Thread: Raiders to hire Mike Mayock as general manager

Default Raiders to hire Mike Mayock as general manager

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...eneral-manager

Mike Mayock is headed from NFL Network to the Oakland Raiders.

The Oakland Raiders are set to hire Mayock as their new general manager, a source informed of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. The development comes a day after the NFL Network draft guru emerged as a strong candidate for the position.

Mayock, 60, replaces former general manager Reggie McKenzie, who was fired by the Raiders on Dec. 10 amid a disappointing season that saw the team trade away All-Pro pass rusher Khalil Mack and former fourth-overall draft pick Amari Cooper. Oakland went 39-70 during McKenzie's tenure, but questions about his control over player personnel decisions emerged when the team signed coach Jon Gruden to a 10-year contract last year.

Rapoport reported in September that Gruden has his own staff that helps him judge talent and make decisions that was separate from people who were closer to McKenzie. Mayock figures to work closely with Gruden, but it remains to be seen what level of control he might have on the Raiders' roster considering this is his first position in an NFL front office.

I'll say it again. I root for some weirdos. Damn them for robbing me of the ONLY good experience during the Draft.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The best broadcasting tandem in a front office?

#tottenhamraiders
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...eneral-manager

I'll say it again. I root for some weirdos. Damn them for robbing me of the ONLY good experience during the Draft.
    I know, right?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I will miss Mayock on NFLN during the draft... And I'm annoyed because I think this is a good hire. Mayock plus that whole stockpile of draftpicks could be a problem for the AFC West.

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

I will miss Mayock on NFLN during the draft... And I'm annoyed because I think this is a good hire. Mayock plus that whole stockpile of draftpicks could be a problem for the AFC West.
    We have to counter this by getting Mike McCarthy and Mel Kiper.

9. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    We have to counter this by getting Mike McCarthy and Mel Kiper.
    No we have to get a TV guy for coach too. Cowher it is!

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    No we have to get a TV guy for coach too. Cowher it is!
    I hope Charles Barkley is our strength and conditioning coach. SMH at these TV stars getting important positions.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Mel Kiper turned us down so we had to get Charley Casserly.

15. The Following 6 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Mel Kiper turned us down so we had to get Charley Casserly.
    #saynotocombovers

17. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

This has potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Couldn't agree more. Mayock is the man, and I'm gutted (thanks, Dave) that the Raiders got him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

yea. . . this is where i'm at, as well. . . the chiefs and chargers are contenders in the AFC right now, with plenty of promise going forward. . . the vegas raiders are down at the moment, but they have the ammo for a swift rise if they play their cards right. . . the pressure is really on elway to get this coaching hire right, because our division is pretty loaded right now. . . i can't see muchak or pagano getting it done. . . step your game up, john. . .

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information