Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Elway on trading Von Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    But had Walker won a SB with the Cowboys? What if Reeves had traded Elway before Shanahan came along? Personally you've already invested the money into the player and he is the current face of the franchise so i would be pretty disappointed if we traded him because it just sounds like desperation at this point. The reason we are where we are as a franchise right now is directly because of John and his decision with coaches and QB's. I cant imagine John surviving trading Von especially when so many fans backed him when Reeves was entertaining the idea of replacing him way back when.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    He's not being traded.
    You’re being traded.

He's not being traded.
    WTF are we gonna do until September?!?!

Also, I miss you, Ass. I miss you like we miss Malik the freak.

3. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    You’re being traded.
    Al Wilson is one of my all time favorites. And for that, I love you. #nohomo

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    But had Walker won a SB with the Cowboys? What if Reeves had traded Elway before Shanahan came along? Personally you've already invested the money into the player and he is the current face of the franchise so i would be pretty disappointed if we traded him because it just sounds like desperation at this point. The reason we are where we are as a franchise right now is directly because of John and his decision with coaches and QB's. I cant imagine John surviving trading Von especially when so many fans backed him when Reeves was entertaining the idea of replacing him way back when.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Al Wilson is one of my all time favorites. And for that, I love you. #nohomo
    I was heartbroken when we moved on from Al.
    Do you remember how old he was when his body started to break down?
    Let’s also talk about Navarro Bowman, or Demarcus Ware, or the list goes on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I was heartbroken when we moved on from Al.
    Do you remember how old he was when his body started to break down?
    Let’s also talk about Navarro Bowman, or Demarcus Ware, or the list goes on and on.
    First major anything I ever went to was a Broncos/Brown game in Cleveland in 2006. I remember being about 5 feet from him. He was trying to take off it gloves but had trouble with the tape. I'll never forget that. My dad took me. We never went anywhere. This was literally the only sporting event we ever went to. My dad never took me places. It warms my hear when I see you take your kid places. It means a lot. What may seem like a waste of money can be a lifetime memory. All I remember is the feeling of being there. All my dad remembers is the price. You're a good man, Al. Keep doing you.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I think Von’s next contract will be very team friendly.

But I say this. Belichick isn’t emo about any player. It’s hard. But he’s not. Imagine sucking the emotion out of any decision.

9. The Following 5 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    I think Von’s next contract will be very team friendly.

But I say this. Belichick isn’t emo about any player. It’s hard. But he’s not. Imagine sucking the emotion out of any decision.
    I can't remember if I met you in 2015 or not.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

But did Bill B ever ship anyone of Vons caliber?

Negatory Big Ben.

It would be a horrible trade and Elway would deserve all the criticism he's taking.

Let's take a look at the Kalil Mack trade by comparison and we can see exactly WHY it would be an insane idea.

First of all the Raiders don't have to care what their fans think. They are done with Oakland. They pissed all over their fan base with the decision to move to Las Vegas. They can burn down the franchise and then rebuild it in Vegas and not care.

Is Denver in position to tell all the fans to get stuffed for a move that might (but in all likelihood would NOT pay off) in maybe 3 years? No.

Even so, the trade was TERRIBLE for Oakland. Of course they FAILED to get equal value for Mack! Denver would never get equal value for Von either.

The Bears gave up their 1st round pick in 2019, plus their 1st rounder in 2020, plus a 3rd rounder in 2020 and a 6th rounder in 2019. But they also gave UP a 2nd round pick in 2019 and a conditional 5th rounder in 2020.

Sandy Clough tells why this sucks for Oakland. What team would trade for Von? Answer: a team like the Bears that feels that it is one elite pass rusher away from competing for championships. The bears got Mack, then suddenly went to 12-4 and currently have the 28th pick of the draft.

NO top 10 team is going to trade for Von because they need everything and can't afford to give up so much draft capital unless it's for a QB.

Meanwhile the Raiders finished 4-12 and have the 4th pick of the draft.

SO - in 2019 the Bears give up their #28 pick (maybe worse if they go to the SB). That is worth 660 points.

Then in 2020, the Bears give up their 1st rounder. We don't know what that is worth, but a 1st round pick in 2020 is considered by NFL teams to be equal to a 2nd round pick in 2019. Such trades happen from time to time (McMoron traded a first in 2010 for a 2nd in 2009 - turned out to be Darcel McBath).

The present trade value of that pick is the 28th pick of the 2nd round (2019) and is worth - 290 points. 290 + 660 = 950 points = the 17th pick of the 1st. Mack was the 5th pick of the draft in 2014.

It is likely that the Bears will be good again in 2020, while the Raiders are still lucky to win 8 games. So, the Bears get Oakland's high 2nd round draft pick in 2020 and give up their own low 1st round. The difference if the teams records remained the same in 2020 would be about 110 points = to the first pick of the 4th round.

So, Oakland got royally screwed. Completely hosed. They essentially traded Mack for a mid first round pick. Plus a 3rd or 4th rounder in 2020.

They don't care because they were TRYING TO TANK now in order to get picks they could use when they are in Vegas in 2 years. They don't have to win anything right now and they won exactly 4 games.

The same thing would happen if the Broncos traded Von. They would have to trade him to a team that is one pass rusher away from the SB. Then Denver gets the 28th pick or something!

HORRIBLE trade for the Raiders. It would be a horrible trade for Denver.

And this doesn't even include the fact that you can't necessarily get a player equal to Von Miller even with the #1 pick of this year's draft. He's a Hall of Famer.

Go ahead Elway. Put your feet in cement shoes with this if you dare. But, nobody is ever going to forgive you if it doesn't work out. And it almost certainly won't work out.

(They would not get a veteran franchise QB out of the deal, it would be for a draft pick so let's not discuss that).
    Last edited by Cugel; 01-04-2019 at 11:49 PM.

14. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Well, he would have if Robert Kraft hadn’t pulled the “owner” card over tom brady.

16. The Following User High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Also, can we at least get past the playoffs before we start the off season stupidity?

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I can't remember if I met you in 2015 or not.
    Did you have a tramp stamp?

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Did you have a tramp stamp?
    No. That’s pudge.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Seymour on the backside.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information