Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: No Surviving: Vance Joseph FIRED

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    They can interview guys on playoff teams - see Flores in NE.
    Those teams are on bye. They can't interview coaches right now for the teams that are playing next weekend.

2. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

I hope Flores gets this job or any head coaching job. He grew up in Brownsville, Brooklyn. If you can survive Brownsville, you can survive ANYTHING.

I don't know him personally but I know a couple of his friends. It's always good to see friends or friends of friends make it big time.

4. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Now we just need to set up an interview with the other Pats coordinator.

6. The Following 6 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I heard we just asked to interview Cowher

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Now we just need to set up an interview with the other Pats coordinator.
    LOL!! I almost spit out my coffee!

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Hallelujah happened a season too late. Also, he never should have been hired. He sucked ass as a defensive coordinator. Be smarter this time Johnny E.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    A terrible, old school, unimaginative candidate who shouldn't even be on the list. I already hate how this is going.
    Who do you want them to interview?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

A terrible, old school, unimaginative candidate who shouldn't even be on the list. I already hate how this is going.
    Based on what?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Who do you want them to interview?
    Honestly- some QB coach or OC who I'm not that familiar with because they are young, hungry and innovative... Someone like Matt LaFleur from TN - someone who fits the McVay/Nagy profile.

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    Based on what?
    The first two names we heard about were a one-year defensive coordinator for the Patriots, as if that were even a viable option... And an o-lineman from the 80s who has interviewed for 1000 HC positions in the NFL and then dialed the clock back 25 years when he was running the Titans and turned them into a run-first team with Marcus Mariota as the QB.

I realize I'm overreacting - but VJ was so bad, and we've been waiting for over a year to begin this process - and we come out of the gates with these two clowns?

15. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Honestly- some QB coach or OC who I'm not that familiar with because they are young, hungry and innovative... Someone like Matt LaFleur from TN - someone who fits the McVay/Nagy profile.

The first two names we heard about were a one-year defensive coordinator for the Patriots, as if that were even a viable option... And an o-lineman from the 80s who has interviewed for 1000 HC positions in the NFL and then dialed the clock back 25 years when he was running the Titans and turned them into a run-first team with Marcus Mariota as the QB.

I realize I'm overreacting - but VJ was so bad, and we've been waiting for over a year to begin this process - and we come out of the gates with these two clowns?
    Like a young hungry coordinator without previous head coaching experience.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Like a young hungry coordinator without previous head coaching experience.
    Yeah just don't pick the fraud again. Prior HC experience is overrated in this league - especially with all the rule changes... Need someone to challenge conventional wisdom.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Don’t know much about the pats guy but munchak is HOF OL and one of the most respected coaches in the league. Not sure that makes him right fit here but it’s not like they are swinging on another VJ with him. BTW - if you watch Tenn play running the ball with Mariotta is the only way to do it. Look how Vrabel got them back in it this year. Running mariotta and crushing people with D Henry. Mariotta is not a passer to think otherwise is silly.

20. The Following User High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Hallelujah!! However, with Elway still making the call, I'm not very hopeful that the next coach will be any different. Elway is a control freak who will only hire a coach who's a "yes man," and he's part of the problem to begin with.

If not for Manning, Elway's track record would be much different.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act. - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Broncos Mtnman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    Don’t know much about the pats guy but munchak is HOF OL and one of the most respected coaches in the league. Not sure that makes him right fit here but it’s not like they are swinging on another VJ with him. BTW - if you watch Tenn play running the ball with Mariotta is the only way to do it. Look how Vrabel got them back in it this year. Running mariotta and crushing people with D Henry. Mariotta is not a passer to think otherwise is silly.
    Munchak would be a return to John Fox ball. So would Mike McCarthy. So would Vic Fangio. The NFL has a different style of play than they came up with. They're all good coaches but I think if you're trying to chart a new course and breathe some life into a franchise, they are all wrong for the job.

I know nothing about Flores other than he's a Belichick assistant and therefore I'm not interested.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Good luck, John Elway. Find the Broncos a winning HC. TIA.

25. The Following 4 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information