Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Vic Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    You can win a SB with Flacco, y’all are biased because he can’t make one read and tuck it.
    Nobody has won Jack Shit with Joe Flacco since 2012. He got a huge contract in 2013 after the SB, and threw more picks than TDs. He's been basically mediocre or worse ever since.

Now he shows what happens to an immobile pocket passing QB when he has to play behind Denver's OL. He gets hurt.

Everybody sensible pointed out that if Garrett Bolles ISN'T "magically fixed" by Mike Munchak, IF Juwann James does NOT manage to stay healthy for the first time in years, IF Ron Leary can't manage to stay healthy for the first time since he was in Dallas, IF Jake Butt does NOT manage to stay healthy and play a significant role in his second season;

IF these things which Denver was hoping for and counting on do NOT happen, then Joe Flacco won't last 8 games.

And he didn't last 8 games.

That's where they are. You can't win diddly squat with Joe Flacco, not even 8 games if you don't have a really good OL to protect him. Because he's not going to protect himself. He can't move. He's a stiff. He holds the ball too long and takes hits. He gets hurt. And as he gets older he's not going to become more healthy. He might never play again -- neck surgery is no joke.

In any case he's played his last down for the Denver Broncos unless John Elway is just totally insane -- which is about a 50% chance these days, so he might just try and sell the fans a line of total B.S. about how he "still believes in Joe" and is confident that with a better OL and with a second year in the system we'll compete yada yada blah, blah, blah.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Nobody has won Jack Shit with Joe Flacco since 2012. He got a huge contract in 2013 after the SB, and threw more picks than TDs. He's been basically mediocre or worse ever since.

Now he shows what happens to an immobile pocket passing QB when he has to play behind Denver's OL. He gets hurt.

Everybody sensible pointed out that if Garrett Bolles ISN'T "magically fixed" by Mike Munchak, IF Juwann James does NOT manage to stay healthy for the first time in years, IF Ron Leary can't manage to stay healthy for the first time since he was in Dallas, IF Jake Butt does NOT manage to stay healthy and play a significant role in his second season;

IF these things which Denver was hoping for and counting on do NOT happen, then Joe Flacco won't last 8 games.

And he didn't last 8 games.

That's where they are. You can't win diddly squat with Joe Flacco, not even 8 games if you don't have a really good OL to protect him. Because he's not going to protect himself. He can't move. He's a stiff. He holds the ball too long and takes hits. He gets hurt. And as he gets older he's not going to become more healthy. He might never play again -- neck surgery is no joke.

In any case he's played his last down for the Denver Broncos unless John Elway is just totally insane -- which is about a 50% chance these days, so he might just try and sell the fans a line of total B.S. about how he "still believes in Joe" and is confident that with a better OL and with a second year in the system we'll compete yada yada blah, blah, blah.
    Yeah, can’t run ... derp ... burp ... fart ...

I didn’t say this team, as presently constituted, could win jackshit with Flacco, you’re arguing with yourself.

Btw, he didn’t have neck surgery.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 11-10-2019 at 10:40 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Yeah, can’t run ... derp ... burp ... fart ...

I didn’t say this team, as presently constituted, could win jackshit with Flacco, you’re arguing with yourself.

Btw, he didn’t have neck surgery.
    Well, unless the Cowboys decide to gift the Broncos their entire OL, the Broncos are stuck for the foreseeable future with a crappy OL. It's not going to magically get better suddenly next year either.

They're going to have to draft a LT and a RT and teach them how to play in the NFL. That's going to take a while, even if Elway manages to pick the right players which he hasn't in the past -- preferring instead to patch holes with high priced FAs who inevitably suck or are injured -- which is why their teams allowed them to hit FA in the first place, unreliability. And when they have gone to the draft their draft picks simply sucked:

Juwann James, Russell Okung, Menlik Watson, Donald Stephenson, Ty Sambrailo, Garrett Bolles, Ron Leary, etc., etc.

Having some mobility will be key going forward because the Broncos OL is going to suck next year too. Most of the OLs in the NFL aren't great because college isn't turning out pro ready OL like they used to. Just like with QBs the spread college game sucks for developing NFL OL.

Denver acknowledges the problem by signing Mike Munchak and bringing in assistant coach Chris Kuper. It hasn't been enough because you can't turn a sow's ear into a silk purse.
    Last edited by Cugel; 11-11-2019 at 02:30 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Cugel....do you believe in Drew Lock?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Cugel....do you believe in Drew Lock?
    I believe he has a much better chance than Brandon Allen -- long term.

And I believe that there's ZERO point in trying to "win now" in when a season is irretrievably lost right from the start. You started 0-4 Elway. Your team sucks. There's nothing to accomplish this season except find out what you have in Drew Lock.

I just heard 15 minutes ago longtime Broncos beat reporter Troy Renck point out that the reason the team has not been practicing and getting Drew Lock ready is that "Elway is just not willing to admit they are out of it yet." This is on a 3-6 team. They are still intent on playing the guy who gives them the best chance to "win now."

And that is never going to be Drew Lock unless he gets considerably more experience. So, when is he going to get it if Elway keeps insisting on "win now?"

I got news for you guys. Under that scenario Drew Lock is NEVER going to be given the starting job.

That's what angers and frustrates me. Losing would be acceptable if Elway just admitted "OK, I screwed up. We suck because I drafted a bunch of stiffs and now we're just going to have to eat it like Miami, accumulate draft picks and find out what we have in Drew Lock this season." He doesn't have to admit this publicly, just DO IT.

Quit trying to win meaningless games and put the rookie in. So "he's not ready." So, what? Victory or defeat this year simply does not matter. All winning now does is screw up your draft picks! Simple math would tell you that by this point.

Right now the Broncos have the #12 seed out of 16 teams in the AFC. There are only 6 playoff berths.
    Last edited by Cugel; 11-13-2019 at 10:31 AM.

6. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I guess I’m just a hopeless romantic who believes a little more effort and premium draft picks can turn the OL into a strength ... I mean, of course I know I’m right but it is pretty romantic shit.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Why can't Elway just admit "we aren't going to make the playoffs anyway, so let's do the thing that will give us the best chance to win for the long term future?"

"Let's start Drew Lock right now, who cares if he's terrible, we'll work with him and over the remaining 7 games we'll see if he improves. We might lose them all but so what? Finishing 3-13 would give us a top 5 pick.

If we get a top 5 pick we either take one of the top QBs -- Tua, Fromm, Herbert, Joe Burrow, or we draft a LT and stick with Lock. Either way we strengthen the OL further in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. What we do depends on what we see from Lock the rest of the way."

The overwhelming majority of Broncos fans would be very happy with doing just that!

But not Elway! He's gotta "win now".

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

The problem is Denver thinks like an 8-8 team, when they needed a LT they got one ... ONE. When they needed a RT they got one ... ONE. When they needed a G they got one ... ONE.

The only time this lazy ******* effort didn’t screw them was when drafted the one G, Risner, now imagine what a shitshow this OL would be if Risner didn’t work out.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Here’s how ya do it.

LT; draft Thomas, sign Cordy Glenn and draft Hakeem Adeniji later rounds.

Or

RG; Draft Wirfs, sign Glenn/Osemele and draft Jedrick Wills in the 3rd.

Thomas and Wirfs can/should play right away.
    Glenn and Osemele can play multiple positions, Glenn can play 4.
    Adeniji has starter traits to develop as a backup.
    Jedrick Wills can play right away too but might last to the 3rd, he/Wirfs/Osemele are Ju’Waun James Insurance (three players that can start at 2 positions).

Nowhere in there do you see a Sam Jones, Elijah Wilkinson, Jake Rodgers, Austin Schlottmen or Calvin Anderson. Wilkinson is the ideal 9th offensive lineman, tons of playing experience but someone you can sign to a series of 1-year-deals because nobody is beating down his door to make him a starter. The rest are scrubs, nobody’s answer to anything.

The Broncos need to stop smelling their own rank bullshit, if Jake Rodgers is the best you can do then you suck.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Cordy Glenn is awful and a malcontent. No, you don't sign him. Christ Almighty no. Do you know how hard it is to make Cincinnati fans hate you? They hate him. They ******* hate him.

They should be so 'lucky' to have a Bolles.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Cordy Glenn is awful and a malcontent. No, you don't sign him. Christ Almighty no. Do you know how hard it is to make Cincinnati fans hate you? They hate him. They ******* hate him.

They should be so 'lucky' to have a Bolles.
    Bengals fans make poor decisions.

Cordy Glenn can play LT, LG, RG, RT, you wanna judge him by his time in THAT organization you go right ahead. Osemele is the same thing, a beast who got sideways with a shit organization Over how they handled his injuries. Trent Williams too.

These guys can play at very high levels, levels this OL hasn’t seen in years, if their biggest flaw is they’re nobody’s team captains then I, personally, can live with that.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

15. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Bengals fans make poor decisions.

Cordy Glenn can play LT, LG, RG, RT, you wanna judge him by his time in THAT organization you go right ahead. Osemele is the same thing, a beast who got sideways with a shit organization Over how they handled his injuries. Trent Williams too.

These guys can play at very high levels, levels this OL hasn’t seen in years, if their biggest flaw is they’re nobody’s team captains then I, personally, can live with that.
    Some Bengals fan wise up and get saved.

Glenn used to be great. He got shipped out of Buffalo for being a dick, too.

Trent Williams is not a piece of shit and is the sympathetic party.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Best thing about Glenn is signing cap casualties don’t count against you in compensatory picks.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

18. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Some Bengals fan wise up and get saved.

Glenn used to be great. He got shipped out of Buffalo for being a dick, too.

Trent Williams is not a piece of shit and is the sympathetic party.
    Okay, Bolles is a dick and can’t play, if the worst you can about a player is their attitude I will never be swayed.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I can’t find any issues with Glenn in Buffalo, it’s all been injuries ... which makes my scenario all the more ideal.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information