Page 58 of 83 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Broncos News

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

John Elway talks about his hand condition which has plagued him for 15 years

https://www.today.com/health/football-legend-john-elway-his-debilitating-hand-disorder-t161135
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

2. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    nevermind that. . . get the pitchforks!
    Seeing tidbits like that from the coaches really reminds me how completely uninformed most of us are about what we're seeing, especially when it comes to stuff like offensive line play and defensive coverage. It's easy to see a guy holding or missing a block, or to see a defender let a guy get by him in coverage and to criticize those players for mistakes, but in reality we have no idea what any of those players blocking or coverage assignments were on those plays.

So basically, we're pretty much all full of shit when talking about all this.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Nalen and Schlereth both say that no chip by Fumagali would have made a difference in that scenario. Nalen said his footwork is so off to start with that the only thing that stops him from having 25 holds a year is luck (refs feel sorry for him) and that he has the athleticism to come back from his early footing issues quicker. I take the word of those 2 as pretty much gospel on anything oline related.

Of course the team is going to protect the guy...he's a number one pick with no value players to replace him. They're stuck with him.
    Last edited by GEM; 08-22-2019 at 10:57 AM.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala 1h
    Chris Harris on special teams: “I guess the kids don’t really understand this is how you make the team.”

Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala 1h
    Harris Jr. on the Broncos special teams woes: “It’s just want-to. I think we need more dog in us on special teams.”

Nick Rothschild @nick_rothschild 1h
    Chris Harris Jr. (@ChrisHarrisJr) says the defense is starting to come together under Vic Fangio, still room for improvement but felt the starters dominated San Francisco #Denver7
    In regards to Harris ST comment...send them to talk to Davis.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Ty VD
    Love me some VonDoom, but I could never say thank you "VD". Just doesn't seem right

10. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Ty VD
    Love me some VonDoom, but I could never say thank you "VD". Just doesn't seem right
    Why does it remind you of VJ

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Nalen and Schlereth both say that no chip by Fumagali would have made a difference in that scenario. Nalen said his footwork is so off to start with that the only thing that stops him from having 25 holds a year is luck (refs feel sorry for him) and that he has the athleticism to come back from his early footing issues quicker. I take the word of those 2 as pretty much gospel on anything oline related.

Of course the team is going to protect the guy...he's a number one pick with no value players to replace him. They're stuck with him.
    Not saying Bolles is excused for that particular play, but hearing that insight from Fangio does make you stop for a second and remember that so much more goes on in a football game than we're aware of when watching on TV. I just try to remember that before unleashing the hot takes, but it doesn't always happen.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Not saying Bolles is excused for that particular play, but hearing that insight from Fangio does make you stop for a second and remember that so much more goes on in a football game than we're aware of when watching on TV. I just try to remember that before unleashing the hot takes, but it doesn't always happen.
    Fumagali did chip on that play, he has to chip and go out for his route. He can't stick back there and hold Bolles up. If it were a legit reason for Bolles to do it once again, then I'd appreciate it. As it stands and after hearing 2 really really good olinemen talk about it, it really just comes out as lip service from the coach to protect a guy who is his own worst enemy. He's got a badass oline coach who can definitely coach him up, but he would have to relearn everything in his stance. He's got the heart of a warrior and the makes of a great teammate, if only he was a better player. Hoping he sees the light and makes some changes.

15. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Fumagali did chip on that play, he has to chip and go out for his route. He can't stick back there and hold Bolles up. If it were a legit reason for Bolles to do it once again, then I'd appreciate it. As it stands and after hearing 2 really really good olinemen talk about it, it really just comes out as lip service from the coach to protect a guy who is his own worst enemy. He's got a badass oline coach who can definitely coach him up, but he would have to relearn everything in his stance. He's got the heart of a warrior and the makes of a great teammate, if only he was a better player. Hoping he sees the light and makes some changes.
    My point was more of an overall one than about that play in particular. That play just bought it to my mind.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Not to mention he already has a reputation around the League as a Holding machine. Refs who may give some leeway on general play sometimes will give him none and eye him even closer.

My point was more of an overall one than about that play in particular. That play just bought it to my mind.
    They were calling out plays on the radio yesterday, Schlereth was breaking down everything that is said in a play call. It's crazy just how much one play call from the qb tells the players. So yea, there is a ton that happens that we don't know about. I just think with Bolles, it's a systematic breakdown that he's in the worst position before the play even starts so he's moving backwards the minute ball is to the qb. I was hoping that with Munchak, that would be what they worked on, but old habits die hard. He looked better the first 2 games and then went back to his same issues. Then popping off with comments like they finally got me a Guard... dude your issues aren't who is playing next to you, your issue is you.

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Seeing tidbits like that from the coaches really reminds me how completely uninformed most of us are about what we're seeing, especially when it comes to stuff like offensive line play and defensive coverage. It's easy to see a guy holding or missing a block, or to see a defender let a guy get by him in coverage and to criticize those players for mistakes, but in reality we have no idea what any of those players blocking or coverage assignments were on those plays.

So basically, we're pretty much all full of shit when talking about all this.
    Alright guys, let’s shut this board down

Why does it remind you of VJ
    Venereal disease
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Gem,

I cant really go with that. If he was doing lip service to him then he would be throwing Troy under the bus. Vic is a no nonsense kinda guy. He does not do that. He does not do lip service. He does not throw guys under the bus. Fangio is a mobster, hes a Don. He said Andrew Lock is a baseball pitcher and not a QB. I cannot agree it was any sort of anything. I am inclined to go with the coach who knew the play and the job of each player - when he said that Troy should have chipped I am going to go with the fact that Troy should have chipped.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

23. The Following 4 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Gem,

I cant really go with that. If he was doing lip service to him then he would be throwing Troy under the bus. Vic is a no nonsense kinda guy. He does not do that. He does not do lip service. He does not throw guys under the bus. Fangio is a mobster, hes a Don. He said Andrew Lock is a baseball pitcher and not a QB. I cannot agree it was any sort of anything. I am inclined to go with the coach who knew the play and the job of each player - when he said that Troy should have chipped I am going to go with the fact that Troy should have chipped.
    Troy did chip. That's the issue. He has to chip and move out for his route. He can't chip and hang with Bolles because Bolles can't hang with his guy. If this were a once in awhile thing, I'd believe it. It happens alot, and it doesn't even get called on all the times he does it. When 2 guys like Nalen and Schlereth say his foot placement is a problem before the ball is even snapped, I listen. They played the oline, they've watched now 3 years of tape on the kid. There is a reason it keeps happening and it isn't a chip from a TE.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information