Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Fangio

Well at least we know we will have one kick ass defense!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Maybe he wants to adopt new schemes?
    New schemes with Case Keenum?
    My thinking is that he could wring the best out of him while the new QB sits and pushes Case.

Elway and Co. better Draft and FA on Offense.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    I'd rather see Greg Williams but probably won't happen.
    I hope not, Williams is a trash bag...

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Well at least we know we will have one kick ass defense!
    Hopefully they have a guy that can establish an identity of toughness and fundamentals and preparedness unlike VJ

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I thought NFL fans didn’t like the college spread? Or....has this mindset evolved?
    The rule changes in 2018 really favored the offense a lot. Because of these changes you are seeing a lot of college concepts like the RPO and spread make their way to the NFL.

It wasn't viable at an NFL level prior to 2018, but with current rules it is possible for it to be more effective than it had been previously.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    I'd rather see Greg Williams but probably won't happen.
    I hope not, Williams is a trash bag...
    Please explain other than the head hunting issue (which wanting to kill opposing QBs happens throughout the League anyway?).

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Oh? So more to the story you say? Imagine that.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Albert Breer reporting it as fact that Kubiak is OC. That’s my biggest problem with the hire. I thought Elway loves those college spread concepts?
    chris harris said the broncos need to evolve. . . we'll see if this is the staff to do that. . .

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    The thing about Kubiak, if he is officially taking the job of OC, is at least he won’t be the guy calling 15 runs and 40 passes a game with Lindsay and Freeman at RB and Keesum at QB. We will be balanced.

Also, with all the supposed interest in the college offensive schemes that Elway is supposedly interested in, do you not think Kubiak has discussed this with Elway already? I think they have a plan to turn the offense around. I just hope they also have a plan to get a franchise QB.
    That's the part that just keeps making me laugh... People keep getting upset about how Kubiak is old and stale... If Elway is as enamoured with college concepts as was reported, then it stands to reason that he's already talked with Kubiak about this and they have a plan in place to incorporate that into the offensive scheme.

Why would Elway want Kubiak involved if Kubiak's vision for the scheme didn't line up with his?

13. The Following 5 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    chris harris said the broncos need to evolve. . . we'll see if this is the staff to do that. . .
    They better hope so. Lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I thought NFL fans didn’t like the college spread? Or....has this mindset evolved?
    I don't think any smart NFL fan is against the spread now. Just look at which NFL teams are consistently good now. It's the teams who use it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The rule changes in 2018 really favored the offense a lot. Because of these changes you are seeing a lot of college concepts like the RPO and spread make their way to the NFL.

It wasn't viable at an NFL level prior to 2018, but with current rules it is possible for it to be more effective than it had been previously.
    Teams have been successfully using college spread concepts for years now. This isn't anything new.

I don’t necessarily mind the idea of Fangio. He’s well respected and highly regarded – I can’t find anyone saying anything bad about him. If he’s as “no nonsense” as they say, that should help the team with fundamentals and discipline. Feels a little like the Fox hire as a reaction to the young, unproven HC we had previously. Hopefully not an overreaction.

Everyone is looking for the “next McVay”, which is why a bunch of guys with not a lot on their resumes and little experience are getting hired this year. I’m actually glad we didn’t go that route. That pool is stretched too thin at the moment. I assume the next innovator is someone we haven’t even heard of yet, and that person (whoever he is) would be better suited as an OC. That’s the direction I was hoping to go in at OC, not necessarily HC. Based on Klis’ tweet, we’re hopefully still looking for that guy and not just let Kubiak run the offense. I remain cautiously optimistic.

This hire is big for Elway’s legacy, so we should all hope it works out. Now to find that QB …

18. The Following 6 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Please explain other than the head hunting issue (which wanting to kill opposing QBs happens throughout the League anyway?).
    He goes around calling his players stupid in public settings for one thing....He coaches dirty defenses in most instances...the headhunting hasn't stopped....His defense tried to kill Teddy B. awhile back. I don't care for the guy and I don't want him on this team.

20. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information