Poll: Who will be the Broncos QB in 2019?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will be the Broncos QB in 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Yup, it was time last year.

My pity party now is about the notion of waiting to get a QB, you don’t build a great team and THEN try to find a QB, that’s ass backwards.
    Not getting a QB is waiting another year to actually do something.

The cost is high, but most fans are oblivious to it.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post

Yup, they’d rather go 8-8 than get a chance at solving the biggest issue on the team, but also reserve the right to hate the QB.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

So, just curious, whatever happened to MO’s boy Jake Browning? I don’t watch much college ball outside the SEC but I haven’t heard anything about him. He’s a Husky, right? Playing vs Ohio State in the Rose Bowl? Is this guy any good? MO and some others seemed to really like him last year. I don’t think I’ve heard anyone talking about him this year. Did he fall off a cliff? Is he just actually not any good?

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    So, just curious, whatever happened to MO’s boy Jake Browning? I don’t watch much college ball outside the SEC but I haven’t heard anything about him. He’s a Husky, right? Playing vs Ohio State in the Rose Bowl? Is this guy any good? MO and some others seemed to really like him last year. I don’t think I’ve heard anyone talking about him this year. Did he fall off a cliff? Is he just actually not any good?
    No. He's been decent, but not great. I still like him, but as I've said all along, not at No. 12 ... like mid-round flier, Kirk Cousins type.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post

Fans are actually oblivious to the fact that it is often simply impossible. The NFL sy system for finding and developing QBs is fundamentally broken. In a league where every team needs to have an elite passing QB to win, because the NFL has written the rules to favor passing over defense so much that you now need to have an elite passing QB to win consistently there simply aren't enough of them to go around.

There are not 32 such QBs available and most teams can't find one. Bernie Kosar last played for the Browns in 1993. In 2018 they may have finally found a QB. The Jets have been looking since Joe Namath, the Bills since Jim Kelly. People mock these teams but there's a lot of them. Teams that get lucky like the Colts landing Luck right after losing Manning are few.

Teams like the Browns that can go for decades without finding anybody good are plentiful. It's not all just stupidity that NFL franchised keep failing at their most important task of finding a franchise QB you can hire and use for 10+ seasons. It's reaalllly hard.

Most years there might be 1 QB everybody recognizes like Cam Newton in the draft, only he's drafted by the Panthers with the #1 pick and nobody else has a chance at him. The next QB taken was Jake Locker at #8 to the Titans and Blaine Gabbert at #10 to the Jaguars, then Christian Ponder at #12 to the Vikings. Bah Humbug!

Finally Andy Dalton was taken at #35 at top of the second round by the Bengals. Anybody want him? No.

Want Colin Kaepernick? Ryan Mallet? Rick Stanzi? TJ Yates? Nathan Enderle? But, it's possible to mold a late round QB into a successful starter, right! Tom Brady did it! So did Kurt Warner! So, it must be easy!

OK, you want Tyrod Taylor? That's you "late round QB success story" for 2011. We're done here.

So, if you needed a QB in 2011 and you were NOT the Panthers with the #1 pick, it's Colin Kaepernick, who has some significant passing limitations and is currently out of the league due to the boycott. So, nobody currently wants him anyway.

So, there was nobody to get. Sorry about that franchises that needed a QB! Better luck next year in 2012!

It might not be possible at all for the Broncos to find their future franchise QB in a draft class where there are virtually no franchise QBs available. Some will be drafted, and maybe somebody develops with intensive coaching and a little patience. Possibly the Broncos can find somebody, but more likely they are picking through the bargain basement bargain bin and there are only a few mis-matched socks left in the bin. Good luck!

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I would be fine with keeping Keenum, drafting that Ohio State QB, and getting a creative OC who can coach him up.

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I would be fine with keeping Keenum, drafting that Ohio State QB, and getting a creative OC who can coach him up.
    Unfortunately he’ll be gone in the top 3

The Ohio St kid is not a duel threat. He is slow as shit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Chad Kelly is a truel duel threat - criminal trespassing or he can shoot the place up with an AK

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Maybe I am confused.

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    If you’ve seen Rypien you’ve seen Browning. Think Colt McCoy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Chad Kelly is a truel duel threat - criminal trespassing or he can shoot the place up with an AK
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    His ability to criminally trespass to set up his AK spray is incredible.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

16. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Love me some Brett Rypien.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Love me some Brett Rypien.
    Ok.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information