Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Elway on trading Von Miller

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    This is the most overblown bullshit load of gotcha reporting I’ve seen. End of year presser they ask about trading Von... why? 100% clickbait. Unless Elway immediately says, “no ******* way!!!”, something no GM in the league who has half a brain says, he’s immediately the villain. Elway said “we’ll look at everything”. He didn’t say, “we’re looking to move Von” but that’s how people are writing it and now Von’s mom is talking shit on Twitter.

Why would we trade Von? We have plenty of cap space, we have the #10 overall pick, and nobody is gonna trade a top QB in their prime for him - I’m talking Andrew Luck (the only thing that would be if equal value). It just won’t happen. But now the media jackasses feel the need to stir up shit for no reason and start trade rumors when none exist. It pisses me off. I can guarantee that Elway isn’t seriously considering trading Von but he can’t say that, either. No GM deals in absolutes.
    Sometimes its better to say "We are not moving Von" so i can kind of understand the concern especially after Von said he wanted to be a Bronco for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Sometimes its better to say "We are not moving Von" so i can kind of understand the concern especially after Von said he wanted to be a Bronco for life.
    It doesn't really matter. I mean it does, because we're men. But it doesn't because another Bronco was told he'd be a Bronco for life before being traded/not given a chance to restructure.

It's a business and a cruel one at that. I'd not mind it - a full blown rebuild would be beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    People though the Cowboys were crazy for trading Walker.
    Von will be thirty this year. Are his best days behind him? How many elite years does he have left, 2-3?
    I don’t want to see Von traded, but when you’re 6-10 you can’t take chips off the table, especially if they’re not quarterbacks and they’re 30. If someone wants to make the offer of a lifetime you at least listen to the offer..
    We just remodeled our great room and we love it. We’ve talked about retiring in this house and spending our golden years here, but if someone offered me 10% more than what it was worth I would listen to the offer.
    Elway is no dummy. He didn’t say Von was on the trading block. He said, guess what we suck! Nothing is off the table and Von isn’t a 30 year old quarterback, he’s a 30 year old linebacker. Most linebackers are done by the age of 30-32.
    But had Walker won a SB with the Cowboys? What if Reeves had traded Elway before Shanahan came along? Personally you've already invested the money into the player and he is the current face of the franchise so i would be pretty disappointed if we traded him because it just sounds like desperation at this point. The reason we are where we are as a franchise right now is directly because of John and his decision with coaches and QB's. I cant imagine John surviving trading Von especially when so many fans backed him when Reeves was entertaining the idea of replacing him way back when.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    It doesn't really matter. I mean it does, because we're men. But it doesn't because another Bronco was told he'd be a Bronco for life before being traded/not given a chance to restructure.

It's a business and a cruel one at that. I'd not mind it - a full blown rebuild would be beautiful.
    DT never had the impact that Von did, Von was SB50 MVP for a reason.

But had Walker won a SB with the Cowboys? What if Reeves had traded Elway before Shanahan came along? Personally you've already invested the money into the player and he is the current face of the franchise so i would be pretty disappointed if we traded him because it just sounds like desperation at this point. The reason we are where we are as a franchise right now is directly because of John and his decision with coaches and QB's. I cant imagine John surviving trading Von especially when so many fans backed him when Reeves was entertaining the idea of replacing him way back when.
    I would also be disappointed if we traded Von.

Trading Elway compared to Von is apples & oranges because Von is not a quarterback.

I will reiterate, I would be disappointed if we trade Von. However he shouldn’t be off the table, not at the age of 30. Listening to offers is smart.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

DT never had the impact that Von did, Von was SB50 MVP for a reason.
    The point is that DT was/wasn't what Von Miller. It's just that it's a business and executives will do whatever they think is best. Even if it isn't. Von's great play doesn't insulate him from this, IMO.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The point is that DT was/wasn't what Von Miller. It's just that it's a business and executives will do whatever they think is best. Even if it isn't. Von's great play doesn't insulate him from this, IMO.
    Maybe, but it would certainly affect me as a fan that i do know. I would lose faith in this entire franchise if he traded him away no question.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Maybe, but it would certainly affect me as a fan that i do know. I would lose faith in this entire franchise if he traded him away no question.
    Even for three first rounders? I'm not fan policing you - I'm just shocked I guess. I remember when my father sat me down and he said "Boy, listen. You're a commodity. Everyone is a commodity. They'll throw you away. Also, you're fat and stupid."

Oh, dad. We had the best times.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Even for three first rounders? I'm not fan policing you - I'm just shocked I guess. I remember when my father sat me down and he said "Boy, listen. You're a commodity. Everyone is a commodity. They'll throw you away. Also, you're fat and stupid."

Lol, Denver isnt getting 3 first rounders. Just not going to happen.

Lol, Denver isnt getting 3 first rounders. Just not going to happen.
    It was just a hypo, you big bully.

14. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Keep in mind i would have lost my shit had they traded Elway back in the day. Some players are just off limits in my opinion and Von is one of those. Again, Elway sounds like he is in desperation and its not a good look. Denver can easily keep Von and fix the few things that need fixing without giving away our best player. Just a huge no no for me as a fan.

Keep in mind i would have lost my shit had they traded Elway back in the day. Some players are just off limits in my opinion and Von is one of those. Again, Elway sounds like he is in desperation and its not a good look. Denver can easily keep Von and fix the few things that need fixing without giving away our best player. Just a huge no no for me as a fan.
    See, I don't disagree with this, either. Elway was a physical monster. Even on his last days he had plus side athleticism. Trading him when Reeves wanted to do so is insane. Von is one, but he's 30. I think that's the deciding factor for me. These are the best conversations, because it's a possibility, maybe, theoretical, and makes you think.

I appreciate your ability to do these things. Even if you're a big ole viking bully picking on a defenseless prince.

17. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

It was just a hypo, you big bully.
    #hypo. I like it.

I'd trade Von for Stafford and re-sign Barrett. But that's just me. Our FO likes to drink too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

He's not being traded.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information