Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: For the fans who wanted Quenton Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I don't think it's as simple as you want it to be. The top defenses also made it into the playoffs and both games needed OT to reach the #s you referenced. In this area of offensive friendly rules, I don't think 25 points is a high # st all.
    The Rams had an average defense. The Patriots defense was mocked for most of the year. The Bears lost. The vaunted Eagles defense lost. Of course one entire side of the ball is important, and of course scoring went down some in the playoffs like it always does. But I sure do see huge offensive numbers. I sure do see elite QB play. I sure do see rules favoring the defense. I sure do see every indication that offense is the way of the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    That's not the way it works... Von Miller is a known quantity... Goff, Wentz, Luck, Mahomes, they are all known quantities as well. The "next Goff, Wentz, ect..." is a crapshoot. You could draft a QB every year for the next 20 years with the top draft pick and your choice of every QB and never find them...

No chance in hell I'd trade miller for anything less than a PROVEN star and even then I wouldn't trade Von.
    As we witnessed yesterday, a strong defense keeps a Mahommes & a Brees in check. Granted.....NO got robbed, they still had a chance to win the game. But, the Rams defense came through. Same could be said for the Patriots. There were no shootouts, though they do look good in the regular season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    As we witnessed yesterday, a strong defense keeps a Mahommes & a Brees in check. Granted.....NO got robbed, they still had a chance to win the game. But, the Rams defense came through. Same could be said for the Patriots. There were no shootouts, though they do look good in the regular season.
    The Chiefs scored 30 points after a bad first half. The bad first half was more about a young QB being lost than a great Patriots defense. The Rams scored 26 points. The average winning score in the NFL for a winning team is 29 points. In the playoffs. Where defenses were allowed to play yesterday.

Embrace the evolution of the game.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Aside from last week's AFC games...this whole playoffs has shown strong D. Didn't NE get 14 points after a game losing INT? A Michael Dean Perry moment is the only thing that got NE to the 25 point total you referenced.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    The Chiefs scored 30 points after a bad first half. The bad first half was more about a young QB being lost than a great Patriots defense. The Rams scored 26 points. The average winning score in the NFL for a winning team is 29 points. In the playoffs. Where defenses were allowed to play yesterday.

Embrace the evolution of the game.
    So when scoring is down....its poor O, not good D? I'm done. You can't help but make excuses for any points against your made up arguments

So when scoring is down....its poor O, not good D? I'm done. You can't help but make excuses for any points against your made up arguments
    It's well known that scoring goes down in the playoffs a tad. Usually it's higher than three points. Do a thought exercise here - if great offenses sometimes have a drop in scoring (one game with LA and NO but not KC and NE) that is about a FG, how worse do you think it would be for teams with bad offenses?

Several times in both games the announcers noted that the refs were really letting the teams play. What does that tell you? The rules get relaxed on defense a bit. If you want to chalk that up to improved defense, go ahead. The logic doesn't follow.

Aside from last week's AFC games...this whole playoffs has shown strong D. Didn't NE get 14 points after a game losing INT? A Michael Dean Perry moment is the only thing that got NE to the 25 point total you referenced.
    So aside from about half the games?

Let's see here - The Chiefs scored 31 points against the Colts, a team lauded for defense. The Rams dropped 30 on the Cowboys, a team lauded for it's defense. The Patriots dropped 41 against the Chargers. And the Saints played a rough game and only had 20 points, and had a rough game last night and only had 23. The Chiefs and the Patriots lit up the scoreboard.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I agree with SA. It's not that Wentz doesn't have talent, but it would be foolish to trade Von for quarterback can't stay healthy. His talent doesn't do you bit a good if he ends up missing huge portions of the season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I agree with SA. It's not that Wentz doesn't have talent, but it would be foolish to trade Von for quarterback can't stay healthy. His talent doesn't do you bit a good if he ends up missing huge portions of the season.
    You at the link from PFT on the other page, the Eagles locker room agrees.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You at the link from PFT on the other page, the Eagles locker room agrees.
    I don't really put a lot of stock into anonymous quotes. For all we know, those were from players who didn't feel like they were getting the ball from him enough or something.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I don't really put a lot of stock into anonymous quotes. For all we know, those were from players who didn't feel like they were getting the ball from him enough or something.
    The fact that team leaders instantly spoke out here pretty much kabooshes the point. The fact that the Eagles are picking Wentz is telling, too.

13. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The fact that team leaders instantly spoke out here pretty much kabooshes the point. The fact that the Eagles are picking Wentz is telling, too.
    Yeah it tells you the Eagles have quite a bit invented a top five pick they took just a few short years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Yeah it tells you the Eagles have quite a bit invented a top five pick they took just a few short years ago.
    A guy who was leading the MVP charge and came back and was having a damn fine season. That team is about winning - if they thought Wentz wasnt' the best route they'd take action.

BUt it's a gooooooooooood daaaaaaaaaaay baaaaaaaaaaaaaaby!

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

It doesn't take a genius to know Eagles have many dollars invested into Wentz, and no other team would take on that contract. Eagles just better hope they find a solid backup at QB. Foles may flop the next team he goes to, but he knows that Eagles playbook, and plays at the next level for them. Wake me when Wentz gets to that point.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information