Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Assassin's CPF Natty Night 2 tier mock/off-season scenario

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Fangio coaching up White would be awesome.

2. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Fangio coaching up White would be awesome.
    White and Devin Bush, who I think you can get 2nd-3rd round. That goes a long way towards fixing the opponents TE issue.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

4. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I will say this...in all my years of following this stuff, I have never seen so many mocks that are all over the place. White ranges from #5 to #25. Some have Grier as the #2 QB. Some have him in round 2. The CB opinions are also all over the place. Great DL draft though.

And 1 had Devin Bush going 5th to Tampa.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Not trying to imply he is, just that his limitations need to be counterbalanced by the guy next to him.
    Please elaborate on what you view his deficiencies to be. Because he was the best olb in the league vs the run for years and by a wide margin

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Greedy is good, but I think Murphy and Baker are at least just as good. No way Murphy lasts until the 2nd round. Easily a top 20 pick...and I'd use #10 on him.
    Agreed. I have Baker As the top CB, followed by Murphy then Greedy. I would have no problem using pick 10 on either Baker or Murphy, I would have some issue using 10 on Greedy, value doesn't fit I don't think bit of a reach by about 10-12 spots, and there are some DL players that are better players Greedy at 10 if Murphy and Baker were somehow gone. Lot of mocks having Devin white going pick 11 after us taking either lock or Jones at 10 as well....Its early so a lot should start to take shape after east west shrine and senior bowl....No matter what though we should end up with a QB to develop or a elite Talent for defense where we currently pick....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Woukd love white first round and QB in 2nd round if the right player is there.

Been wanting a real ILB for years. I like jewell though

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Please elaborate on what you view his deficiencies to be. Because he was the best olb in the league vs the run for years and by a wide margin
    Was he? The top 30 tackles this year all have at least 105. He has less than 50. While there are factors that play into that, his low tackle numbers are one reason I don't see him as the complete package.

Before it begins. Dude is ridiculously talented and he is awesome for us and what we need him to do. Love that he is a Bronco.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Woukd love white first round and QB in 2nd round if the right player is there.

Been wanting a real ILB for years. I like jewell though
    3-4 defense...you can have Jewell and White out there together.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Agreed. I have Baker As the top CB, followed by Murphy then Greedy. I would have no problem using pick 10 on either Baker or Murphy, I would have some issue using 10 on Greedy, value doesn't fit I don't think bit of a reach by about 10-12 spots, and there are some DL players that are better players Greedy at 10 if Murphy and Baker were somehow gone. Lot of mocks having Devin white going pick 11 after us taking either lock or Jones at 10 as well....Its early so a lot should start to take shape after east west shrine and senior bowl....No matter what though we should end up with a QB to develop or a elite Talent for defense where we currently pick....
    Greedy could end up being the better of the three, but right now, I think Baker and Murphy are more technically sound and Greedy is still a bit raw. But if he can be coached...he could be Sherman 2.0. Mullen and Oruwaryie are also studs. Pretty good depth at CB this year.

13. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Greedy could end up being the better of the three, but right now, I think Baker and Murphy are more technically sound and Greedy is still a bit raw. But if he can be coached...he could be Sherman 2.0. Mullen and Oruwaryie are also studs. Pretty good depth at CB this year.
    I like Mullen as well....I like the class at CB as well. We certainly need 1 if not 2 from this draft.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I like Mullen as well....I like the class at CB as well. We certainly need 1 if not 2 from this draft.
    It's definitely a deep class. Williams, Murphy, Baker, Mullen, Boyd, Oruwariye, Fulton...all have round 1 potential.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Was he? The top 30 tackles this year all have at least 105. He has less than 50. While there are factors that play into that, his low tackle numbers are one reason I don't see him as the complete package.

Before it begins. Dude is ridiculously talented and he is awesome for us and what we need him to do. Love that he is a Bronco.
    Of the guys you're speaking of not one of them had double digit sacks. I would say that Miller has proven he's the complete package. Just one more thing, those that finished tops in sacks all had way under 100 total tackles. The most I saw out one of the top pass rushers had 72 total tackles.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 01-11-2019 at 10:33 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

And my original comment was not about pass rushing. It was about the other parts of being a LB...which includes tackles. Steve asked about a deficiency. I listed one. I never said he wasn't a great player. I actually stated that he is. That said, the run D isn't his strength. The discussion is about getting an ILB to cover for that. I'm guessing you believe we don't need that since Von can do it all?

The point is that you judge him as a run stopper vs others in his position. He grades out every single year near the top if not the top. Of course we need an ILB for ILB roles. That's why I said he wasn't an ILB, because it seems like you want to compare him to positions where run stuffing is a predominant role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I said draft Devin White because we need an ILB because he can fill any voids left by Von. Complimentary football. People wanna infer something else? Go ahead. Pretty boring around here apparently that we need to make up fake arguments.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information