Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: For the fans who wanted Quenton Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    no. I would never wish harm upon you.
    You should - I'm a garbage man...wait...that's not my occupation. You know what I mean.

But we're celebrating tonight!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

They ought to give Nelson OROY over Baker and Barkley. I doubt it happens though.

Elway was never going to take Nelson, even if the Browns had taken Chubb at 4. I think even absent the trading partner in Buffalo, Elway would have gone with Ward over Nelson. It's even possible Elway had Mike McGlinchey above Nelson on his board.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Are you guys going to tell me that right now you wouldn't trade Von Miller for Jared Goff or Carson Wentz or Andrew Luck or Pat Mahomes? Any of them for Von? Yes. Yes, I would definitely do that since QB is so important.

IF you would trade for one of those guys, then you should be willing to trade for a draft pick to select the next Goff or Wentz or Mahomes. If you are convinced he's in the 2020 draft then it damn well better be the Broncos who gets him!
    That's not the way it works... Von Miller is a known quantity... Goff, Wentz, Luck, Mahomes, they are all known quantities as well. The "next Goff, Wentz, ect..." is a crapshoot. You could draft a QB every year for the next 20 years with the top draft pick and your choice of every QB and never find them...

No chance in hell I'd trade miller for anything less than a PROVEN star and even then I wouldn't trade Von.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

How in the hell did this thread gain so much steam?

Would anyone actually rather have Nelson over Chubb?
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    How in the hell did this thread gain so much steam?

Would anyone actually rather have Nelson over Chubb?
    It's the offseason, so that's why. Consensus was nobody really wanted Nelson over Chubb, rather the point of the thread was that Nelson warranted the draft value.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I don' think Wentz is a hope and dream. And even if he is, it's not in totality. And a known commodity sometimes has less potential in context. Even an above average QB is doing more for a team than an elite defensive player. And at worst Wentz is an above average QB.
    Draft picks man. Draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Draft picks man. Draft picks.
    Also positional value. The best player in a draft could be a kicker, no one should be drafting that highly. I just watched the four top scoring offenses make the championship games. One of them has a dominant defensive player. All of them have QB's. In fact, two teams had wiley veterans and two teams had young upstarts.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Also positional value. The best player in a draft could be a kicker, no one should be drafting that highly. I just watched the four top scoring offenses make the championship games. One of them has a dominant defensive player. All of them have QB's. In fact, two teams had wiley veterans and two teams had young upstarts.
    So you would deal Von for a pick?

So you would deal Von for a pick?
    Oh, multiple. But above I think Cugel was talking about swapping for someone like Wentz. Which we would be crazy to not do.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Oh, multiple. But above I think Cugel was talking about swapping for someone like Wentz. Which we would be crazy to not do.
    My initial comment was a response to the idea of Wentz or a high pick.

No to Wentz due to inability to stay healthy

No to a top pick which is a hope and a dream

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

If we were offered Wentz for Von straight up, it would be really difficult to say no. I love Von and want him to retire a bronco, but every player has a price, and that would be a tempting offer.

My initial comment was a response to the idea of Wentz or a high pick.

No to Wentz due to inability to stay healthy

No to a top pick which is a hope and a dream
    Well, Wentz is a great QB and defense isn't doing it in this league, and we aren't getting to the playoffs with Von....

If you can't nail down top draft picks the problem isn't with the picks its the front office. Ironically, everyone last year was telling me how we shouldn't take QBs because there were so many great draft picks who were surefire. This year I'm already hearing how we shouldn't take a QB (from some posters) because of all the great defensive talent. Then it somehow turns into hopes and dreams with picks.

More so than ever, it is a QB driven league. No steps to deal with a lack of QB = sad times.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Speaking of Wentz......I saw this coming when he took a seat, and Foles started playing again. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-carson-wentz/

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I don't think it's as simple as you want it to be. The top defenses also made it into the playoffs and both games yesterday needed OT to reach the #s you referenced. The first 2 rounds saw some good D and the 4 teams who moved on had been rested. In this area of offensive friendly rules, I don't think 25 points is a high # st all. If not for a tipped FG...Chicago would have made things very interesting. Much like Philly did.

16. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Speaking of Wentz......I saw this coming when he took a seat, and Foles started playing again. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-carson-wentz/
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ort-selfish-qb

They always want to tear down a bright young star.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information