Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: This is the Draft We Take a QB

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Haskins is not of the OSU mold. They haven't had a QB with his passing skill set since???

2. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Interesting...given it's the same roster in Minnesota that just missed the playoffs with a superior QB.

Again...does well when coached.
    The defense was a shell of itself and in lieu of that Cousins put up top flight numbers. Or, in other words, Keenum was the product of his situation. It's not just coaching. Going back to the well that barely had that much water in it is not wise.

He did well, once, in a good situation that had coaching. One time. In his entire career. If Denver can assembly an elite defense with strengths at every level, get the best WR tandem in football that can bail out some of those awful CK passes, and run the ball more than just about anyone else in the league, then sure, maybe you can get a nice game manager season out of him.

Maybe. For the second time in his career.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Haskins is not of the OSU mold. They haven't had a QB with his passing skill set since???
    Mark Schlicter.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Haskins.

From what I see, on my board he would have went number one last year.

There are lots of variables when assessing these college QBs.....but I love what I see in this kid.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

6. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    The defense was a shell of itself and in lieu of that Cousins put up top flight numbers. Or, in other words, Keenum was the product of his situation. It's not just coaching. Going back to the well that barely had that much water in it is not wise.

He did well, once, in a good situation that had coaching. One time. In his entire career. If Denver can assembly an elite defense with strengths at every level, get the best WR tandem in football that can bail out some of those awful CK passes, and run the ball more than just about anyone else in the league, then sure, maybe you can get a nice game manager season out of him.

Maybe. For the second time in his career.
    That's pretty much my view, but for some reason Matt Hasselbeck thinks differently:
    Hasselbeck: Keenum ‘can absolutely play,’ Broncos QB can get it fixed
    After a stellar 2017 season with the Minnesota Vikings, things regressed back to the mean for Case Keenum in 2018.

But, ESPN NFL analyst Matt Hasselbeck told “Schlereth and Evans” on Friday that he believes that 2017 production still lies somewhere within Keenum.

“Case Keenum can absolutely play football,” Hasselbeck said.

Hasselbeck pointed to the dynamic of Keenum going from never having had a big contract before to, all of a sudden, getting one with the Broncos, and that may have caused him to press a bit.

“You feel like you’ve got to do like a little bit more than you’ve done your whole career,” Hasselbeck said. “I think Case Keenum as actually played a lot better with sort of — a little bit like the Philadelphia Eagles did last year — a chip on his shoulder, something to prove.”

Keenum’s relationship to then-Vikings offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur played a large role in the quarterback’s success, Hasselbeck said, and the “Broncos struggled more than I expected them to with that this year.”

But, Hasselbeck said of Keenum’s trajectory in Denver: “I think it can get fixed.”

One thing going for him, Hasselbeck said, is the hire of offensive line coach Mike Munchak, who will likely improve the Broncos pass protection game in 2019.

“I don’t care who you are as a quarterback, if you can step into your throws, you can be a much better quarterback than people think you are,” Hasselbeck said.

Also in Keenum’s corner, new offensive coordinator Rich Scangarello, who make take a liking to the quarterback, according to The Athletic 49ers beat reporter Matt Barrows.

“I think Scangarello is going to like having Case Keenum,” Barrows told “Stokley and Zach” on Friday.
    I'd like to believe this but I'm pretty skeptical. On the other hand Matt Hasselbeck is pretty much a past master of appearing at certain times due to the good team, to be better than he really was. Perhaps Keenum could do that this year too.

Now I know I hate Hasslebeck!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

"We will take the ball because we are going to win"

Proceeds to throw a pick 6 and lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    "We will take the ball because we are going to win"

Precedes to throw a pick 6 and lose.
    Hard head but a soft ass! - Football Gods.

11. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Drew Lock is a quarterback Broncos fan should keep an eye on at the Senior Bowl

It is that time of the year again Broncos Country. Your top senior(and some junior) prospects will head down to Mobile Alabama this week to take part in the Senior Bowl. This will be our first real big step forward in the draft process and will showcase some of the top prospects in this years NFL Draft.

One name Broncos fans should keep an eye on is Missouri quarterback, Drew Lock.

Really excited to watch Drew Lock throw it around next week at the Senior Bowl. If he can clean up his base, some team could turn him into a solid player. pic.twitter.com/REdzWezhsC
    — Jordan Reid (@JReidNFL) January 14, 2019
    rest - https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...he-senior-bowl

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

13. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

For some reason, the talk around the NFL scouts apparently is that "the Broncos love Drew Lock." So, don't be surprised if the Broncos draft a QB. Also don't be surprised if that QB turns out to be Meh. This ain't a great draft class.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    For some reason, the talk around the NFL scouts apparently is that "the Broncos love Drew Lock." So, don't be surprised if the Broncos draft a QB. Also don't be surprised if that QB turns out to be Meh. This ain't a great draft class.
    You keep saying this and it is soooooooo wrong.

THis is a great QB class. GREAT!

There are like 4 QBs that I would be ok with, a few late round fliers I am ok with developing long term too. Last year I only like Rosen and Mayfied (dont get me started on rosen)

Haskins, Murray, Lock, Grier, Stidham are all going to go in the first....Rumors are that Tyree may rise with workouts and such. (im not a fan)....Thats more QBs in the first than last year. Plus, there are a fair few mid round guys...Jones as an example. I do not like him as a first rd qb. but 2nd round sure.

THis is a really really really good QB draft class. Better than last year.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    THis is a really really really good QB draft class. Better than last year.
    I wouldnt go that far but its not as bad as people want to proclaim either.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Can't wait to revisit this in 2024.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I wouldnt go that far but its not as bad as people want to proclaim either.
    Agreed. All I ask is that Elway and his staff take their time and vet these quarterbacks and if they find one that like then that is fine by be.

If they don't, that's fine too.

21. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

If he can clean up his base, some team could turn him into a solid player.
    this is the kind of ringing endorsement that the scouting community at large is giving these guys. . . but, we're probably gonna get squeezed into taking one of them, so fingers crossed that U29 knows something scouts everywhere have missed. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

23. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information