Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: go spacey

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I'm fully aware that the constitution can't make people do the right thing, but it also allows individuals like me to point out when the masses doing the wrong thing. Everyone who has stated that it is a matter of fact that Spacey is a rapist based solely on what they're hearing and reading in the media is doing the wrong thing.

Let me summarize what I was taught back in 5th grade, 1979/80 school year. If you're going to claim that its just your opinion, then you should preface whatever you're saying with "I believe...", "I feel...", "In my opinion...", etc. If you don’t, they you’re not stating something as an opinion, you’re stating it as a fact. If you don’t, then you’re stating them as if they’re stating them as if they are facts. Let me demonstrate:

I believe the one of the biggest reasons that our society can’t resolve any of its dispute, especially political, is because it appears that this isn’t being taught anymore (and/or no one is listening to what their teachers are trying to teach them). Based on my personal experiences, human being (myself include) have a natural tendency to think they know more then they do on there favorite topics of interest. By making a point to state that I can’t actually prove what I believe to be true, I believe that it has great helped me overcome this natural human tendency so that I’m far more open to changing my views once contradictory facts that contradict presented to me.

See how easy it is to state an opinion in a manner that makes it very clear that you realize that it’s just an opinion and not a fact?
    Do you not factor in the countless people who either don't care, automatically dismiss the cries of guilt, or somewhere in between? Are people not allowed to express their beliefs?

I think it's a given when people say "so and so is this,/that," that it's their opinion. If I say PFM is the best QB of all time, you know it's an opinion.

To apply what you're describing, it's far more pressing regarding defendants who don't have all-star lawyers, millions, and a ton of fans to counteract those who are predisposed towards finding guilt.

The fact that you're doing this lecture regarding a guy who brought this upon himself with this video also dilutes a decent sentiment.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    He apologized to one of the alleged victims last year. What would he need to apologise for if he did nothing wrong.
    I don't know how to post a tweet, but here's a link that has it: https://www.thedailybeast.com/kevin-...o-anthony-rapp

"But if I did behave then in the manner he described, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior..."

That falls well short of a guilty plea.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

And it's far more substantive than a " I didn't do it."

If you want to take your opinion, which is a fine one that I admire, speak out regarding people who aren't well protected and rarely held accountable.

Make it mean something.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Do you not factor in the countless people who either don't care, automatically dismiss the cries of guilt, or somewhere in between? Are people not allowed to express their beliefs?

I think it's a given when people say "so and so is this,/that," that it's their opinion. If I say PFM is the best QB of all time, you know it's an opinion.

To apply what you're describing, it's far more pressing regarding defendants who don't have all-star lawyers, millions, and a ton of fans to counteract those who are predisposed towards finding guilt.

The fact that you're doing this lecture regarding a guy who brought this upon himself with this video also dilutes a decent sentiment.
    I'm fully aware of that many sex abuse victims suffer everything you just described, but is the solution to have open season on anyone who's accused. Are you old enough to remember the Duke Lacrosse team rape scandal from about 15 years ago? I'd be interested hearing a victim rights advocate from back then give an assessment of how much that rush to judgement debacle set back the cause of sexual abuse victims advocacy.

I fully agree with you that its not fair that a persons ability to get away with murder is so greatly effect by how much he can pay for lawyers. I'm a firm believer that the rate that lawyers should be allowed to charge should be set by the courts, and that every lawyer should be required to charge that amount. So if the public defender that represents a mentally ill homeless individual on make $100,000 per year (I'm just making that figure up), so should the lawyer defending celebrities because I believe that our legal system should operate with absolute equality. I also realize that will never happen because even if such a law was past, who's better at finding loop holes in laws then lawyers.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

#teamspacey

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    #teamspacey
    Would you care if he was guilty?

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Would you care if he was guilty?
    Obviously not. Even if he's found guilty you know Shane will spin it, as anyone he likes can do no wrong.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Obviously not. Even if he's found guilty you know Shane will spin it, as anyone he likes can do no wrong.
    Good point.

Completely void of taste. I’m sure the alleged victims found his video to be hilarious!

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Completely void of taste. I’m sure the alleged victims found his video to be hilarious!
    It actually gives his accuser more credence...

It actually gives his accuser more credence...
    Exactly, it’s hard to perceive how a person in their right mind (celebrity or otherwise) would do something like that. It makes him look like a sociopath in need of prison rules.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

I read sociopath as "scorpion," because I don't have my glasses on.

I thought you were advocating for scorpion reform/reforming prisoners via scorpions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Exactly, it’s hard to perceive how a person in their right mind (celebrity or otherwise) would do something like that. It makes him look like a sociopath in need of prison rules.
    Something tells me Spacey will fully enjoy prison rules.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

I read sociopath as "scorpion," because I don't have my glasses on.

I thought you were advocating for scorpion reform/reforming prisoners via scorpions.

Can you make this your sig? “ I am a scorpion in need of prison rules”

20. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

So what’d Spacey do? Not a big follower of celebrity news.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information