Page 22 of 74 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Vic Fangio

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Whose fault is it?

I love the kid.

Ok, went back and watched it several times in super slo mo.

Haha slo MO.

Lock was doing everything right it seems. Watt is a beast, Lock was impressive to escape that sack. The QB should always escape sacks imo, if he's an 'elusive' QB.

Never regained his legs after Watt clubbed him/restrained him at the thigh, there was no turf monster imo.

Bad luck that #48 broke in on a stunt and was there to tackle with full body weight and drive him into the turf. If anything, NFL might look at another QB-protecting rule to penalize that kind of 'tackle with intent to inflict grave bodily harm', but at some point football has to stay football, plus he's out of the pocket.

So idk. Not Lock's fault I guess. Looking forward to Lock's return, hope none of the connective tissue damage is permanent.

Agreed about Lock, not his fault and people turning on him already are dumb, but as jaded said its not that surprising around here.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Broken record time...

I know it's now possible in every situation, but Lock really needs to learn how to get tackled, and how to fall. Falling with your throwing arm extended isn't really the way to go. Wrap up the ball and land on your back or with your arms tight to the side or stomach.
    Well, I didn't hear it the first time and it's a pretty groovy beat!

Maybe new strength and conditioning coach can introduce preventative program that teaches how to fall (esp with 250+ lbs of menace helping you not so gently to the ground). Did a lot of this in martial arts long ago and it helped me in random ways, just knowing how my body related to gravity and the ground. I remember thinking 'this should be mandatory for elite athletes' because it's fundamental stuff with core and balance but doesn't get directly addressed in sport-specific training.

Just spitballing. I really like your point. I was dancing around it in my head. To a groovy beat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I'm not turning on him. I love him. But to say he doesn't need to play better is ridiculous.

And he should have stayed down on that play
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Lock tried to do too much on that play. It happens from time to time. He'll learn from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

6. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Broken record time...

I know it's now possible in every situation, but Lock really needs to learn how to get tackled, and how to fall. Falling with your throwing arm extended isn't really the way to go. Wrap up the ball and land on your back or with your arms tight to the side or stomach.
    Agreed, but, he wasn’t NOT falling right, he was trying not to fall at all on that play.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Agreed, but, he wasn’t NOT falling right, he was trying not to fall at all on that play.
    It was pretty bang bang. Look at us trying to parse it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

9. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Sorry people, but Fangio just outcoached the “Greatest of All Time”.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

“I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

4th and 10 and my dude sent the kitchen sink.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

4th and 10 and my dude sent the kitchen sink.
    I like it, I think he is starting to learn to adjust to the players he has instead of relying on his so called scheme.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The defensive game plan was probably the best of the season, no questions asked. The offensive playcalling the last 5 minutes was just a straight up abomination though. Why are we throwing the ball down the field when we're up 2 scores and the Pats aren't moving the ball at all? The only way we lose at that point is turnovers, and chucking it down the field is the best way to turn it over. Just hand it to Lindsay 3 times and punt and make them drive the field, which they haven't done all game. And if you do want to mix in a throw, do some safe dump out to the running back or something. I just don't know that our coordinator was thinking.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The defensive game plan was probably the best of the season, no questions asked. The offensive playcalling the last 5 minutes was just a straight up abomination though. Why are we throwing the ball down the field when we're up 2 scores and the Pats aren't moving the ball at all? The only way we lose at that point is turnovers, and chucking it down the field is the best way to turn it over. Just hand it to Lindsay 3 times and punt and make them drive the field, which they haven't done all game. And if you do want to mix in a throw, do some safe dump out to the running back or something. I just don't know that our coordinator was thinking.
    Vic must of been telling Shumar to be aggressive and go for the throat, but it didn't make any sense. Manage the game and don't do anything stupid and you walk away with easy victory on the road. If they wanted to go for it, at least have a PA roll out going to allow Lock to run for a little to keep the clock going.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    Vic must of been telling Shumar to be aggressive and go for the throat, but it didn't make any sense. Manage the game and don't do anything stupid and you walk away with easy victory on the road. If they wanted to go for it, at least have a PA roll out going to allow Lock to run for a little to keep the clock going.
    Yeah there's aggression and stupidity, and that playcalling at the end of the game was just stupidity.

20. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I don’t mind throwing the football in late game situations. What I do mind is going run, run, third down pass on every possession of the second half, and then completely changing that philosophy on the last drive. Why suddenly change the philosophy?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don’t mind throwing the football in late game situations. What I do mind is going run, run, third down pass on every possession of the second half, and then completely changing that philosophy on the last drive. Why suddenly change the philosophy?
    Because they thought they were being crafty.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information