Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Elway on trading Von Miller

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Keep in mind i would have lost my shit had they traded Elway back in the day. Some players are just off limits in my opinion and Von is one of those. Again, Elway sounds like he is in desperation and its not a good look. Denver can easily keep Von and fix the few things that need fixing without giving away our best player. Just a huge no no for me as a fan.
    i hear what you are saying, but you have to stare reality in the face here. We ain’t gonna win shit with Keenum. If you don’t have a GOOD QB in today’s NFL, you suck. The QBs in this draft aren’t exactly heralded. We don’t have the first 9 picks anyways even if there was. The free agent QB market is garbage. The possibility of us getting a team changing qb rests only in the trade market. And the only blue chippers we have are Von and Harris. So yeah, it would be great if Von retired a Bronco, I love him. But he will retire on a team that hadnt made the playoffs his last 5 seasons if we don’t find a GOOD signal caller. Not sure he will even stick around for that.
    Last edited by atwater27; 01-05-2019 at 10:40 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Nothing but white noise here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    So much ado about nothing. A couple of us figured it was just the media stirring shit up. Of course he GM isn’t going to absolutely commit publicly to any player (if he’s smart) and will always listen to offers, but the idea that Elway is actively shopping him is absolutely false.
    So true, and the media JERK who started this issued an apology -

Mike Klis Retweeted
    Jon Heath
    ‏ @ByJonHeath
    16h16 hours ago

I apologize for a post on BW today about John Elway's response to a question about possibly trading Von Miller. While Elway did say the team will "look at all the possibilities," he did not seem to imply that it was a likely possibility and he did not bring up the topic himself.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    i hear what you are saying, but you have to stare reality in the face here. We ain’t gonna win shit with Keenum. If you don’t have a GOOD QB in today’s NFL, you suck. The QBs in this draft aren’t exactly heralded. We don’t have the first 9 picks anyways even if there was. The free agent QB market is garbage. The possibility of us getting a team changing qb rests only in the trade market. And the only blue chippers we have are Von and Harris. So yeah, it would be great if Von retired a Bronco, I love him. But he will retire on a team that hadnt made the playoffs his last 5 seasons if we don’t find a GOOD signal caller. Not sure he will even stick around for that.
    This team is a good coaching staff away from winning the division next year. The Broncos dominated the division under Manning, sure, but remember that Tim Tebow won a playoff game for this franchise as part of a defense/run-first philosophy. That model still works in the NFL, and many of the "franchise QBs" that we're seeing are nothing more than illusions of the guy having a strong roster behind him. Von is an impact player, and a top 20 player in the league. The only reason you let him walk is because of cash, which Elway and Ellis are going to gladly spend on Von for marketing reasons. Pass rushers have staying power, and it's frankly possible that Von plays into his late 30s.

Why would you trade away a guy who is going to be around for another 8 years, playing at a high level, and is going to one day represent the franchise in Canton?
    Anyone suggesting Von be traded away is an idiot. The Raiders traded Khalil away because their owner is broke, not for football reasons. From a football standpoint, it makes zero sense to let a pass rusher walk out your door.

6. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    I think Von’s next contract will be very team friendly.

But I say this. Belichick isn’t emo about any player. It’s hard. But he’s not. Imagine sucking the emotion out of any decision.
    And now the Pats have just about zero talent to show for it. BB the GM has lost a step.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Glad to hear it was fake news

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Von's Mom was some pissed off. Damn! LoL.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I feel like Elway could have just said "no we don't plan on trading Von Miller" and prevented all of this hullabaloo.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I feel like Elway could have just said "no we don't plan on trading Von Miller" and prevented all of this hullabaloo.
    You think if he ever sees Von's Mom coming down the hallway that he'll try to avoid her by hiding behind a plant?

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

What stood out to me:

https://www.9news.com/article/sports...8-42670d971dae
    Afterwards, Gloria Miller contacted 9NEWS with this statement:

"The post earlier to my private account AFTER getting the trade timer/alert was from a MOTHER'S perspective which with me is, and always will be, to protect my Son.

"During the year, Vance (Joseph) made several references to Von being the issue or Von's playing being the reason the team lost particular games.

"Being fed up with the coaches blaming Von, I, being the mother I've been for almost 30 years, stood up for my son. Von can't rush the QB, stop the RB and cover the WR/TE, get the interception and score all by himself. He's one player on that team. So that's why I posted what I did to my social media page.''
    Mama Miller mom wanted VJ fired too...

17. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You think if he ever sees Von's Mom coming down the hallway that he'll try to avoid her by hiding behind a plant?

19. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

VJ calling out Von is an all-time stupid coaching decision.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    But what we have left to talk about, the left guard for the Colts?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Von's Mom was some pissed off. Damn! LoL.
    Dont blame her, i would be to.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    And now the Pats have just about zero talent to show for it. BB the GM has lost a step.
    Except total depth in non sexy positions.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information