Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: For the fans who wanted Quenton Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Nelson would have been dope if we had a QB.

He will be a great guard, one of the best ever. But the best guard ever barely fits in the top 100 players of all time. At least when you rank position impact. Or, in other words, Kyle Long is one of the best players in the league when he's healthy. Next to Mack, he's Chicago's best player, or at least was before the injuries piled up.

He's about their 8th most important player.
    This is basically true, but as the Colts found out, having drafted a great QB in Luck does no good if he's constantly on IR because your OL is crappo. They finally figured that out and their offense was vastly improved in consequence.

"The Broncos OL has been not good for the last 10 years." -- Mark Schlereth.

They drafted Bolles instead of Ramczyk who is starting in the NFC Championship game this weekend. They drafted Ty Sambrailo who flamed out. Aside from that it's been and endless succession of trying to get better play out of a series of misfits and castoff OL because they were always chasing other areas of weakness.

This year they finally signed Mike Munchak who is one of the top OL coaches in the NFL, but he's going to need some decent players to go along with.

They need to decide whether to re-sign Matt Paradis, and we don't even know if Paradis wants to return to a rebuilding team. The rest of the OL is forgettable and replaceable. Bolles has regressed in his second season, and his 12 penalties helped mightily in contributing to the Broncos OL being among the most heavily penalized units in football. He's got to cut that out. The second most penalized Broncos OL? Connor McGovern with 4 holding calls. That's not good, but pales in comparison to Bolles, the tackling machine.

We'll see if Munchak can improve this bunch, but he's highly regarded all over the league as a great OL coach so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    If Chubb plays at this level for another 10 years I have very little doubt he'll be in the Hall of Fame too.
    That is true. And it would allow them to trade Von Miller next off-season if they need to move up and get a franchise QB in the top 5 when there will be multiple candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    That is true. And it would allow them to trade Von Miller next off-season if they need to move up and get a franchise QB in the top 5 when there will be multiple candidates.
    Alright DMAC....

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Lol we haven't even played next year and were already planning for next years draft in the top 5, I love the craziness of the off-season....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

No.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    No.
    As bad Cugel takes go...this was right up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Alright DMAC....
    I sent DMAC a text in which I stated that it was only due to his "painful imbecility" that he favored trading Von Miller to move up in the draft. He wants to do that THIS YEAR!

There's no Andrew Luck in this draft. Von Miller for a QB who might turn out to be the next Andrew Luck, or Pat Mahomes, or perhaps Jared Goff or Carson Wentz? Yes. That would be worth trading Von if you get a QB who can compete with Mahomes in this division.

The Broncos need that next great QB or we will become the New York Jets or Buffalo Bills or Miami Dolphins of the AFC West. We'll be trapped in a division where KC is winning 12 games every year like Brady does for the Patriots and you barely have sniffed a division title since before Janet Jackson led the best SB halftime show ever!

Think about what the Broncos fate will be if Mahomes actually IMPROVES over his rookie season. Most QBs do get better with experience. Are you telling me he can't? That he's had his career season in his very first NFL season?

Cause I'm not buying that. As much as I hate the Chefs I am impressed with Mahomes' play and I really don't like it. It's not right that the Chefs should have a great QB.

To avoid the fate of Buffalo or the Jets or Dolphins would be worth it. They acquire a top 10 pick and package that with their other #1 pick to move up to the first or second pick of the draft and get a franchise QB? Yes. I'd do that.

To do that THIS year when there's no true QB prospect worth that top 10 pick? Hell no!
    Last edited by Cugel; 01-20-2019 at 10:39 AM.

Are you guys going to tell me that right now you wouldn't trade Von Miller for Jared Goff or Carson Wentz or Andrew Luck or Pat Mahomes? Any of them for Von? Yes. Yes, I would definitely do that since QB is so important.

IF you would trade for one of those guys, then you should be willing to trade for a draft pick to select the next Goff or Wentz or Mahomes. If you are convinced he's in the 2020 draft then it damn well better be the Broncos who gets him!

The thing with Goff is that he struggles without his running game and has the second best offensive coach in the game today. We might not be getting what we see on TV. Von Miller for Mahomes would be wonderful for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Von Miller is a Bronco. I want him to remain a Bronco.

11. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

No way I want Wentz.

And proven commodity vs confidence in a draft pick is a huge difference.

13. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    No way I want Wentz.

And proven commodity vs confidence in a draft pick is a huge difference.
    You wonder if he can play a whole season healthy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You wonder if he can play a whole season healthy.
    I do

Nelson really carried the Colts to...shit that was almost all Andrew Luck. And then they...lost because....of Andrew Luck...

****! Guards are so impactful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Nelson really carried the Colts to...shit that was almost all Andrew Luck. And then they...lost because....of Andrew Luck...

****! Guards are so impactful!
    Nelson made a huge impact creating an oline that wouldn't get Luck killed, and plenty of time for Luck's outstanding passing rating.. Keep trying to dismiss him, King.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information