Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: For the fans who wanted Quenton Nelson

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Imagine some anonymous broncos players came out against Von. Would you guys suddenly be screaming "trade Von!", or would you just dismiss them as bad teammates/cowards? Ultimately, if you already liked or disliked a player, something like this isn't going to change your mind. You'll just use it to affirm the narrative you already believe in.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    A guy who was leading the MVP charge and came back and was having a damn fine season. That team is about winning - if they thought Wentz wasnt' the best route they'd take action.

BUt it's a gooooooooooood daaaaaaaaaaay baaaaaaaaaaaaaaby!
    Ok and that in no way invalidates my point.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 01-21-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

You could argue, probably successfully, that the Broncos got to and won SB50 because of Von.

Elite defensive players CAN and have win SB's for their teams.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Isn't that why there is a conversation about Wentz in Broncos Talk, because some fans would entertain a trade of a SB MVP/ALL PRO/Team Captain Von Miller for an 'almost MVP' can't stay healthy QB? Granted, Wentz's 2017 season was going great, but I don't believe he'll be that same QB because of health issues that will plague him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

King....Wentz needs someone like Quetin Nelson blocking for him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    It doesn't take a genius to know Eagles have many dollars invested into Wentz, and no other team would take on that contract. Eagles just better hope they find a solid backup at QB. Foles may flop the next team he goes to, but he knows that Eagles playbook, and plays at the next level for them. Wake me when Wentz gets to that point.
    There are several things that are true.

One, Wentz has talent and has shown he can play in this League when healthy but that's the problem he hasn't been able to stay healthy.

Two, he was a top five pick just three years go so the Eagles have quite a bit invested in him so their not going to give up on him.

Three, even setting aside the monetary investment have in Wentz a lot of teams won't trade a known commodity like a Von Miller for a guy who has yet to prove he stay on the field.

Four, as much of a quiche as it is "a player's best ability is his availability" is still accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    King....Wentz needs someone like Quetin Nelson blocking for him.
    I love this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I agree with SA. It's not that Wentz doesn't have talent, but it would be foolish to trade Von for quarterback can't stay healthy. His talent doesn't do you bit a good if he ends up missing huge portions of the season.
    Well, don't worry about it, because the Eagles would never trade Wentz for anybody, including Von, so it won't happen.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Well, don't worry about it, because the Eagles would never trade Wentz for anybody, including Von, so it won't happen.
    I'm not worried in at all.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information