Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Browns 12/15/18

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    When the game is on, I will cheer for a W. When the game is over, I will lament a W, or appreciate how the L helps us long term.
    Consistent losing teams in the NFL have this mentality. We see them in the top 5 every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Consistent losing teams in the NFL have this mentality. We see them in the top 5 every year.
    This is a claim that hasn't been substantiated. Teams, for instance, like Cleveland in the past, are trying their best to win games but still suck because they hire bad coaches, personnel, etc.

Meanwhile teams upon occasion go out and suck for Luck, etc.

An extra win or two could have cost us Von Miller, who has been the best player in his draft class. No one would have cared about those wins. You have an old school mentality that doesn't hold up to any meaningful scrutiny. There are already complaints about how tanking is unfair, which was listed yesterday, but no one bothered to read that link.

Ironically, people accused Cleveland of tanking last year. Their top QB choice is now making them a respectable NFL team again.

The argument I put forth, and had ignored, is that when you know the season is over, just stop trying to win meaningless games in an all out fashion. Put all the rookies in there. Change your strategy.

Most of the arguments put forth were in regards to just tanking at the start of the season. The comment I made was that it sucks winning the past two games (then) hurt us because we lost draft position and are basically out of it. That spiraled out of control.

Mostly because people like to argue against what they WANT me to say, not what I did.

Other benefits to tanking include you get a softer schedule the next year. If you draft position improves, but not enough to get the guy you wanted, you can trade up and give up less. Why? Because the more you have to move up the higher you pay for a price.

The best benefit is it upsets old white guys who are set in their ways. These are the best people to upset because they review their stances with almost no critical lens. Tanking makes them think more.

But you're not old, so don't worry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Not reading any of that. ^^^^^

Go Broncos!

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

You win, King. I can't compete with that many words.

Go Broncos.

I'll mourn the W after the thrill of victory is gone.

TBolt, I don't care for your opinion on this matter, but I'm always glad for another active poster. Just say you'll hold me, and all is well.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

8. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You win, King. I can't compete with that many words.
    I'm going to change my name soon. King no longer.

But you are my Uncle.

10. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Go Broncos.

I'll mourn the W after the thrill of victory is gone.

TBolt, I don't care for your opinion on this matter, but I'm always glad for another active poster. Just say you'll hold me, and all is well.
    And either way, you will have had no meaningful effect on the outcome and just enjoy the ride. Also, maybe get a cat, sounds like you need the companionship. Mine gets scared when I cheer or yell, whereas the dog just gets excited and wants to play. I’d go with a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    And either way, you will have had no meaningful effect on the outcome and just enjoy the ride. Also, maybe get a cat, sounds like you need the companionship. Mine gets scared when I cheer or yell, whereas the dog just gets excited and wants to play. I’d go with a cat.
    Tbolt, you have turned your back on me. On this board, when you are asked to hold someone, you hold them.

I am now treating you like a hype man. You'll have to ask Jaded what that means.

13. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

It's empty in this bitch.

Fill it up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Tbolt, you have turned your back on me. On this board, when you are asked to hold someone, you hold them.

I am now treating you like a hype man. You'll have to ask Jaded what that means.
    No worries my Viking brother im here for you.

16. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

I almost forgot that the game was today. Saturday is throwing me off.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    I almost forgot that the game was today. Saturday is throwing me off.
    How are you?

19. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

I blame my wife. I’m emotionally dead inside. The Broncos are like an electroshock to my feelings. But it never lasts...

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

NFL Network on their knees and giving Mayfield a blowjob.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information