Thread: Be honest now

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Default Be honest now

Does the thin air really give the Broncos that much of advantage in home games?

I was thinking that if it really made that big a difference, the Nuggets would be 41-0 at home every season because the other team would be gassed by the 2nd half.

2. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Does the thin air really give the Broncos that much of advantage in home games?

I was thinking that if it really made that big a difference, the Nuggets would be 41-0 at home every season because the other team would be gassed by the 2nd half.
    All other things being equal, yes, it's an advantage

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

It gives a sight advantage but talent still matters.

6. The Following 7 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Wellll... There IS a reason you see football players on the sideline sucking oxygen through a mask during the game. I occurs earlier in Denver than it does at their home venue. While Denver is on the road we begin sucking wind through masks later in the game than their opponent does. As Valar said, not much of a difference but it does make a slight advantage.

Personal experience: I grew up in Colorado and went to Disney World for a family vacation during middle school. Day 2 my brother and I sprinted for Space Mountain to get as many rides in as possible before a line formed. It was a good 1/2 mile from the monorail to Space Mountain and I was not gassed after half sprinting the whole way. About half way through the run I thought, "I can run FOREVER down here!"

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived The Glue Factory For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    It gives a sight advantage but talent still matters.
    We can see better?!!?!?

My god.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    All other things being equal, yes, it's an advantage
    This, it doesn’t help much when we have lesser athletes.

12. The Following 6 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

This Broncos team and coaching staff doesnt know how to take advantage or adjust to anything.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

It's an advantage, but not as much as it used to be. Athletes train year round now, and are in better shape overall than what you would find in the days of yore. But there is a reason that the rams were in Colorado Springs getting ready to play that Mexico game that was moved back to LA.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    This Broncos team and coaching staff doesnt know how to take advantage or adjust to anything.
    This. Anyone with any damned sense knows the best way to gas a defense in Denver is to play a hurry up offense, or at least no huddle so the other team can’t substitute. Either Musgrave can’t trust Keenum to run it and/or Keenum doesnt have the skills but it’s sad that we only ever use it anymore in the 2 minute drill. Another shitty drawback to this coaching staff.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

17. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    It's an advantage, but not as much as it used to be. Athletes train year round now, and are in better shape overall than what you would find in the days of yore. But there is a reason that the rams were in Colorado Springs getting ready to play that Mexico game that was moved back to LA.
    To be honest the only benefit they got from that move was to mentally prepare for the higher altitude. It takes a couple of months for the body to create more red blood cells to compensate for the lower oxygen level.

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    This. Anyone with any damned sense knows the best way to gas a defense in Denver is to play a hurry up offense, or at least no huddle so the other team can’t substitute. Either Musgrave can’t trust Keenum to run it and/or Keenum doesnt have the skills but it’s sad that we only ever use it anymore in the 2 minute drill. Another shitty drawback to this coaching staff.
    PRECISELY! So many times I've seen opponent defenses (especially the DL) sucking wind on the field by the mid 4th quarter.

19. The Following User High Fived The Glue Factory For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

It makes more of a difference early in the season or on long drives. It's why Shanny's teams, even his poorer ones, always started 6-0 or 5-1 - they feasted on those early home games and on the conditioning advantage that training at altitude gave them. When all the other teams were in their midseason form, though, that advantage largely went away.

But there is a reason that the Nuggets and the Broncos have serious home advantages across the years. But they have to be set up to take advantage, which is why transition basketball has fared well in the Mile High along with a punishing run game or the hurry up mentioned above that keeps the DL exerting effort without enough oxygen. Also, are we blowing this mother up yet or what?
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

21. The Following User High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by The Glue Factory View Post
    To be honest the only benefit they got from that move was to mentally prepare for the higher altitude. It takes a couple of months for the body to create more red blood cells to compensate for the lower oxygen level.

PRECISELY! So many times I've seen opponent defenses (especially the DL) sucking wind on the field by the mid 4th quarter.
    Ive read that you can get acclimated in three weeks, but even so, they were trying to do that in a handful of days which would have had minor, if any, effect.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i think when Manning went no huddle at mile high it could hurt Defenses

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    i think when Manning went no huddle at mile high it could hurt Defenses
    They also can't substitute which is one of the reasons the no huddle is effective, but the big fatties definitely suffer under those conditions at Mile High.

26. The Following User High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information