Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Death by Inches

Default Death by Inches

Elway spoke about Fangs interview and the concept of death by inches. That you take an inch, a mistake, and you keep messing up and those inches add up. He promised Elway that his program will not have death by inches. Elway was impressed by Fangs' take on discipline, and I think he should have been.

It feels refreshing to have that type of insight. Something poignant, succinct, and fresh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following 8 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

I like this hire a little more every hour.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Watching the presser now. Next time you are 30 seconds late to a thread, King, I'm fining your ass!

5. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Watching the presser now. Next time you are 30 seconds late to a thread, King, I'm fining your ass!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I love this dude. I think he's exactly what the Broncos needed. Now, let's see who the coordinators are...

8. The Following 6 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

I really liked what I heard during the presser. Sounds like he can be a real leader of men.

All the comments so far have been player-focused in terms of teaching fundamentals, discipline, accountability, etc. I sincerely hope Fangio has that same standard with the coaching staff - and holding them accountable for their responsibilities.

11. The Following 8 Users High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

13. The Following 6 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Death by Inches...

Balance on offense not just being a pure run to pass analysis, but balance in regards to how you approach deep passing, intermediate, short, etc.

This does not sound like a man who is scared of innovation, and there is a sea and ocean even, of coaches who are. This is a man who talked about innovating a defense to keep up with the offense.

This is an actual coach and I don't have to try to convince myself with that rah-rah-intangibles nonsense.

This is why he was my plan B if we didn't go the other route.

I...I am most pleased.

15. The Following 5 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    All the comments so far have been player-focused in terms of teaching fundamentals, discipline, accountability, etc. I sincerely hope Fangio has that same standard with the coaching staff - and holding them accountable for their responsibilities.
    I think he does. With such an emphasis on teaching, there is a bit of a presumption that the teachers must be accountable. I do understand your point, though. Sometimes an explicit statement is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Death by Inches...

Balance on offense not just being a pure run to pass analysis, but balance in regards to how you approach deep passing, intermediate, short, etc.

This does not sound like a man who is scared of innovation, and there is a sea and ocean even, of coaches who are. This is a man who talked about innovating a defense to keep up with the offense.

This is an actual coach and I don't have to try to convince myself with that rah-rah-intangibles nonsense.

This is why he was my plan B if we didn't go the other route.

I...I am most pleased.
    I liked his answer on balanced offense. Guess he and Kube's is going to have a talk about not running the same play action passes over and over, without even running the ball or throw the ball short of the sticks 100% of the time.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I liked his answer on balanced offense. Guess he and Kube's is going to have a talk about not running the same play action passes over and over, without even running the ball or throw the ball short of the sticks 100% of the time.
    Man, you and I...on Kubiak...Tned...we are aligned. I'm remaining optimistic because Elway is interested in some college offenses, so we should get a fresh take there.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Man, you and I...on Kubiak...Tned...we are aligned. I'm remaining optimistic because Elway is interested in some college offenses, so we should get a fresh take there.
    Now if Kubiak can just convince Elway to trade with the Vikings for NTB, Kube's what be in good shape.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Sayings are fun when you win, dumb when you lose.

Just win games.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Sayings are fun when you win, dumb when you lose.

Just win games.
    Death by inches...describes your killer wit very well.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information