Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 50

Thread: Assassin's CPF Natty Night 2 tier mock/off-season scenario

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    40,475

    Default

    Fangio coaching up White would be awesome.
    why you so serious!

  2. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:


  3. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    My place in nowhere.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    20,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Fangio coaching up White would be awesome.
    White and Devin Bush, who I think you can get 2nd-3rd round. That goes a long way towards fixing the opponents TE issue.
    "Run through a mother****er face, they just ain't gonna want that."
    "You have to hate what you're firing at! Hate it!"

    Eric McCoy C/G, Greedy Williams CB, Justin Herbert QB, Drew Lock QB, Dalton Risner C, Nate Herbig RG, Elgton Jenkins C, Greg Little LT, Devin White ILB, Dylan Cozens C, Jack Hughes C, Daniel Jones QB. Rashan Gary DE, Brian Burns OLB. Byron Murphy CB. Jeffrey Simmons DE. Cody Ford OL.

  4. The Following User High Fived Jaded For This Post:


  5. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sharon, PA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson
    Posts
    10,951

    Default

    I will say this...in all my years of following this stuff, I have never seen so many mocks that are all over the place. White ranges from #5 to #25. Some have Grier as the #2 QB. Some have him in round 2. The CB opinions are also all over the place. Great DL draft though.

    And 1 had Devin Bush going 5th to Tampa.

  6. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:


  7. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe
    Posts
    4,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Not trying to imply he is, just that his limitations need to be counterbalanced by the guy next to him.
    Please elaborate on what you view his deficiencies to be. Because he was the best olb in the league vs the run for years and by a wide margin

  8. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas you will be missed
    Posts
    4,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Greedy is good, but I think Murphy and Baker are at least just as good. No way Murphy lasts until the 2nd round. Easily a top 20 pick...and I'd use #10 on him.
    Agreed. I have Baker As the top CB, followed by Murphy then Greedy. I would have no problem using pick 10 on either Baker or Murphy, I would have some issue using 10 on Greedy, value doesn't fit I don't think bit of a reach by about 10-12 spots, and there are some DL players that are better players Greedy at 10 if Murphy and Baker were somehow gone. Lot of mocks having Devin white going pick 11 after us taking either lock or Jones at 10 as well....Its early so a lot should start to take shape after east west shrine and senior bowl....No matter what though we should end up with a QB to develop or a elite Talent for defense where we currently pick....
    Please give me either Lock, or Thorson at QB in the upcoming draft....lets Get it!!!!!!

  9. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Albany, OR
    Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time
    Posts
    12,111

    Default

    Woukd love white first round and QB in 2nd round if the right player is there.

    Been wanting a real ILB for years. I like jewell though

  10. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sharon, PA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson
    Posts
    10,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Please elaborate on what you view his deficiencies to be. Because he was the best olb in the league vs the run for years and by a wide margin
    Was he? The top 30 tackles this year all have at least 105. He has less than 50. While there are factors that play into that, his low tackle numbers are one reason I don't see him as the complete package.

    Before it begins. Dude is ridiculously talented and he is awesome for us and what we need him to do. Love that he is a Bronco.

  11. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Colony, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    #58
    Posts
    24,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Woukd love white first round and QB in 2nd round if the right player is there.

    Been wanting a real ILB for years. I like jewell though
    3-4 defense...you can have Jewell and White out there together.

  12. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Colony, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    #58
    Posts
    24,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Agreed. I have Baker As the top CB, followed by Murphy then Greedy. I would have no problem using pick 10 on either Baker or Murphy, I would have some issue using 10 on Greedy, value doesn't fit I don't think bit of a reach by about 10-12 spots, and there are some DL players that are better players Greedy at 10 if Murphy and Baker were somehow gone. Lot of mocks having Devin white going pick 11 after us taking either lock or Jones at 10 as well....Its early so a lot should start to take shape after east west shrine and senior bowl....No matter what though we should end up with a QB to develop or a elite Talent for defense where we currently pick....
    Greedy could end up being the better of the three, but right now, I think Baker and Murphy are more technically sound and Greedy is still a bit raw. But if he can be coached...he could be Sherman 2.0. Mullen and Oruwaryie are also studs. Pretty good depth at CB this year.

  13. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:


  14. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas you will be missed
    Posts
    4,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Greedy could end up being the better of the three, but right now, I think Baker and Murphy are more technically sound and Greedy is still a bit raw. But if he can be coached...he could be Sherman 2.0. Mullen and Oruwaryie are also studs. Pretty good depth at CB this year.
    I like Mullen as well....I like the class at CB as well. We certainly need 1 if not 2 from this draft.
    Please give me either Lock, or Thorson at QB in the upcoming draft....lets Get it!!!!!!

  15. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Colony, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    #58
    Posts
    24,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I like Mullen as well....I like the class at CB as well. We certainly need 1 if not 2 from this draft.
    It's definitely a deep class. Williams, Murphy, Baker, Mullen, Boyd, Oruwariye, Fulton...all have round 1 potential.

  16. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:


  17. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas
    Posts
    34,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Was he? The top 30 tackles this year all have at least 105. He has less than 50. While there are factors that play into that, his low tackle numbers are one reason I don't see him as the complete package.

    Before it begins. Dude is ridiculously talented and he is awesome for us and what we need him to do. Love that he is a Bronco.
    Of the guys you're speaking of not one of them had double digit sacks. I would say that Miller has proven he's the complete package. Just one more thing, those that finished tops in sacks all had way under 100 total tackles. The most I saw out one of the top pass rushers had 72 total tackles.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 01-11-2019 at 10:33 PM.


    Tned, TX, NTL, Buff, MO, BW and TJR -- shall we elevate the conversation?

  18. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sharon, PA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson
    Posts
    10,951

    Default

    And my original comment was not about pass rushing. It was about the other parts of being a LB...which includes tackles. Steve asked about a deficiency. I listed one. I never said he wasn't a great player. I actually stated that he is. That said, the run D isn't his strength. The discussion is about getting an ILB to cover for that. I'm guessing you believe we don't need that since Von can do it all?

  19. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    52,729

    Default

    The point is that you judge him as a run stopper vs others in his position. He grades out every single year near the top if not the top. Of course we need an ILB for ILB roles. That's why I said he wasn't an ILB, because it seems like you want to compare him to positions where run stuffing is a predominant role.

  20. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sharon, PA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson
    Posts
    10,951

    Default

    I said draft Devin White because we need an ILB because he can fill any voids left by Von. Complimentary football. People wanna infer something else? Go ahead. Pretty boring around here apparently that we need to make up fake arguments.

  21. The Following 3 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:


Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Assassin's Early Season 2013 Mock
    By SmilinAssasSin27 in forum Draft and Free Agency
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-31-2013, 12:21 PM
  2. Assassin's Post-Season Mock Draft
    By SmilinAssasSin27 in forum Draft and Free Agency
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 01:48 AM
  3. Assassin's Mid-Season Mock
    By SmilinAssasSin27 in forum Draft and Free Agency
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 07:19 PM
  4. Assassin's 2012 Pre-season Mock
    By SmilinAssasSin27 in forum Draft and Free Agency
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-11-2011, 05:02 PM
  5. Assassin's 4-3 Mock
    By SmilinAssasSin27 in forum Draft and Free Agency
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-18-2011, 11:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group