Page 18 of 83 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Broncos News

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Get your ice fishing gear out, Gary.

Has SF given permission yet on their QB coach? Any news of any other OC candidates being interviewed?

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Permission granted

4. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Permission granted
    lynch knew better-- he didn't want to get joe staley's jersey wrapped around a fish head. . .

the guy is off the radar, but i'm okay with that. . . all the talent getting hired on O these days is raw, and he's had some experience around a proven high quality play-caller who runs a modernized version of the system we want to run. . . and more importantly, he's a guy who, however briefly, has also had direct experience in coaching young QBs who have produced at a decent level very early in their developmental curve. . . the evidence is certainly limited, but that's how it goes these days. . . if you think he can get results with QBs, then by all means take a chance on him. . .

whatever you think of mini-shanny as a HC, his credentials as an OC are top notch. . . the last time we saw him, he was coaching matt ryan to since-unmatched MVP heights, and getting his team to the precipice of a championship. . . he's gotta answer for the bad pass call, like carlo had to answer for sonny, but one one bad call doesn't make a bad coach. . . ask pete carroll. . . given the production kyle has gotten out of still-raw jimmy G, random scrub backups, and some mostly odds and ends weapons, i'll take one of his disciples. . . matt breida, goodwin, george mothereffing kittle!! give him lindsay and freeman, a munchak coached line, sutton and the boys, plus whatever FAs and draft picks we add, and that should be a solid base for whatever QB(s) they end up rolling with next year. . . very much a work in progress, for sure, but the cupboard won't be bare. . . any hire that can't do better than muskrat's uninspired ass won't be much of a hire. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    lynch knew better-- he didn't want to get joe staley's jersey wrapped around a fish head. . .

the guy is off the radar, but i'm okay with that. . . all the talent getting hired on O these days is raw, and he's had some experience around a proven high quality play-caller who runs a modernized version of the system we want to run. . . and more importantly, he's a guy who, however briefly, has also had direct experience in coaching young QBs who have produced at a decent level very early in their developmental curve. . . the evidence is certainly limited, but that's how it goes these days. . . if you think he can get results with QBs, then by all means take a chance on him. . .

whatever you think of mini-shanny as a HC, his credentials as an OC are top notch. . . the last time we saw him, he was coaching matt ryan to since-unmatched MVP heights, and getting his team to the precipice of a championship. . . he's gotta answer for the bad pass call, like carlo had to answer for sonny, but one one bad call doesn't make a bad coach. . . ask pete carroll. . . given the production kyle has gotten out of still-raw jimmy G, random scrub backups, and some mostly odds and ends weapons, i'll take one of his disciples. . . matt breida, goodwin, george mothereffing kittle!! give him lindsay and freeman, a munchak coached line, sutton and the boys, plus whatever FAs and draft picks we add, and that should be a solid base for whatever QB(s) they end up rolling with next year. . . very much a work in progress, for sure, but the cupboard won't be bare. . . any hire that can't do better than muskrat's uninspired ass won't be much of a hire. . .
    He has more experience than it would seem at first, it’s mostly FCS level, but gigs at UC Davis, who has run a pretty high-powered, spread offense since the 90s. He was JT O’Sullivan’s quarterback coach. Sullivan had a cup of coffee in the 2000s.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    He has more experience than it would seem at first, it’s mostly FCS level, but gigs at UC Davis, who has run a pretty high-powered, spread offense since the 90s. He was JT O’Sullivan’s quarterback coach. Sullivan had a cup of coffee in the 2000s.
    thanks, MO. . . given that he's now an NFL coach, college experience is all to the good these days. . . right? if it helps him connect with younger QBs, all the better. . . spread concepts, too. . . modern OCs need to be diverse-- thanks, beef!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    thanks, MO. . . given that he's now an NFL coach, college experience is all to the good these days. . . right? if it helps him connect with younger QBs, all the better. . . spread concepts, too. . . modern OCs need to be diverse-- thanks, beef!
    Let’s run some shitgun!

“Fire that ******* pigskin!”

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Everything I've heard about him is that he's a student of the game. He's had a strong desire to learn Shanny Jr's offense and during his time in the college ranks studied his offense there. He's apparently worked very hard to learn since joining his staff in 2015 and he's worked wonders with the crap QB talent available to him.

Personally, I have to wonder how much of that is him and how much is Shanny Jr., however, he's always mentioned as playing a very big role in the development of the SF QB's last year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Bradley Chubb, Phillip Lindsay selected to 2018 PFWA All-Rookie Team

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/b...ll-rookie-team

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

13. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Report: 49ers hire Joe Woods to oversee pass defense

SANTA CLARA — Joe Woods, most recently the Denver Broncos defensive coordinator, is reportedly joining the 49ers defensive staff.

Woods will serve as the 49ers defense’s passing game coordinator while Robert Saleh returns for his third season as defensive coordinator under coach Kyle Shanahan, NFL Network’s Mike Garfolo reported Tuesday.

Woods presumably fills the void created by secondary coach Jeff Hafley’s departure earlier this month to serve as co-coordinator of Ohio State’s defense.
    rest - https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/01/...-pass-defense/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Phillip Lindsay
    ‏Verified account @I_CU_boy
    17h17 hours ago

The best award I have ever won, or could win was the scout team player of the year award my redshirt freshman year. It truly made me into the player I am today. �������� #Dreamchase

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Tight ends in the NFC West are licking their chops.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Tight ends in the NFC West are licking their chops.
    I don't think they meant to include the word "over". I think they meant to hire Joe Woods to see pass defense.

"Look Joe, THAT'S pass defense. Did you see that? Hold on, play clock is running down. Watch, we'll show you again. "

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Mike Klis
    ‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    4m4 minutes ago

Broncos are bringing in former Denver guard Chris Kuper for interview as assistant OL coach, per sources. Kuper coached past 3 seasons for Adam Gase in Miami. Kuper is well regarded by Broncos and he would be learning from the best in new OL coach Mike Munchak. #9sports

Mike Klis
    ‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    2h2 hours ago

Confirming Broncos have hired Wade Harman as their new TE coach, per source (1st by @RapSheet). He worked with new OC Rich Scangarello in Atlanta in 2015. So Geep Chryst won’t return. #9sports

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

21. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Nicki Jhabvala
    ‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala
    11m11 minutes ago

Broncos WR coach Zach Azzanni will indeed return. RBs coach Curtis Modkins is expected to as well.

Both coached alongside Vic Fangio in Chicago in 2017.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

23. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information