Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos are believed to be eyeing John Harbaugh, Mike Shanahan

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    All of that success basically stemmed from signing Manning. As great and historic of a signing as that was, he can't hang his hat on that forever. We eventually have to win post Manning. If our next coach and QB are flops, it's going to get harder and harder to justify letting him still run things.
    Elway has played a part in all three SB wins.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    He brought us to 2 SBs since 2012 and you are high af. You must of not been around pre Elway. THAT was a shit show
    He brought in Fox and a strong defense could win a weak division.

He hit the lottery with PFM, who brought us great defensive FAs. And we were lucky that it all lined up for us. What happens if we get Manning but Ware, Ward, Talib, aren't available? A lot of it was luck, and he's done poorly for awhile now.

Let's tell the whole story, now. I believe in him. I tink he will make the changes to his style that he needs. But there are no sacred cows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Elway has played a part in all three SB wins.
    And I'll be eternally greatful for that. But are you suggesting that gives him a job for life? I'm not saying we should fire him right now, but he eventually has to get this thing back on track. I have faith that he can do it, hence me not wanting him gone right now. But it will be hard to keep that faith if he mangles another head coach hire and QB pick.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

All of that success basically stemmed from signing Manning. As great and historic of a signing as that was, he can't hang his hat on that forever. We eventually have to win post Manning. If our next coach and QB are flops, it's going to get harder and harder to justify letting him still run things.
    But it also came from moving on from Tebow. The fans were rabid about him. Elway took a lot of heat for that. He also drafted Von Miller, hired Kubiak (that coaching hire proved to be key more than anything) and put Wade in as DC. It wasn’t all Manning. Look at the key vets he hired as well. I know Manning brought alot of Ws and excitement but Elway was the one who had to give him a reason to come here in the first place.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

8. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

But it also came from moving on from Tebow. The fans were rabid about him. Elway took a lot of heat for that. He also drafted Von Miller, hired Kubiak (that coaching hire proved to be key more than anything) and put Wade in as DC. It wasn’t all Manning. Look at the key vets he hired as well. I know Manning brought alot of Ws and excitement but Elway was the one who had to give him a reason to come here in the first place.
    I give him full credit for the Manning signing an the fuits it bore. It was a great job on his part. But a free agent like Manning comes around once in a lifetime. He needs to prove that he can find us a QB when a HoF guy doesn't magically hit the market.

It bothers me when people say Elway got lucky. The guy worked hard and did his homework. He was very aggressive at building a championship team. We are now rebuilding and fans want to dump on him. Smh
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

No, he cant but its WAY to early to start throwing him to the wolves in my opinion.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i want to keep believing in 7. . . the coaching candidates we're looking at kinda make me wish he'd retired, though. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    No, he cant but its WAY to early to start throwing him to the wolves in my opinion.
    I agree it's too early and I've said as much.

It's kinda hard to win after SBs. The Packers still have an elite QB and still went to shit. I'm not happy with Elway but given the success he's had, he has a very long leash. Elway is the Denver Broncos. He's going to be here for a while. He's earned it. I hope he works out a way to own the team.

17. The Following 5 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

And I'll be eternally greatful for that. But are you suggesting that gives him a job for life? I'm not saying we should fire him right now, but he eventually has to get this thing back on track. I have faith that he can do it, hence me not wanting him gone right now. But it will be hard to keep that faith if he mangles another head coach hire and QB pick.
    It's been three f'ing years since SB50. Give the guy a break.

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Rabid in both love and hate. And he signed PFM. That ended the heat pretty quick.

Regarding Von Miller - that was the obvious pick. We know what JFE does when the first round pick isn't obvious. He struggles. I'll defend some of those struggles (Ray and Bolles) and won't defend others - (Denver reportedly knew Lynch was lazy).

He hired Kubiak who won a SB on a loaded roster. Kubiak's offense never did a damn thing, and it went down in production after he forced Manning to play his system. Make no mistake, Kubiak's main contribution was being average and stable.

Kubiak had his choice of DC and got Wade. That was actually his main contribution.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He brought in Fox and a strong defense could win a weak division.

He hit the lottery with PFM, who brought us great defensive FAs. And we were lucky that it all lined up for us. What happens if we get Manning but Ware, Ward, Talib, aren't available? A lot of it was luck, and he's done poorly for awhile now.

Let's tell the whole story, now. I believe in him. I tink he will make the changes to his style that he needs. But there are no sacred cows.
    Winning championships is luck anyway. Its about chemistry, solid coaching, staying healthy, and good players. All of those things were a direct result of John mother****ing Elway. I get it, John is responsible for guys like VJ, Keenum, etc but you cant let that overshadow the great things he has done since becoming GM.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

It bothers me when people say Elway got lucky. The guy worked hard and did his homework. He was very aggressive at building a championship team. We are now rebuilding and fans want to dump on him. Smh
    There is an element of luck to a guy like Manning hitting the market. To Elway's credit he took full advantage when half the league was after him. I'm not downplaying anything Elway did to bring us that ring. But now he has to do it the old-fashioned way. Draft and develop. The jury is still out on if he can.

You cannot see how a lot of things, things which are hard to replicate, lined up for him?

25. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information