Page 18 of 74 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Vic Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Thus far he's been one of the best LT's in the league.

Also, with Bolles' reputation for holding, I doubt he gets the same leeway that other LT's are getting.

Garret Bolles could have turned into Jonathan Ogden and you people STILL would say he sucks.

It's right there in front of you. He's playing well. It's happening. SIR!
    He's not getting called as much, but his guys are still beating him -- which is rather the point. Wilkinson is worse, true, but Wilkinson was supposed to be the rotation backup. He's not a starter, let alone a 1st rounder.

2. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

I don't think Fangio is getting fired at season's end. But, he probably will be after next season.

Truth be told, he's just not remotely a good head coach. That failure to call time-out fiasco alone was inexcusable. He's a really good DC. He should go back to being that.

It appears that NFL teams knew what they were doing when they refused to make him a head coach. He's like Wade Phillips. Can create a good D, but fails when you promote him.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CFcOKEI..._web_copy_link

Stinky breaks down what went wrong when Lock gets hurt. Yes Bolles ****** up
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post

We all thought that the franchise was cursed by not having a QB - as it turns out we're going to suck until we get a franchise OT.

This is like Bad Tackle Play 101 - how to get your young QB murdered in under 10 seconds.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Granted, when i recorded the game i only watched like the first quarter and a half. But from what i saw i was not that impressed with the Oline despite Pitt having a great Dline. I wasnt even that impressed when watching our Oline against the Titans either. While there are problems kind of all over the place the Oline still seems to be a huge problem for us. When Lock was in he was still running for his life and even though Driskall seemed brave enough to throw from the pocket he was paying the price with some big hits almost every single time. I havent had a chance to really watch any of the other teams (say the Raiders for instance) to really gauge how their Oline's are playing but i cant imagine its quite as bad as ours. I know this will trigger a bunch of babies to criticize the Oline but the reality is we still have some glaring issues there that isnt going to be fixed by a quick release QB.

As to Lock's injury though from what i noticed (despite having to run for his life again) he actually stumbled and when he did that is when he was tackled and fell on his shoulder/arm in an awkward position. So its kind of a freak play but then it kind of wasnt because again he was running due to pressure. Strange thing is it had looked at that point that our run game was actually going pretty well so you would have though that might relieve some of the pressure up front but alas they were still able to get considerable pressure and basically out maneuver our Oline. This is why i think its going to be more than one year to fix because the Oline still has a lot of work that needs to be done to be consistent especially at pass blocking. I think people are deluding themselves that this is a very good Oline.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The key there is never Bolles. Stink knows his audience, though.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Oh man, I hope Cugel doesn't see this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I was going to respond with the same post (thinking it was primarily Wilkinson's fault) and then I watched the video. It's kind of Bolles fault too, actually.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I was going to respond with the same post (thinking it was primarily Wilkinson's fault) and then I watched the video. It's kind of Bolles fault too, actually.
    Everything went wrong on that play. A minor footwork problem on the backside of a stunt by the left tackle was minuscule to the quarterback and the center misidentifying which side to help on, Wilkinson just getting blown by and Risner not identifying anything. I get it that Bolles is not what we hoped him to be, but like four things have to go wrong before we can blame Bolles for anything on that play, yet that’s right where everyone goes.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Stink is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Everything went wrong on that play. A minor footwork problem on the backside of a stunt by the left tackle was minuscule to the quarterback and the center misidentifying which side to help on, Wilkinson just getting blown by and Risner not identifying anything. I get it that Bolles is not what we hoped him to be, but like four things have to go wrong before we can blame Bolles for anything on that play, yet that’s right where everyone goes.
    His "minor footwork problem" caused him to be out of position, get picked, and miss the second part of his assignment completely. He wasn't solely to blame on that play - but it's pretty representative of how his shoddy play contributes to a mediocre offense regularly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Nobody has been more consistently wrong about Bolles than me and I'm here to apologize for being egregiously wrong.
    Fair enough.

Fair enough.
    So on a play where a center and a guard botch it, and a QB extends a play, the fact that the LT was imperfect is what it hinges on? And the fact that it happened against the Steelers means nothing?

Come on, Buff. You said you trust PFF to an extent. Well they're saying Bolles is playing pretty well. The eye test on Bolles, from anyone who isn't frothing at the mouth to bash him, says he's playing pretty well. The fact that he played well against the Titans line and Clowney says he's playing pretty well.

I care about how he's playing now. And he's played fine this year. He played fine last season when Lock got in.

You can say 'well the league isn't calling holding penalties' and I'll say 'well his reputation is such that he's not going to get a benefit of the doubt'. You can say well he's getting chip help. I'll say most LT's do, even the really, really good ones. You can point to his poor play in the past, and I'll point to how some of his sacks came because of our QB caliber.

I guess Bolles is the worst ever because he was partially beaten on a stunt via an elite defense, regardless of the right tackle, the center, and the left guard all botching it, while the QB tried to extend a play? And if that's the case, let's presume it is: the fact that the guy who was least culpable in the play gets the bulk of the blame speaks to the collective Zeitgeist of the board and scapegoating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

The other thing that showed was the play was well designed to get Hamler a TD. If the O Line had executed then it was great play call.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

At first even I was saying there’s no way that’s on Bolles ... but I’m gonna go with a little bit of Bolles after listening to Stink.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information