Page 10 of 74 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Vic Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    We are either rolling with Lock long term or trying to draft another guy, right? That's the assumption. Roll with it. Do you want to pair either one with (1) a defensive head coach when we're going to ask the youngster to play big boy QB and (2) pair him with Scangs, who has had one good game calling plays and (3) pair him with the HC who hired Scangs?

All I see is darkness. )=
    That is why I have been so firmly in the "Fire Elway NOW!" camp.

There is just no future I can see for as long as Elway remains the GM. He's just bad at his job and that's a fact. Signing Peyton Manning and having a bunch of elite FAs fall into his lap on team-friendly deals well below market price -- because they knew they could win a championship or two with Peyton Manning (Demarcus Ware, TJ Ward, Aqib Talib, Emanuel Sanders, etc.) -- that covered up a lot of Elway's sins as a GM.

"You know what covered up a ton of sins? Peyton Manning! You know who doesn't cover up any sins? Joe Flacco. And there are sins everywhere you look on this football team." -- Mark Schlereth.

In Ware and Manning alone they had 2 no-doubt, sure-fire 1st ballot, Hall of Fame Players who were nearing the end of their careers but who exercised unchallenged leadership over the team.

When Peyton and Demarcus spoke the players did exactly whatever they said. Because how are you going to justify slacking off at any point when you see Peyton every day grinding away at the facility?

Elway's job was easy, but his draft record after his first draft when he had Brian Xanders before Elway fired him, has been atrocious. And despite all the hype about the last couple of drafts, there's frankly no proof whatever that Elway's last couple of drafts have been anything great.

He still thinks Joe Flacco is the answer.

Today on 104.3 The Fan, both afternoon sportscasters told their "five most probable scenarios for who the Broncos QB will be on opening day in 2020."

Not what they personally think the Broncos should do. What they personally think John Elway will do, despite what you or anybody thinks.

And both of them ranked their scenarios from 5 to 1 with 1 being the most likely.

Both of them said they think Elway will trot Joe Flacco out there again in 2020 to be the Broncos starting QB and that we will not see Drew Lock for more than at most 2 games at the very end of the season.

They see Elway's plan as this:

Elway: "Nothing's changed as a result of this season. I still believe Joe Flacco is still in his prime, the team just lacked enough depth at certain key positions. But, we'll go back at it in the off-season, re-tool at LT and maybe RT and RG too now that we've had a chance to evaluate our first year with Vic Fangio. We will also be filling some holes at various positions. We might be looking at another TE in FA and with Derek Wolfe and Chris Harris leaving, we need to fill those positions either through FA or the draft or possibly some of our younger players wills have the chance to compete for a starting role.

Then in 2020 we bring back Joe Flacco and have another go with the re-tooled Broncos in their 2nd year under Fangio. Drew Lock continues to sit on the bench and learn behind Flacco, the way Brock Osweiler sat behind Peyton.

We took Lock in the second round to be a backup to Flacco, they way we took Osweiler in the 2nd to back up Peyton. The injury to Flacco and some depth issues on our OL in particular cost us some games, but we're not that far off.

We don't have a plan "B". WE're goin' Plan "A"!" -- John Elway
    So, the plan is to ignore the giant sucking wound at QB for the 5th year in a row, and pretend that everything's just fine!

They just need to re-tool with some veteran FAs at a couple of key positions along their OL and get some new FAs to replace the SB veterans Elway let walk or traded.

Then Joe Flacco will show them in 2020! And maybe we see Drew Lock. In 2022 when Elway retires.

I fear that is still his idiot plan!

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

They think that is his plan...... but that wasn’t a quote from elway, it was total click bait

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    They think that is his plan...... but that wasn’t a quote from elway, it was total click bait
    "We don't have a plan "B". WE're goin' Plan "A"!" -- John Elway

That is a quote from years ago. Elway said that in a totally different context. Peyton Manning was Plan "A" and he indicated that he had no Plan "B" in case Manning's injury prevented Plan "A" from working.

He indicated that they were all in on Manning Plan "A". That Elway quote's been a mic drop on the radio for years now, because it perfectly illustrates Elway's style.

He never has a Plan "B" it's Plan "A" all the time. And then when Plan "A" blows up in his face he has no idea what to do -- because he's always 100% in on Plan "A".

Even when Plan "A" was supposed to be Paxton Lynch and that plan catches on fire and burns an entire neighborhood to the ground. No Plan "B".

Just "Siemian will develop!" Or "Paxton will come along!" Or "we expect another great season out of Case Keenum and we're excited he's a Denver Bronco!" Or "I believe that Joe Flacco is still in his prime!"

It just never ends with him. It's just one stupid idea after another. None of them having the remotest chance to succeed.

And Joe Flacco is the most incomprehensible of all.

For, does any sane person really believe that if Joe Flacco had a better team around him that it would really make any difference?

Suppose Garrett Bolles and Juwann James were total ballers on the OL. Suppose Jake Butt never got hurt and they had a real threat at TE. In that universe the team is 6-3 at the bye and Sanders is still a Bronco.

Suppose the team really put it together on defense finished 11-5 and got a wild-card game? Does anybody sane really think for one minute that the Broncos would have a chance in the playoffs against Tom Brady or Pat Mahomes or Deshaun
    Watson?

Nope. Me neither.

So, what exactly is the point of this "development" Elway is trying to do? Is it leading to 10-6 or even 11-5 and a wild card inevitably ending in getting crushed in KC or New England best.

To win SBs you need that great QB. And until you find that guy you have to keep looking. It might take years, but living in denial and NOT trying to find that guy and keep on trotting Joe Freakin' Flacco out there?

That's some class "A" delusion right there!
    Last edited by Cugel; 11-09-2019 at 11:06 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

You can win a SB with Flacco, y’all are biased because he can’t make one read and tuck it.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Bronco fans need patience. Just ask the 9ers.

7. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    You can win a SB with Flacco, y’all are biased because he can’t make one read and tuck it.
    I love you takes, but your strange refusal to accept flacco is terrible befuddles me

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I love you takes, but your strange refusal to accept flacco is terrible befuddles me
    I just love you, Dave, so much so that I forgive you for this betrayal.

I think I have battered wife syndrome.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Cugel with your daily radio report. Everybody thank him! Thanks Cugel!
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Cugel with your daily radio report. Everybody thank him! Thanks Cugel!
    I want to know what Cugel looks like.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Bronco fans need patience. Just ask the 9ers.
    So we just need to wait 20 years?

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I want to know what Cugel looks like.

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    So we just need to wait 20 years?
    I'm trying to be positive here.

20. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Sometimes you can tell when someone’s parents are blood related.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

22. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Extend Elway! Extend Fangio! Hell yeah! We ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information