Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: go spacey

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    As I said before, he was doing it in his Frank Underwood character from House of Cards.
    That's sort of what makes it creepy. If you're going to drop the "As I said before," you might want to do it when people missed your point...which no one did.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    The public is allowed an opinion that is not tied to due process.
    The jury is made of his peers. If all of his peer have already convicted him based solely on what they have seen in the news, how can he get a fair trial?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

3. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

The jury is made of his peers. If all of his peer have already convicted him based solely on what they have seen in the news, how can he get a fair trial?
    The jury will be sworn to set aside their biases. Some people can, some people cannot. Voir dire exists for a reason.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

By not making creepy in character videos refuting the allegations about sexually molesting vulnerable people

Remember - we are responding to something he chose to do - make a stupid and weird video!

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

The jury will be sworn to set aside their biases. Some people can, some people cannot. Voir dire exists for a reason.
    Make that some people will not, which is why criminal prosecutors aren't supposed to release information that would taint the jury pool. However, the driving force behind this trial in the court of public opinion is political. They care little about actual justice, but about retaliating against all men because of the abuse and chauvinism of some men. If you're a man then your automatically guilty for no other reason then because you're a man.

Furthermore, because he's a Hollywood celebrity, people going to want to be on the jury in order to sell their story afterwards.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Make that some people will not, which is why criminal prosecutors aren't supposed to release information that would taint the jury pool. However, the driving force behind this trial in the court of public opinion is political. They care little about actual justice, but about retaliating against all men because of the abuse and chauvinism of some men. If you're a man then your automatically guilty for no other reason then because you're a man.

Furthermore, because he's a Hollywood celebrity, people going to want to be on the jury in order to sell their story afterwards.
    Are you a male rights activist?

9. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Are you a male rights activist?
    I'm an Autistic self-advocate who's atypical behaviors can be badly misinterpreted, especially by women, especially when I've made the mistake of trying to behave in a manner that society considers "normal." Most notable when trying to force myself into maintaining eye contact for the duration of a conversation, especially with women who are young enough to be my daughters. Furthermore, I know an Autistic middle age Autistic man who has gotten in trouble at his places of employment for "sexually harassing" women (undiagnosed at the time), but not told who that women were for fear that he might retaliate (standard HR protocol for all complaints). Without knowing who made the complain, he couldn't figure out what behavior of his drew the complain. So he when he was told to stop doing what he was doing, he had no idea what he needed to stop. Today, he barricaded inside his house with a work from home job because he's scared to pursue any job that would require him to interact with women.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I think your recent experiences are clouding your assessment of both Kevin Spacey and the justice system.

Not saying your issues are not real - just that in this context they don't appear to be relevant

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I think your recent experiences are clouding your assessment of both Kevin Spacey and the justice system.

Not saying your issues are not real - just that in this context they don't appear to be relevant
    My last post was simply a response to whether or not I'm a male rights advocate. All of that aside, I am due process advocate anytime that anyone gets accused of anything. Doesn't matter if its someone making statements in which assumes that all Mexicans are here illegally (resulting in me sometimes having heated exchanges with such individuals), cops accused of police brutality, white Starbucks employees being accused of racism for refusing to allow 2 African Americans males to use the restrooms because they hadn't ordered anything (the were then arrested after they refused to leave) https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/15/u...en-arrest.html, a man being accused of sexual misconduct of any type, etc. I don't believe in rushing to judgement in any situation.

The Constitution does not, nor can it, guarantee due process rights regarding the court of public opinion.

Sometimes a venue change is needed because too many people in an area are aware of the crime/instance and it is so hyped up that people cannot be fair.

In this instance, you might be scared because no venue change can modify his celebrity. 1. I appreciate the thought, I really do. 2. He did this to himself. 3. The voir dire screening process can mitigate a lot of this. 4. In this instance, he will have some of the top, if not the top, lawyers in the country. 5. There are people who don't follow the show and know little about him. 6. See number two in reference to number five.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

He apologized to one of the alleged victims last year. What would he need to apologise for if he did nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    He apologized to one of the alleged victims last year. What would he need to apologise for if he did nothing wrong.
    Maybe he converted to Canadian.

16. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

So am I the only 1 here who believes in due process of the law, that the accused should be presumed innocent until proven guilty in the court of law? Just because someone is a celebrity who lives in the public doesn't mean they should be tried, convicted and condemned in the court of public opinion.
    He will get due process but from what my wife was telling me today there is apparently a video to back up the claim and other witness accounts while on the set of "House of Cards" that are working strongly against his defense. Never the less, when you are being accused of something its probably not a good idea to try and mock or make light of the situation you find yourself in. IMO

18. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

The Constitution does not, nor can it, guarantee due process rights regarding the court of public opinion.

Sometimes a venue change is needed because too many people in an area are aware of the crime/instance and it is so hyped up that people cannot be fair.

In this instance, you might be scared because no venue change can modify his celebrity. 1. I appreciate the thought, I really do. 2. He did this to himself. 3. The voir dire screening process can mitigate a lot of this. 4. In this instance, he will have some of the top, if not the top, lawyers in the country. 5. There are people who don't follow the show and know little about him. 6. See number two in reference to number five.
    I'm fully aware that the constitution can't make people do the right thing, but it also allows individuals like me to point out when the masses doing the wrong thing. Everyone who has stated that it is a matter of fact that Spacey is a rapist based solely on what they're hearing and reading in the media is doing the wrong thing.

Let me summarize what I was taught back in 5th grade, 1979/80 school year. If you're going to claim that its just your opinion, then you should preface whatever you're saying with "I believe...", "I feel...", "In my opinion...", etc. If you don’t, they you’re not stating something as an opinion, you’re stating it as a fact. If you don’t, then you’re stating them as if they’re stating them as if they are facts. Let me demonstrate:

I believe the one of the biggest reasons that our society can’t resolve any of its dispute, especially political, is because it appears that this isn’t being taught anymore (and/or no one is listening to what their teachers are trying to teach them). Based on my personal experiences, human being (myself include) have a natural tendency to think they know more then they do on there favorite topics of interest. By making a point to state that I can’t actually prove what I believe to be true, I believe that it has great helped me overcome this natural human tendency so that I’m far more open to changing my views once contradictory facts that contradict presented to me.

See how easy it is to state an opinion in a manner that makes it very clear that you realize that it’s just an opinion and not a fact?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

In bookstores now...

"I Was a Spacey Juror."

A guaranteed best-seller.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information