Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Vic Fangio

According to Troy Renk on 104.3 the Fan it was a basic disagreement with Elway who wanted to integrate IPO stuff like other teams like the Chiefs have, with the offensive concept, and Kubiak who resisted and wanted to run his old offense.

They couldn't agree, because Kubiak and Elway were talking and "Elway wasn't getting the answers he expected to hear" about changes he wanted made to the offense.

"We now are going to get a new offense in Denver." -- Alfred Williams.

2. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Kubes is a bit of a diva.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    The Cardinals have a potential franchise QB in Rosen. He sucked in his rookie year. That means nothing. Elway sucked in his rookie year. They just brought in a new coach specifically to coach that kid up. Whether it will work I don't know, but they are definitely going to give it a try. Rosen might well turn out to be good like other spread system QBs are once they stop trying to get them to be like Peyton Manning when all they know is RPO.

The Broncos don't even have a PROSPECT QB on the roster. So, it's down to the draft.

But:

1. It's the worst QB draft class in over 10 years. Just listen to all the draft talk about what the experts are saying: bad QB draft. Unlike last year when everybody knew that 4 QBs would be taken in the top 10 - and they were.

2. How are they going to get a QB in the draft? Are they going to overdraft someone who turns out to be like Jake Locker or Blaine Gabbert. Teams desperately overdrafted those stiffs because they needed a QB and those were the only ones available.

They are going to have to wait until 2020 to get their franchise QB. Too bad, but that's where it is. Unless they get wildly lucky and somebody gets overlooked like Russell Wilson did and falls to the 2nd round or third round.
    Is Rosen their franchise QB? Kingsbury said he would take Murray as the #1 if he could. Arizona has the #1 pick and Murray is coming. That would make the Cardinals much more threatening than the team as it exists with or without Rosen, IMO. Of course, that is an easy summation, given the fact that they hold the #1 pick because they are the worst team in the NFL, currently. Otherwise, I was speaking to the management of the team as a whole. Management that fired the HC after one year (coaching a shit show that was handed to him) and hired some dude that failed as a college HC. Kingsbury met McVay once. Yay! Let's hand over the keys to the castle to the guy that met McVay and thinks that makes them friends!

Sorry for the snark. I'm just not anticipating enormous success in Arizona anytime soon and despite our own ownership/ management crap show, I do believe that the Broncos are better off than the Cards. Maybe Kingsbury is the shot in the dark but he is a gamble by a team in the dump. A team that is the new Browns, maybe? That's what I meant. The Broncos need another few years of being losers, an Elway firing, and a full on donkey party with the Bowlen kids to bring us to that level, IMO.

As to 1) Dwayne Haskins is a 70% passer, with 54 TDs to 9 INT rate. What???? That's crazy shit! Kyler Murray is a sure top 10. The rest I agree with you on, other than to make note that previous QB classes have been blown off but still produced winners. Last year's class is still definitely TBD, outside of Mayfield. So many mid to late round QB that found success. How many teams passed up Mahomes? So, what are we left with? Decision making by Elway and our new HC. Not saying that is the end of the argument. Just saying that is the argument. Not the media's assessment of this year's QB draft stock. The Colts gave away Elway because they were fools. Elway drafted Lynch because he was a fool. You and I have small clue as to whether the Broncos will find their franchise QB in this or next year's draft. We only agree that it has to happen in the draft.

As to 2) Fromm, anyone? Tua? Lawrence coming out early? I'm salivating at those prospects but who knows what they will do between now and then. Tua has been a 'champ' against losers but has been a loser against winners. Ala, the Clemson reality check. Personally, I'm down with the opinion that the Broncos should either sell the farm for Haskins/ Murray, or draft a qb in round 2 -4 this year and then sell out for a QB in 2020 and let the best man win. We'll see though.

I'm just saying that the Denver Broncos and our emotions as fans will live or die on Elway's development as a human being in 2019, as it has died on his subservience to his own ego and position in Denver for the last few years. I share your skepticism and assessment of the team and it's holes. I have seen that some holes can be covered and some holes are the same crap that the entire league is dealing with though. The difference between those that succeed in obfuscation and overcoming those failings and those that fail to do so...is coaching and management. Not saying that our problems are solved by the hiring of Fangio. Just disagreeing with you on the things we should be looking at regarding our potential failure or success in the coming years. Elway dumping Kubiak is a fantastic sign that he is unafraid to move forward into the unknown offensively. Good or bad, that tells me we won't die of boredom this year. IMO, he's hired as sure a thing that can exist for defensive success as a HC. That gives him room to take chances and play with the offense, which is the larger unknown in 2019. Could be good or really ugly but I'll rest easier knowing that the glass ceiling has been cracked and The Godfather (Fangio) will be a balancing factor to Elway living solely within his tiny bubble.

If that relationship fails, the Broncos fail...and you will be proven correct. If it succeeds, you will be proven wrong and the team we have will be better next year, before we even account for FAs, draft picks, and assistants IMO. We'll see though, right?
    Last edited by Ground Control; 01-11-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I think he’s a ***** - hasn’t had a top offense in forever, won’t change or update his scheme, and wants his old crappy coaches back.

Hit the road you overrated OC who didn’t even call his plays here, and who won a SB on the back of a defense and roster he had little to do with.

Drink up boys and girls! It’s a good day.
    Agreed! Hence the 'sacred' cow being slaughtered. If Kubes isn't sacred anymore, then nothing 'established' in the organization is sacred anymore. Including Elway, since he is clearly seeing how tenuous his position is and is acting accordingly. Drink up, indeed!

6. The Following User High Fived Ground Control For This Post:

Wtf is IPO?

8. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Wtf is IPO?
    initial public offering, i believe. . . guess elway's gonna sell some stock in the donkeys so we can afford a better quarterback. . .

10. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Sorry my man but the fact that they beat the Steelers, almost beat the Chiefs twice, almost beat the Rams, beat the Chargers. All those teams are serious contenders for the Super Bowl other than the Steelers. I think given how terrible Vance was at situational football that I would say the roster isn't as bereft of talent as you would like us to believe.
    steve gets it. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Sorry my man but the fact that they beat the Steelers, almost beat the Chiefs twice, almost beat the Rams, beat the Chargers. All those teams are serious contenders for the Super Bowl other than the Steelers. I think given how terrible Vance was at situational football that I would say the roster isn't as bereft of talent as you would like us to believe.
    It’s the NFL. Every team in the league is a player short or a coach short of a playoff berth. Margins are slim as shit. This year’s team was the Bears. Happens every year. Just find the magic.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

And just so we are clear. Rosen came from a pro set under Mora where they ran lttle to no rpo.

Wtf is rpo?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Wtf is rpo?
    Run Pass Option offense/plays.

You know, plays that the media make out like it didnt exist 20 years ago.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Wtf is rpo?
    Rinitial Public Offering
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Run Pass Option offense/plays.

You know, plays that the media make out like it didnt exist 20 years ago.
    To guys like Kubiak they didn't. Bootlegs baby. That's all the innovation you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    initial public offering, i believe. . . guess elway's gonna sell some stock in the donkeys so we can afford a better quarterback. . .
    But, that presumes that the Broncos would have an over the counter market issue, rather than a private placement, which they would really do for legal reasons too boring to explain.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Forgive the thread intrusion - was going to start a new one but forgot how - but does anyone’s else but me get a Manic like happiness wave at any thought of hilis bangin’ mcdickbag’s wife?

Carry on...

23. The Following User High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information