Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Defensive mastermind Vic Fangio is the right choice for the Broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I dont get all the hate on Kubiak. Hes Broncos through and through amd reeks of Denver Super Bowls. Im so excited now. Fang didnt please me but with Kubiak? Hell yeah. Im in.

And I agree with Dav I see big changes coming
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

2. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Tom Coughlin?
    Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    John Harbaugh?
    Try again.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Try again.

Try again.
    The Giants had a great team? Uh, no.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The Giants had a great team? Uh, no.
    The SB winning 2005-2006 team comes to mind, also. Anyone stoked on the Giants team that got in as a wild card, like the first Giants SB, or that second Steelers team? Anyone stoked about that particular Indy team that beat Chicago?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    YOu think Haskins is going to last to #10? Lol
    No, im actually hoping he doesnt. Lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I dont get all the hate on Kubiak. Hes Broncos through and through amd reeks of Denver Super Bowls. Im so excited now. Fang didnt please me but with Kubiak? Hell yeah. Im in.

And I agree with Dav I see big changes coming
    No one hates Kubiak so get that silly shit out of here. Lol

8. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    No one hates Kubiak so get that silly shit out of here. Lol
    No one hates Kubiak but quite a few are happy he won't be OC. His dogged pursuit of Dennison was all the evidence we needed to see he was archaic Kubes, hoping to get the band back together again for one last dive bar tour, as apposed to stepping into the 21rst century of NFL success. I won't say anything else negative. I'm just really happy Elway moved past him. If nothing else, it proves in a huge way that Elway is putting all his cards on the table to keep this team and his employment alive. And at least, we won't have to listen to another year of quotes by apposing defenses saying how they could sleep on the Broncos because they were so vanilla (VGJ there, not Kubes but Kubiak was also one of 'those guys' as an OC.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ground Control For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    No one hates Kubiak but quite a few are happy he won't be OC. His dogged pursuit of Dennison was all the evidence we needed to see he was archaic Kubes, hoping to get the band back together again for one last dive bar tour, as apposed to stepping into the 21rst century of NFL success. I won't say anything else negative. I'm just really happy Elway moved past him. If nothing else, it proves in a huge way that Elway is putting all his cards on the table to keep this team and his employment alive. And at least, we won't have to listen to another year of quotes by apposing defenses saying how they could sleep on the Broncos because they were so vanilla (VGJ there, not Kubes but Kubiak was also one of 'those guys' as an OC.
    Kubiak was present for the SB win. He hadn't been a great OC in quite some time, either. If he wasn't willing to adapt his offense for some college schemes, like many of the top teams are doing right now, and he wanted his former subordinates who didn't do a good job, he has no business here.

This is a big day for Denver. A good day.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

12. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

I've been critical of Elway lately as a GM. Today, I actually applaud the stance he took with Kubiak. My original thought was Elway was screwing up the head coaching search by making Kubiak the defacto OC. Making matters worse, GK wanted to bring in his boys., i.e. Dennison and Pariani.

A new HC should be able to assemble his own staff. Best news of the day when it was announced DEN was going in another direction. It is also relief that Fangio held to his principles on what type of offensive scheme he wants.

Maybe Elway really did look into the mirror and reviewed his past actions in regards to this coaching search.

14. The Following User High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Name a HC who didn't have a "great" team he coached that won the SB. Maybe then I'll get on board with the shit you're slinging against walls.

EDIT:
    Head coaches that make the SB inherit good teams, at worst, and make them 'great'. Otherwise, your link is about Kubes as the OC and QB coach in Denver. IMO, Kubes did what needed to be done by a guy that has been around the block, and knew enough to not trip up himself or his players in 2015. Wade Phillips won SB 2015 (besides Kubiak's QB whispering to Osweiller). Manning as well, but only in that he didn't let his or Kubes incompetence interfere with the brilliance that was Wade Phillips and our D. Kubes' time as OC and QB coach in Denver can mostly be attributed to Mike, true? Mike's system is the one anyone talks about when mentioning Kubes. No one talks of the 'Kubiak Offense' or coaching tree, right? He did a good job. He is maybe the QB savant that he is attributed to being. In fact, he probably is. His worth as a HC is questionable though, outside of Wade/ Manning influence. His worth as an independent OC is proven for one year of brilliance in Baltimore.

Don't get me wrong. He's a competent play caller. If I had to bet my savings against his ability to read a defense and understand advanced FB concepts, I wouldn't do it. Would I bet against his ability to take what he knows and apply it against the best and brightest the NFL currently has to offer in opposition successfully? Yes, absolutely. I may lose but I think Vegas would make my odds less than attractive, in that they would lean towards Kubes being outplayed and out-coached in the current NFL. He is a derivative of a philosophy that has become so very basic and over played in the league. He is a rep for the vanilla offense that rookies play against in training camp and that we see in pre-season games. He was never even a master or originator of that system. How could we expect him to anything more than that? I would rather have him, than say Musgrave but that's only because Musgrave is even more a derivative than Kubes is. Fangio can better run an offense in the modern NFL as a guy that decimates the best of NFL offenses than Kubiak, IMO. I could be wrong but obviously John Elway agrees. As well as the HC of the Broncos and Godfather, Fangio.

: )

16. The Following User High Fived Ground Control For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    I've been critical of Elway lately as a GM. Today, I actually applaud the stance he took with Kubiak. My original thought was Elway was screwing up the head coaching search by making Kubiak the defacto OC. Making matters worse, GK wanted to bring in his boys., i.e. Dennison and Pariani.

A new HC should be able to assemble his own staff. Best news of the day when it was announced DEN was going in another direction. It is also relief that Fangio held to his principles on what type of offensive scheme he wants.

Maybe Elway really did look into the mirror and reviewed his past actions in regards to this coaching search.
    Agreed on all points! I'm most happy about Elway's apparent introspection.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Agreed on all points! I'm most happy about Elway's apparent introspection.
    Or Vic’s eyeball

Stop caping for Kubes. He turned on us.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Stop caping for Kubes. He turned on us.
    King After Dark ™️

21. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    King After Dark ™️
    No one wants this.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information