Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: For the fans who wanted Quenton Nelson

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Will somebody buy King and Jaded a Rosen jersey already before they start making out?
    Like, just one jersey for them to share?

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Will somebody buy King and Jaded a Rosen jersey already before they start making out?
    There’s enough Jaded to go around ... What are you wearing?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

4. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Like, just one jersey for them to share?
    This seems flawed. Heavily flawed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

6. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

You don’t have any reason to not like him but you don’t like him. Reasonable.

I bet Wave pulls all the hotties though.
    I have my reasons. Just not reasonable.

As to wave....

Nelson would have been dope if we had a QB.

He will be a great guard, one of the best ever. But the best guard ever barely fits in the top 100 players of all time. At least when you rank position impact. Or, in other words, Kyle Long is one of the best players in the league when he's healthy. Next to Mack, he's Chicago's best player, or at least was before the injuries piled up.

He's about their 8th most important player.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

I'm a little late jumping in here but if you want to see how the Nelson hype unfolded during the pre-draft process, here's good thread to look through. I'll be putting up the second installment of safest pick in the draft sometime today.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...ht=safest+pick

I'd still rather have Chubb...

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'd still rather have Chubb...
    If both stay healthy, Nelson will be a hall of famer. Chubb may or may not be, but there's far more of a premium on his position. Both look to be great picks early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    If both stay healthy, Nelson will be a hall of famer. Chubb may or may not be, but there's far more of a premium on his position. Both look to be great picks early on.
    I'd have been ok with either, but one is a Bronco, the other isn't. I hate playing the "oh man, we could have had this player game" Chubb's a Bronco, as a Bronco, unless he's a total pile of garbage, I will support him. Nate "Celebration Station" Webster comes to mind....screw that guy!

13. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    If Chubb plays at this level for another 10 years I have very little doubt he'll be in the Hall of Fame too.

15. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I’ve just got to say because this thread keeps popping up - I watched the KC/Indy playoff game and Nelson was completely ineffective. KC put tons of pressure on Luck and they just brought the pressure around him. I saw several plays where he blocked absolutely nobody, stood there with his hands out like a traffic cop because they chose to overload the other side, then he didn’t even help out the tackle on his side so Luck got hit.

Several times when they did line up on him square, the DT would drive him into the pocket like he was Max Garcia or something. I didn’t watch any Indy games except this one this year, but I will say that I wasn’t impressed by him at all and it more than solidified the decision to take Chubb over him in my mind. He might be a HOFer some day, but if you can just occupy him with your worst Dlinemen and rush the other gaps with your better ones, you can completely neutralize him.

Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was an all pro based more on name recognition than skill. Like Mike Iupati who was the other most hyped guard ever and was/is just okay at Guard but got lots of name recognition and problem/all pro nods thanks to the Mayocks and Kipers of the world. I know most wont agree with me, but it is what it is.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

So...you're saying he is not perfect, and played like a rookie in a big game. I guess those excuses are only good for QBs.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    So...you're saying he is not perfect, and played like a rookie in a big game. I guess those excuses are only good for QBs.
    No, I’m saying I don’t get the love and adoration for him. Especially because he’s a non-Bronco in the Broncos Talk forum. This should’ve been in the other teams forum to start with. People want to act like he is the reason for Indy’s turnaround. Let’s be honest here, Indy’s turnaround was because Luck came back, not because they drafted a guard with the #6 overall pick. Indy’s record would’ve been the same with or without Nelson.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    No, I’m saying I don’t get the love and adoration for him. Especially because he’s a non-Bronco in the Broncos Talk forum. People want to act like he is the reason for Indy’s turnaround. Let’s be honest here, Indy’s turnaround was because Luck came back, not because they drafted a guard with the #6 overall pick. Indy’s record would’ve been the same with or without Nelson.
    I haven't read where he is the sole reason for Indy's success. As Ziggy stated, some believed he would have been a great/safe pick, and his body of work over the season proved right. Rookie All Pro.....you can't dismiss that. I haven't read where anyone said, "I wish I had Nelson over Chubb." I would say their HC is the reason for the turnaround.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

HP....Luck did a hell of a job, and I'm not discounting him. It's a combination of things that the Colts had the significant turnaround this year. I don't love Nelson, but knew he would be a difference maker with his talent, and make everyone around him better. Colts are gonna be really good in years to come, if Reich keeps them on this path. Here's an article to describe their season....... https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...om-historic-t/

As far as why this is in Broncos Talk, I don't know.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information