Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Under Kubiak, Denver had awful lines (this is a HC) even though he was supposed to be able to fix a lot of those issues. Dennison wasn't exactly revving it up at his job, either.
    Most of the line problems were on the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I'm sympathetic to that. But Kubes loved that QB. Raved about him. Championed him. That was...and I don't know why...his guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Many of them were.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I'm sympathetic to that. But Kubes loved that QB. Raved about him. Championed him. That was...and I don't know why...his guy.
    I think Manning and Brock were more Elway's guys than Kubes.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Many of them were.
    Agreed, had nothing to do with the OC regularly calling slow developing play action passes while his team was completely ineffective at running the ball.

The TS wars must not start anew!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

I didn’t get to hear him talk yet but here’s a ton of quotes from the presser:

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 2h2 hours ago
    John Elway: "The game of the NFL is changing, but I believe the things that are still what football is all about is, to me, what Vic Fangio is all about."

Elway stressed Fangio's attention to details — accountability, technique, team discipline — and his background on the defensive side. "I'm thrilled that Vic is our next head coach. I believe he is exactly what we needed."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 2h2 hours ago
    #Broncos Elway said Fangio talked about "Death by inches. You keep taking an inch. And when they add up, you are a losing program. Vic promised we won't die a death by inches." #Denver7

Vic Fangio: "I've been in the NFL since 1986 and I know that the Broncos — only one other franchise in this league has won more Super Bowls and been to more Super Bowls. I accept responsibility to lead us to some more."

Vic Fangio said George McCaskey gave him the orange tie he's wearing because McCaskey said Fangio couldn't wear his gray sweats to the Broncos' presser. ��

Vic Fangio: "Good teams have good players. But great teams have great teammates, and we will be obsessed with building that here."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 2h2 hours ago
    Vic Fangio: “Right now, Case Keenum is our quarterback … I’ve had the good fortune of seeing him at his best in Minnesota … so I know what he’s capable of, and we’re going to try to get that out of him."

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 2h2 hours ago
    New #Broncos coach Vic Fangio on why he was hired now: “Basically, I’ve never fit the profile of what certain teams were looking for. … Fortunately I matched the profile of what John (Elway) was looking for."

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Vic Fangio on Kubiak's role: "None of the assistant coaching positions have been determined yet. Until things are ironclad I prefer not to comment on that."

Fangio: "If Gary (Kubiak) is interested, then I'm interested."

Fangio: "We're not going to cut any corners. I'm a fundamental coach. The game of the NFL, everybody thinks the game has changed ... but fundamentals is still what wins games in this league. ... There will be no death by inches."

Fangio on transitioning from the playoff loss with Chicago into the head-coaching interview with the Broncos: "I didn't have to make a fancy presentation. I just took the stuff I use daily and yearly."

Fangio: "It is my goal and purpose to make every individual player to improve and get better. ... If we do that, we'll be better." "We have to start from the ground up. We're trying to get better every day."

Fangio's offensive plan: "We talked about an offensive philosophy and I believe in balance. ... You need to have balance within your passing game and your running game. I know that from having to defend it."

Fangio on the Broncos' defensive players: "Obviously, starting off, we have two good players on the outside. Von Miller can be one of the rare players in this league. ... Bradley (Chubb) is a guy we had high grades on in Chicago."

Fangio: "I think Von Miller can play even better than he's played in his career."

Fangio said the pass rushers will get their positional coaching and "a little extra" from Fangio.

Fangio: "We have to evolve on defense to defend what the offenses are doing. So there has been evolution. "The biggest evolution that's happened is you don't see fullbacks on the field much, which I'm not saying is right or wrong."

Ryan Edwards‏ @redwardsradio 2h2 hours ago
    "I don't want to get into the X and O details because you probably won't understand them." - Vic Fangio (baller) #Broncos @OrangeBlue760

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Kyle Fredrickson‏Verified account @kylefredrickson 2h2 hours ago
    Strange fact: MLB teams have thrived in every city in which Fangio has recently coached. "Things might be looking up for the Rockies," he said.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 2h2 hours ago
    Vic Fangio mentioned “death by inches,” & he uses the example of a player being late for a meeting, adding “If you let it slide, the next day there’s two or three guys late, or it went from 30 seconds to 2 minutes, and it causes an avalanche of problems. That’s death by inches."

Fangio on continuing to call the defensive plays: "They hired me because of my work on the defensive side of the ball. I'm going to give them my work on the defensive side of the ball. I believe for the most part I'm pretty good at it, so I'm going to do it."

Ryan O'Halloran‏Verified account @ryanohalloran 2h2 hours ago
    Vic says he'll call defensive plays. "I think it's important I do it. I look forward to it." #Broncos

#Broncos Fangio on being more disciplined next season. "We had a lot of great statistical numbers last year. We were the second least penalized last year. There are ways to coach it.. If you play with good technique, you will avoid being penalized too many times." #Denver7

#Broncos Fangio on being described as evil genius by Mack "I think he was alluding to how quickly he was able to learn our system. How easy it was it was to transition into our system. Conflicting words there, right, evil and genius. I think he meant it as a compliment.” #Denver7

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 2h2 hours ago
    Vic Fangio on working Elway on personnel: "We're going to work together on all that stuff. I know that's a stock answer ... If there's an argument, it's John's (say).'' #9sports

#Broncos John Elway to me on why Vic Fangio is the fit at this time. Loves that he's a "great teacher" #Denver7

Zac Stevens‏ @ZacStevensBSN 2h2 hours ago
    John Elway said he “tried to stay a little more open” in this coaching search than the previous one.

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 1h1 hour ago
    Von Miller after Fangio said in presser he can play better: 'You can always play better. I like it. He's a great coach. He's a coach knows coaching." #9sports

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 1h1 hour ago
    #Broncos Elway on what would be a successful season "We've got to win. That's the bottom line. We've got to win" #Denver7

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

The TS wars must not start anew!
    Tned's Soliloquy?

14. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

On Orange and Blue, apparently Elway said that if Fangio didn't opt to go with Kubiak on the offensive side, that would be his call.

16. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Tned's Soliloquy?
    My gut tells me that I need a cheeseburger.

That's all I got right now, Tned. I failed you.

18. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

My gut tells me that I need a cheeseburger.

That's all I got right now, Tned. I failed you.
    It's the offseason. The days are short, and you are probably suffering from that SAD disorder, and as we all know, Winter is coming. When the days are longer, and warmer, you will be back to your normal self. In the meantime, I got your back.

20. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

On Orange and Blue, apparently Elway said that if Fangio didn't opt to go with Kubiak on the offensive side, that would be his call.
    Elway's or Fangio's?

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Elway's or Fangio's?
    Fangio. Elway claims that it's totally up to Fangio and that they (Fangio and Kubiak) met, but he hadn't talked to Fangio since they met.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information