio and his staff and Bridgewater are probably going to be back for '22.

1. We have a ton of cap space yet nothing is being done to extend some of the core players in the team (Sutton/Patrick).
    2. Most of our high end contracts are not long term, Von's contract was the highest paid and we got rid of him.
    3. Fangio still has a huge amount of money owed to him (he signed a 4 year $65M deal) and I don't see the Broncos as being cash rich with true ownership. So we'll have to pay Fangio and his staff plus a new staff next year if he's fired.
    4. Piss poor QB class with even worse free agent options means we probably aren't looking at an immediate upgrade at QB.
    5. We have no owner and the team is likely to be sold.

I just don't see how this team is going to commit to a 4/5 year coaching hire - along with with staff.
    Very possible. With no ownership change it is all too likely they go with status quo. Even though the status quo sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzafiato View Post
    Very possible. With no ownership change it is all too likely they go with status quo. Even though the status quo sucks.
    Yeah, I'm not saying it's the right thing to do or that it'll be anything but a sh*tshow but the more I think about it, the more I see the Broncos being fiscally very conservative in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Denver would just buy out the rest of Fangio's contract if it came down to money. Fox was fired after making the playoffs so i cant imagine that all of sudden Elway getting the case of the dumbass bug to retain a losing HC.
    Maybe, but Elway won't be around. His contract is up in April - I doubt he's going to get much say in who stays/who gets fired.

Patton is under contract for 6 years - it's going to be Patton's call and we already know what he thinks of Fangio and Bridgewater.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Helios's point.

Joe and JH's heads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Helios's point.

Joe and JH's heads.
    Say what?

I think he meant "over" their heads.

It's all good. My mind doesn't really want to come to terms with the possible reality of Fangio/Bridgewater '22 either.

16. The Following User High Fived Helios For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Good read.

Fangio's Pride is the Only Thing Preventing Drew Lock's Return to the Starting Lineup

The Denver Broncos sit at 5-5 at the Week 11 bye and still have every chance to turn the ship around and vie for a playoff spot down the stretch. However, if this team continues to do what it's always done, it'll continue to get what it's always gotten — with Bridgewater, with special teams coordinator Tom McMahon, with... well, you catch my drift.

Let's not pretend that head coach Vic Fangio is without potential solutions to the problems currently vexing the Broncos. At the quarterback position, particularly, Drew Lock waits in the wings and could be exactly the spark this team needs to win 4-to-5 of its remaining seven games, five of which are AFC West battles.

It's not as if empirical data is lacking on the subject. In his first year as head coach, Fangio sat on the decision to play lock for more than a quarter of the season, stubbornly holding to his 'plan A', which was Joe Flacco.

Even though Lock had healed up from his sprained thumb by about Week 5, Fangio clung to Flacco as the Broncos' season was torpedoed. Even after Flacco was placed on injured reserve (with sudden, mysterious neck injury) — a roster move that came only after the veteran signal-caller called out the coaching staff following an ugly road loss to the Indianapolis Colts — Fangio kept Lock on ice, rolling with a completely unproven stop-gap QB in Brandon Allen from Week 9 through Week 12.
    https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...c-fangio-pride

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Good read.

Fangio's Pride is the Only Thing Preventing Drew Lock's Return to the Starting Lineup

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...c-fangio-pride
    Some great points. Playing not to lose is the Fangio D in a nutshell. And maybe it's even a solid defensive philosophy. But it's no way to run an organization.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information