Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Elway on trading Von Miller

Default Elway on trading Von Miller

Are we not going to talk about this?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-in-offseason

John Elway Says Broncos Might Explore Potential Von Miller Trade in Offseason
    MIKE CHIARI
    JANUARY 4, 2019

DENVER, CO - DECEMBER 15: Von Miller #58 of the Denver Broncos in action during the game against the Cleveland Browns at Broncos Stadium at Mile High on December 15, 2018 in Denver, Colorado. The Browns defeated the Broncos 17-16. (Photo by Rob Leiter via Getty Images)
    Rob Leiter/Getty Images
    Denver Broncos general manager John Elway isn't ruling out the possibility of trading superstar pass-rusher Von Miller this offseason.

According to Jon Heath of USA Today's Broncos Wire, Elway didn't label Miller as untouchable when asked about potentially trading him during the team's end-of-season press conference: "I think we're going to visit all that. I think we have to look at all the possibilities and get an evaluation of that."

Miller enjoyed one of the best seasons of his career in 2018 with 48 tackles, 14.5 sacks, four forced fumbles and one interception en route to being named a Pro Bowler and Second Team All-Pro.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

2. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

For the record, I think this would be a nail in the coffin for Elway. Miller is a once in a generation player that few teams get a chance to have. I do not like this move and I think if Elway does this the fan base would be more divided then the Plummer/Cutler wars.

We are not the raiders. You don’t trade a star pass rusher for a draft pick. Only trade that would make sense is a straight up trade for Aaron Rogers. Anything else is dumb.

Also Von Millers mom just let Elway have it on Twitter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	86F3A9C6-301A-40DD-BA8D-97411582601A.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	13498
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Elway doesn't want a real rebuild, is the assumption we're going off of because he's said so, but that was a year ago. So, assume that's still true and it would probably take a massive haul for Von. One so big no team would actually send.

Assume it's not true, then we are doing a full blown rebuild.

Splendid. Hope the haul is enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

If Elway were to trade Miller for anything short of a top 5 QB in the game (not draft, top 5 in the league) he'd be a fool and it might precipitate his departure.

7. The Following 7 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Or maybe Elway doesn't want to make any statements that would aid other teams by giving them a shred of even the most inconsequential intel. If I was Elway, I'd love if I could dupe Gruden waist his time trying to figure out to make something happen that I know for a fact isn't going to happen. I'd also take Von aside to explain what I'm up to & why. Then I'd swear him to secrecy about the whole matter. But nothing that I just type will be given serious consideration by anyone who's turned anti-Elway because they'd rather focus on inventing evidence supporting their desire to get rid of him.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    We rebuilding and he's going to be on the decline, albeit a slow one.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Much ado about nothing. Zero indication that ne wants to deal him. People just pulled what would make a good story amd ran with it. "Anyone is tradable and we always look to improve" is coach speak 101.

14. The Following 8 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Mama Von pissed! She's got some points, too.

But you only trade Von if it's objectively best for the team, and even then, it should be slightly better than that because Von is awesome to have on your team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

This is the most overblown bullshit load of gotcha reporting I’ve seen. End of year presser they ask about trading Von... why? 100% clickbait. Unless Elway immediately says, “no ******* way!!!”, something no GM in the league who has half a brain says, he’s immediately the villain. Elway said “we’ll look at everything”. He didn’t say, “we’re looking to move Von” but that’s how people are writing it and now Von’s mom is talking shit on Twitter.

Why would we trade Von? We have plenty of cap space, we have the #10 overall pick, and nobody is gonna trade a top QB in their prime for him - I’m talking Andrew Luck (the only thing that would be if equal value). It just won’t happen. But now the media jackasses feel the need to stir up shit for no reason and start trade rumors when none exist. It pisses me off. I can guarantee that Elway isn’t seriously considering trading Von but he can’t say that, either. No GM deals in absolutes.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

18. The Following 5 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    This is the most overblown bullshit load of gotcha reporting I’ve seen. End of year presser they ask about trading Von... why? 100% clickbait. Unless Elway immediately says, “no ******* way!!!”, something no GM in the league who has half a brain says, he’s immediately the villain. Elway said “we’ll look at everything”. He didn’t say, “we’re looking to move Von” but that’s how people are writing it and now Von’s mom is talking shit on Twitter.

Why would we trade Von? We have plenty of cap space, we have the #10 overall pick, and nobody is gonna trade a top QB in their prime for him - I’m talking Andrew Luck (the only thing that would be if equal value). It just won’t happen. But now the media jackasses feel the need to stir up shit for no reason and start trade rumors when none exist. It pisses me off. I can guarantee that Elway isn’t seriously considering trading Von but he can’t say that, either. No GM deals in absolutes.
    Therefore...no GMs are Sith.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Sucks to hear the Broncos are entertaining this. Von is the face of the Broncos.

21. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Von Miller’s mom isn’t happy with John Elway
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...th-john-elway/

“I think we’re going to visit all that,” Elway said. “I think we have to look all the possibilities and get an evaluation of that. One thing that has to happen is we have to play better. Our great players have to play better, too. Again, when we’re going around and trying to assess blame — which we don’t, we’re trying to find solutions not assess blame. We’re trying to evaluate what went on and then find solutions. One of the solutions is that we’re going to need our core guys to play better. Von, he had a good year this year. Can Von play better? Yeah, I think Von can play better. That’s part of the new thing when that comes in with the next coach.”

Wrote Miller’s mom in response on Instagram: “Not because he’s my Son but, he’s the main reason Denver won the Super Bowl. Von’s NOT the problem the problem is Elway … EVERY QB he’s brought in was a fluke!! He wants to halfass pay the vets but wants them to perform at a high caliber. He has no clue on drafting at any position. He needs to work on an offensive line & QB. Trading Von isn’t the answer but best of luck with that. Elway has wasted more money on QBs than ANY TEAM IN THE NFL. I get it it’s easier to blame Von but it’s NOT HIM. #WhatupDallas #SendJerryJobysNumber.”

Von’s father spoke to Klis about the situation.

“We would much rather Von spend the rest of his career in Denver, but we don’t have any control over it. And his mom feels the same way. With all honesty, we’re Denver fans for life. We’re Denver parents for life. But that’s the only control we have.”

23. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

People though the Cowboys were crazy for trading Walker.
    Von will be thirty this year. Are his best days behind him? How many elite years does he have left, 2-3?
    I don’t want to see Von traded, but when you’re 6-10 you can’t take chips off the table, especially if they’re not quarterbacks and they’re 30. If someone wants to make the offer of a lifetime you at least listen to the offer..
    We just remodeled our great room and we love it. We’ve talked about retiring in this house and spending our golden years here, but if someone offered me 10% more than what it was worth I would listen to the offer.
    Elway is no dummy. He didn’t say Von was on the trading block. He said, guess what we suck! Nothing is off the table and Von isn’t a 30 year old quarterback, he’s a 30 year old linebacker. Most linebackers are done by the age of 30-32.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 01-04-2019 at 10:41 PM.

25. The Following 5 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    People though the Cowboys were crazy for trading Walker.
    Von will be thirty this year. Are his best days behind him? How many elite years does he have left, 2-3?
    I don’t want to see Von traded, but when you’re 6-10 you can’t take chips off the table, especially if they’re not quarterbacks and they’re 30. If someone wants to make the offer of a lifetime you at least listen to the offer..
    We just remodeled our great room and we love it. We’ve talked about retiring in this house and spending our golden years here, but if someone offered me 10% more than what it was worth I would listen to the offer.
    Elway is no dummy. He didn’t say Von was on the trading block. He said, guess what we suck! Noting is off the table and Von isn’t a 30 year old quarterback, he’s a 30 year old linebacker. Most linebackers are done by the age of 30-32.
    If we didn't take two firsts for him, maybe a second or two, we'd be negligent.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information