Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: This is the Draft We Take a QB

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    The accuracy concerns on Lock are definitely troubling. He has the measurables and makes some big-time throws, but he could just as easily flop like Gabbert did for the same reasons. The Senior Bowl should go a long way in figuring out Lock vs. a Daniel Jones.
    Lock's biggest problem with accuracy is sloppy footwork. If a QB coach can set him straight there, he could be a really good QB. I read a lot about how he reminds people of Mahomes or Cutler with comparisons of the bad habits that will have to be fixed. He could very well turn out to be another Cutler, but if he works out like Mahomes…

But I think the better comparison is Matthew Stafford and I think that is who he will eventually become.
    Who is your favorite qb in this draft Chaz?

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    If Elway takes a first round QB in 2019 he's not going to do it again in 2020 unless that guy is a disaster. He wasn't willing to move on from Paxton the Pirate until he had a 3rd disastrous training camp. Only then did he agree to let VJ get rid of him.

VJ didn't want Paxton to begin with. We know that because Elway was still making excuses for Paxton in the Peter King interview. He said that Gary was "on board" with drafting Paxton (which is a lie since Kubiak refused to play Paxton in his final game in 2016 after insisting all week - at Elway's insistence - that they were going to play Paxton for 1/2). And Elway said in his interview that after Gary left Paxton failed, as if Gary leaving inevitably led to Paxton failing, instead of Paxton sucking.

In short he keeps making excuses to justify his draft pick, even now.

It was Elway who refused to draft a QB in 2018 because "we're not kicking Paxton to the curb." The idea that they would "kick" their 2019 1st round QB pick to the curb after 1 season is a non-starter. They would do what Elway did with Paxton.

Keep him around and try and "develop him" which means if they draft a QB in 2019 they will NOT draft a Qb in the first round in 2020.
    Not predicting JE actions. Saying what I would do

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    He had 4 bad games last year...Bama, USCe, UGA and Kentucky. They were very bad. His % vs OK state was eh...but he threw for a lot of yards and no INTs. He's never been an INT machine and his completion% has gone up each year.

I'd take him at 10. Wouldn't move up. But it also wouldn't stop me from considering another in 2020.
    So basically he sucked against good teams?

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    So basically he sucked against good teams?
    Yep

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

But I can work with minimal INTs and annual improvement.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Who is your favorite qb in this draft Chaz?
    If forced to select a QB at 10, I'd probably go with Lock. But my preference would be to draft defense and OL early and get a project QB (Rypien, Jackson) later in the draft, then hope we can get lucky in the deeper 2020 draft.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

I'm at the senior bowl practice again this year, hoping to get time to type something up but I can say in the 7 years that I've been coming here this is BY FAR the weakest QB class I've ever seen here. NONE of them are worthy of a first round pick. Lock looks the best so far but very rough and weak with ball placement.

9. The Following 5 Users High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    If forced to select a QB at 10, I'd probably go with Lock. But my preference would be to draft defense and OL early and get a project QB (Rypien, Jackson) later in the draft, then hope we can get lucky in the deeper 2020 draft.
    Agreed, this draft isn't the draft to select a QB in rounds 1 or 2 or even 3 from what I'm seeing at the senior bowl practice (but it's early) VERY strong class of ILB's here though.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    Agreed, this draft isn't the draft to select a QB in rounds 1 or 2 or even 3 from what I'm seeing at the senior bowl practice (but it's early) VERY strong class of ILB's here though.
    That's pretty contradictory to what scouts and media analysts have said about Lock, Jones, Grier and Finley. It will be a interesting off-season for sure....also I don't buy the 2020 hype....You deal with what you have in front of you not hope for a top 10 pick in the next years draft just for a hypothetical class.

To put it in perspective this was suppose to be a legendary DL class....one of the best of all time and now its being considered by many as above average to very good....Things like this change yearly.....

On a side note have fun at the senior bowl and tell Elway to get his crap together if you see him lol
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 01-23-2019 at 11:59 AM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

12. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    I'm at the senior bowl practice again this year, hoping to get time to type something up but I can say in the 7 years that I've been coming here this is BY FAR the weakest QB class I've ever seen here. NONE of them are worthy of a first round pick. Lock looks the best so far but very rough and weak with ball placement.
    Great to have eyes on the ground there. BFF, keep an eye on Grier for me will ya?

14. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Jones comes across as a low talent prospect in that article, and therefore scares me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

18. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I hate fumblers. It was my biggest issue with Cutler. I didn't realize this about Jones. I will officially be nauseated if we draft him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Attachment 13609

My favorite part

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I have preferred Lock to Jones as well I agree 100% with the article that Lock should sit and develop and get some NFL coaching to become more consistent with mechanics, But I think he should still be the guy. He has a good mental make-up, and Legit NFL skill set, now he needs some pro coaching and he should be fine....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information