Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Fangio

This means that the key for Elway is having Gary Kubiak installed as OC and Fangio was willing to do that after toiling in the coaching weeds for decades as an assistant. He was willing to do anything to land this job.

Well, good luck to him. This looks like another Vance Joseph hire to me. Meh.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

I am so excited for this hire. He has worked his tail off his whole career and produced results, and now he finally gets to be the guy in the bosses office. I expect great things from this football team next year. He will have them ready to play, and hold them accountable.

Let every other team have their hot offensive loser who had coffee with McVay; we just got the best defensive coordinator in football sans Belichick.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Thought that was likely to be the choice. I think of the two it was rumored to come down to, I like him better than Munchak. If Kubiak is in fact going to be the OC, i'm not sure I'm thrilled about that. His offense was a dismal failure, completely unimaginative and not focused on the talents of his players.
    Im happy if he is directly in the mix as an asst HC as an option to assist Fang in his duties. Coordinator to Coach isna massive leap. Hope hes ready
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I am not sure he was as desperate as they are reporting - he turned down the dolphins interview before he even met Elway.

If he was desperate he would have been whoring himself out to anyone that would entertain him.

I think he is the opposite of VJ, experienced, competent and nothing to prove.

He might have agreed to have Kubes as some kind of offensive assistant, but unless the DC is Pagano, and the OC Taylor - I am not sure Fangio seems like a guy to take a job on terms he was not happy with

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    I am so excited for this hire. He has worked his tail off his whole career and produced results, and now he finally gets to be the guy in the bosses office. I expect great things from this football team next year. He will have them ready to play, and hold them accountable.

Let every other team have their hot offensive loser who had coffee with McVay; we just got the best defensive coordinator in football sans Belichick.
    The best DC in football is the guy we got rid of - Wade Phillips. But you can be as enthusiastic as you wanna be at this point of the off-season. For all we know he will sprinkle magic unicorn dust all over this team and suddenly they fly to the SB!

I will try to be modestly optimistic until sometime in September. "Hurray." That was modestly optimistic.

Albert Breer reporting it as fact that Kubiak is OC. That’s my biggest problem with the hire. I thought Elway loves those college spread concepts?

8. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I am not sure he was as desperate as they are reporting - he turned down the dolphins interview before he even met Elway.

If he was desperate he would have been whoring himself out to anyone that would entertain him.

I think he is the opposite of VJ, experienced, competent and nothing to prove.

He might have agreed to have Kubes as some kind of offensive assistant, but unless the DC is Pagano, and the OC Taylor - I am not sure Fangio seems like a guy to take a job on terms he was not happy with
    Well, the Dolphins job was reportedly the worst head coaching vacancy of them all. Denver's wasn't great but the Dolphins job is worse. Whoever lands that job is doomed. Fangio is only PROBABLY doomed in Denver.

Crap! I gotta get back to my cautious optimism!

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    Thanks Carol.....Welcome Coach Fangio.
    Yep! Welcome to the Broncos. Good luck.

It would be interesting to see a Miller, White, Chubb linebacker corps under Fangio.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Albert Breer reporting it as fact that Kubiak is OC. That’s my biggest problem with the hire. I thought Elway loves those college spread concepts?
    Maybe he wants to adopt new schemes?
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

The last draft was improved. That was due to Kubiak coming back to Denver. Elway was desperate to keep him. Kubiak wanted to return to coaching the offense. So. . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Maybe he wants to adopt new schemes?
    New schemes with Case Keenum?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Well, there you go. Already starting to unfold that Florio wasnt wrong.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

The thing about Kubiak, if he is officially taking the job of OC, is at least he won’t be the guy calling 15 runs and 40 passes a game with Lindsay and Freeman at RB and Keesum at QB. We will be balanced.

Also, with all the supposed interest in the college offensive schemes that Elway is supposedly interested in, do you not think Kubiak has discussed this with Elway already? I think they have a plan to turn the offense around. I just hope they also have a plan to get a franchise QB.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

16. The Following 6 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

I approve of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

18. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I thought NFL fans didn’t like the college spread? Or....has this mindset evolved?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information