Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Vic Fangio

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

5-6 seems reasonable. Trouble justifying anything more imo. But it's hard to say for sure. The fact that he always starts and never calls in sick is probably worth more if we are analytical about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    3 mil a year? North of that? That's a crime if they let him walk for 3-4 mil a year.
    Three years 27 million.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Three years 27 million.
    Wow. If you had a 22 person roster, that's 208 mil a year. What's the cap at these days?
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

It was 188 million this year.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

It was 188 million this year.
    What do you think about that rate. I think 3/24 I could stomach, but no higher. But maybe that's wrong. Maybe I should have been an NFL actuary.

7. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    What do you think about that rate. I think 3/24 I could stomach, but no higher. But maybe that's wrong. Maybe I should have been an NFL actuary.
    I think when you have a long history of offensive line issues and you have a certifiable elite player you should keep him. I think it's especially true when you keep rolling over money year after year. I think his contract is reasonable, and if he was somehow available again this offseason other teams would try to snatch him up. I think this is one of Elway's most overlooked failings as a GM because we have little OL depth. I also think it's funny that we'll make a big move for an injury prone RT while scoffing at Paradis for his ailments.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I love PFF - analytics are for smart people. I suppose I've not given Reed his due. I yield that point to the well sourced argument.

However, that's two players. I don't know man, I hope you're right. I hope Fangio is the man. I've not seen too much to indicate it.
    This is the problem when you win one game and its against the Browns. I think i will wait after seeing how we do against the next 5 teams before making a decision on whether or not Fangio can develop talent.

11. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Reed is a stiff.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 11-08-2019 at 11:03 AM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Reed is a stiff.
    Okay. So he's a stiff playing decently.

I'd say that's an even greater credit to the coaching staff working with him.

14. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    Too soon?
    At least 1 year too soon. Hopefully at least 2 years.

We can't keep having a revolving carousel in the coaching staff. That is just not how winning teams keep winning.

Admittedly Vance Joseph was way in over his head, but Fangio clearly isn't. Despite some derpy coaching decisions like the decision to go for 2 up 6 against the Chefs, Fangio has made basically sound personnel decisions, and his defense is currently a top 10 defense in the NFL (currently ranked 8th in ppg at 18.9).

The offense is putrid, but that's because the Broncos haven't got a franchise QB and no offensive weapons that anybody fears outside of Courtland Sutton. Their TEs as a group have been miserable and invisible outside of the one Noah Fant TD run.

I don't think you can blame Fangio for Elway's horrible personnel decisions -- like all the QBs he's selected, or giving 1 billion $ to RT Juwann James and Mr. Invisible Bryce Callahan or the decision to draft Bolles, or Paxton Lynch or a bunch o' other stiffs in the first and second rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    This is the problem when you win one game and its against the Browns. I think i will wait after seeing how we do against the next 5 teams before making a decision on whether or not Fangio can develop talent.
    But, is there really all that much talent? Basically Fangio is taking cast-off and backup players and little regarded FAs like LB Malik Reed, NT Mike Purcell, DE Shelby Harris, and ILB Alexander Johnson and turning the defense into a tough hard nosed group.

If Denver's offense was a good as this defense, they would be leading the division, but you need a QB for that. And Fangio can't manufacture one out of thin air!

17. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...-breakout-game

Something else to chew on re: Scangerello.

19. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

I don’t disagree with the coaching staff, I disagree with Reed being a talent that is developing and producing. That might still happen, he’s bound to get to the QB with all the snaps he’s getting, but he’s producing nothing so far and is far from talented. He’s a “coaches favorite”.

Hollins should be starting in his place.

OLB should be high on the list of priorities in 2020.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...-breakout-game

Something else to chew on re: Scangerello.
    That’s a pretty rosy picture of him. He clearly found a hole in the defensive scheme with the offset I, jet motion, so that’s great. I remain pretty unimpressed in the whole picture, though.

P.S. Still not young.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

22. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

That's a stronger argument, assuming he is a stiff.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information