Page 23 of 74 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Vic Fangio

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    Because they thought they were being crafty.
    Narrator: They weren’t.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Narrator: They weren’t.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

It was too soon then, it’s not too soon now after this debacle of a supposedly open quarterback competition that was never open to begin with because Fangio knows he’s fired this season and would rather go down with the below average veteran.

This guy just isn’t a HC, he’s a DC, he’s never checking out the offense live, he calls timeouts for opponents, how can you be a HC and everyday in practice your glued to one side of the ball?

However once he’s fired I hope he sticks around as the DC

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Oh my.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Kubiak's not ever going to get that treatment. He's our Sacred Cow.
    Every franchise must have an overrated coach that is overly loved and given credit for the work of others.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    I think he’s a ***** - hasn’t had a top offense in forever, won’t change or update his scheme, and wants his old crappy coaches back.

Hit the road you overrated OC who didn’t even call his plays here, and who won a SB on the back of a defense and roster he had little to do with.

Drink up boys and girls! It’s a good day.
    This guy, he gets it.

8. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Fair enough.
    I won't make you call me daddy, but only because I'm a good Christian man.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Vic wont make it past this season, his only hope is to make DL the starter and Drew to style. Nothing else will save his job. We wont go very far under Teddy.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by JeudyLocksMom View Post
    It was too soon then, it’s not too soon now after this debacle of a supposedly open quarterback competition that was never open to begin with because Fangio knows he’s fired this season and would rather go down with the below average veteran.

This guy just isn’t a HC, he’s a DC, he’s never checking out the offense live, he calls timeouts for opponents, how can you be a HC and everyday in practice your glued to one side of the ball?

However once he’s fired I hope he sticks around as the DC
    While I enjoy your DL fanboyism, I have been banging the drum for firing Vic for awhile. He is not a HC. The last two seasons he coached us into multiple losses. You can't win a championship with a HC like Vic. It never happens.

He won't stick around, but the bulk of the Defense is young and a bright staff could do wonders. In todays NFL though I think it is of the utmost importance that you have a good offensive minded HC. That's the only way to maintain success.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    While I enjoy your DL fanboyism, I have been banging the drum for firing Vic for awhile. He is not a HC. The last two seasons he coached us into multiple losses. You can't win a championship with a HC like Vic. It never happens.

He won't stick around, but the bulk of the Defense is young and a bright staff could do wonders. In todays NFL though I think it is of the utmost importance that you have a good offensive minded HC. That's the only way to maintain success
    My dude!

15. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

He won't stick around, but the bulk of the Defense is young and a bright staff could do wonders. In todays NFL though I think it is of the utmost importance that you have a good offensive minded HC. That's the only way to maintain success.
    The irony in all this is the same people who love to tickle Lock's balls are the same ones who wanted to keep Fangio around.

17. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Absolutely. Shoulda fired his ass at the end of last season. But it was a covid injury riddled year and elway felt sorry for poor Vic

19. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

I like famgio. Want him to stay.

We don't need another oc or hc or anything g else. All this team needs is a qb. Thats it. Nothing else. A qb will literally solve ALL of the problems this team faces. Spencer rattler or whatever. He may be okay.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Absolutely. Shoulda fired his ass at the end of last season. But it was a covid injury riddled year and elway felt sorry for poor Vic
    It is this mindset the organization has that continues to delay the inevitable. It was clear after 1 season Vance Joseph should have been fired. Bringing him back was just wasting another season. We are doing the same thing now with Vic. When you see as an organization you have hitched to the wrong wagon you have to rip that band-aid off and limit the damage.

Though I think a TBW Broncos win 9-10 games which likely saves Vic's job. There is no owner demanding results which allows this type of thing to continue. It's about limiting the money wasted paying multiple coaches, not results. Also about hiring the wrong people but that's another issue.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

It is this mindset the organization has that continues to delay the inevitable. It was clear after 1 season Vance Joseph should have been fired. Bringing him back was just wasting another season. We are doing the same thing now with Vic. When you see as an organization you have hitched to the wrong wagon you have to rip that band-aid off and limit the damage.

Though I think a TBW Broncos win 9-10 games which likely saves Vic's job. There is no owner demanding results which allows this type of thing to continue. It's about limiting the money wasted paying multiple coaches, not results. Also about hiring the wrong people but that's another issue.
    I have always felt that changing coaching systems to rapidly set back a franchise. The better the stability in the systems and coaching philosophy, the easier it is to find the right players to fit the system. Under the Shanahan WCO system we knew what kinda linemen and running backs we need to be successful and we able to find those players later in the draft. I think moving from the Shanahan base close formation WCO system to Shumar 3 wide receiver base WCO, put this team back two years.

If they move off Fangio they are going to need to retain his system to keep the defense performing at high level.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information