Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Will Carson Wentz be available via trade?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    If Foles wins the SB how do you go back? If they do go back then Foles is free to leave. Broncos would have to give up nothing for Foles except a massive contract. We might have to trade Keenum and by that I mean WE give someone a draft pick to eat his cap. We essentially would have to trade less to get rid of Keenum and sign Foles.

But if Wentz is available for trade then I fully expect us to trade the farm.
    If the Eagles get rid of Foles, they'd need a competent backup. Maybe we can work a deal that includes Keenum and a lower pick. Maybe even eat part of his salary?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Ya'll would complain if you were hung with a new rope...

He was a gad dang MVP candidate who is 26 years old... The question is not whether we'd trade for him, but how many draft picks should we give up?
    Exactly. I can't believe some of the takes in this thread. It's like "No thanks I'm not going to sleep with the supermodel, she has a weird mole on her back".

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Isn't Foles UFA? Aside from franchise tag, how can they keep him? If so, wouldn't that be quite pricey?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Isn't Foles UFA? Aside from franchise tag, how can they keep him? If so, wouldn't that be quite pricey?
    They have a team option on him for next season. But yes, it would be pricey. 20 million I think.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I think they have an option option too. But, Foles could buy out of that for $2M.

Not really sure how that would work.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Before we get too far into Wentz we need to find out what his politics are.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I think they have an option option too. But, Foles could buy out of that for $2M.

Not really sure how that would work.
    Both have options. The Eagles can exercise their option for 20 million within 5 days of the SB. Foles has 5 days to opt out, if he does he has to pay back 1 year of the signing bonus, or 2 million dollars.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Before we get too far into Wentz we need to find out what his politics are.
    Knock it off. This troll has gone on long enough as well.

I would love to see Wentz in Denver.

He's very smart, a physical specimen. I mean he's like a shade off of being Andrew Luck talent wise, and that means he's still one of the most talented players in the entire league.

I can see it now. And it is a beautiful vision. It's healing my soul.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

14. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I would love to see Wentz in Denver.

He's very smart, a physical specimen. I mean he's like a shade off of being Andrew Luck talent wise, and that means he's still one of the most talented players in the entire league.

I can see it now. And it is a beautiful vision. It's healing my soul.
    I'd happily take either Eagles QB, and Wentz is definitely the better of the two. Can we get him some proactiv though?

16. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I'd happily take either Eagles QB, and Wentz is definitely the better of the two. Can we get him some proactiv though?
    I would hate Foles. Every time we get a less than primo QB I try to squint and convince myself he's good. When they inevitably fail me I just end up hating them.

But, Foles followed through with Ric Flair's philosophy: To be the man, you've got to beat the man! He beat the man.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I would hate Foles. Every time we get a less than primo QB I try to squint and convince myself he's good. When they inevitably fail me I just end up hating them.

But, Foles followed through with Ric Flair's philosophy: To be the man, you've got to beat the man! He beat the man.
    Not sure Foles is a lesser QB. Remember he started out on fire. Then his head got out of whack. Journeyman, basically retired, old coach gave chance, got head back and here we are. I thought I remember an article about outside issues effecting his head/play. He clearly has the talent.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Not sure Foles is a lesser QB. Remember he started out on fire. Then his head got out of whack. Journeyman, basically retired, old coach gave chance, got head back and here we are. I thought I remember an article about outside issues effecting his head/play. He clearly has the talent.
    QB's who are up and down like him scare me. He's a better physical talent than where he was drafted. I see him getting a lot of love again, but he played poorly last night. He had one great drive, at the end of the game and was marginal throughout the rest of that game. That's what my problem is - so much of his allure is 'look at what he did in the postseason'. He had a great SB. He didn't play great in the playoffs other than that. He's not going to get you to the SB without an insane roster. I don't think you can put him on a team like ours and have him get us there, either.

I'd prefer we stop trying to half-ass it and just draft a real QB talent. But I'm bitter and I hate most things, so there's that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

QB's who are up and down like him scare me. He's a better physical talent than where he was drafted. I see him getting a lot of love again, but he played poorly last night. He had one great drive, at the end of the game and was marginal throughout the rest of that game. That's what my problem is - so much of his allure is 'look at what he did in the postseason'. He had a great SB. He didn't play great in the playoffs other than that. He's not going to get you to the SB without an insane roster. I don't think you can put him on a team like ours and have him get us there, either.

I'd prefer we stop trying to half-ass it and just draft a real QB talent. But I'm bitter and I hate most things, so there's that.
    I don't see Philly with an insane roster as far as the offense is concerned. RB by committee. WRs who have never been elite. I do like Jeffrey. Great TE. Solid line. Dude made plays. And he has been very good since he came in late in the season.

The Bears game was on the road vs the league's best D. I'll allow a pedestrian gane where he minimized mistakes and made key plays given the situation

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Super Bowl MVP, saved the Eagles season this year when Wentz went down, etc.

I think Wentz is the better QB, but I think Foles is a franchise guy as well.

23. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information