Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Browns 12/15/18

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Derek Carr, on one of the most dysfunctional teams in the league, with a HC who hates him, while also having wildly inconsistent ups and downs this year, is having a better season than CK.

But, it gets even worse. Because as of right now, we are paying CK over a million bucks a TD if you take off half a million per pick.

But it gets worse...we have another year of this.
    That’ll just about do it. FML
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

The whole thing needs to be blown up and rebuilt from a coaching staff perspective maybe ST coach, kolar and WR coach can stay, maybe the RB coach....the rest lol.....case is a mediocre QB in a scheme that doesn’t fit him at all. Play calling sucks, injuries killed us. But it’s no excuse you can’t lay eggs against teams like this....we need to bring in a Vet Qb to compete with case and draft a guy in the first 3rds to develop. No excuses when we clawed back into the hunt to implode like this. None no excuses heads should roll.....I just hope we beat Oakland cause I hate them and maybe pride will help us beat the chargers and prevent them from clinching the west or something that would be fun to see even with with our issues lol.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Man, I was on a run last night!

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

If one of those guys turns out to be a Pro Bowler, he isn't. And if one of those guys turns out to be that guy, it's on Elway to go get him.

That's the way of the GM these days. Anyone think otherwise? Texans regret it? Chiefs regret it? Rams forget it? Etc.
    One of them pro-bowler and Chubb all-pro?

Advantage Chubb.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Derek Carr, on one of the most dysfunctional teams in the league, with a HC who hates him, while also having wildly inconsistent ups and downs this year, is having a better season than CK.

But, it gets even worse. Because as of right now, we are paying CK over a million bucks a TD if you take off half a million per pick.

But it gets worse...we have another year of this.
    I hope Carr becomes available. I'd take him here.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I hope Carr becomes available. I'd take him here.
    I think he's done well this year, all things considering. I would be happy to have Carr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

8. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    60? I hope you’re not on salary.
    I am, but I get regular bonuses and commission that equals it out. I usually work 50/wk but end of the year accounting and CAM reconciliation bs has me at around 55-60 the last couple.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I am, but I get regular bonuses and commission that equals it out. I usually work 50/wk but end of the year accounting and CAM reconciliation bs has me at around 55-60 the last couple.
    I knew you were too tough for that.

My old boss kept trying to get me on what he called salary, we were working 50-60 but if we were slow and I worked less than 32 hours I would only get the hours I worked, I LOL’ed.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    The whole thing needs to be blown up and rebuilt from a coaching staff perspective maybe ST coach, kolar and WR coach can stay, maybe the RB coach....the rest lol.....case is a mediocre QB in a scheme that doesn’t fit him at all. Play calling sucks, injuries killed us. But it’s no excuse you can’t lay eggs against teams like this....we need to bring in a Vet Qb to compete with case and draft a guy in the first 3rds to develop. No excuses when we clawed back into the hunt to implode like this. None no excuses heads should roll.....I just hope we beat Oakland cause I hate them and maybe pride will help us beat the chargers and prevent them from clinching the west or something that would be fun to see even with with our issues lol.
    i'd pass on another shitty journeyman QB. . . draft a guy in the middle rounds, and let the stiff keenum play out the second year of that crap contract. . . if you don't strike gold, have a plan in place to make aggressive moves for a QB the following year. . . use this coming draft and free agency to finish overhauling the roster, so we have the team in place to win with a young QB. . . call it the wentz/goff/mahomes plan. . . rebuild the secondary, and depth on both lines, and continue developing all our young guys. . .

i also hope we win the next two games. . .

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

If one of those guys turns out to be a Pro Bowler, he isn't. And if one of those guys turns out to be that guy, it's on Elway to go get him.

That's the way of the GM these days. Anyone think otherwise? Texans regret it? Chiefs regret it? Rams forget it? Etc.
    In fairness to Elway, once Ellis vetoed his plan to bring in Shanny and Cousins, then there were potentially no good solutions.

If he was going to keep Joseph (and the reason he did keep him was because he couldn't see any obviously better coaching candidates out there), then he had to give VJ a chance to prove he could be a good long term coach.

Well, that worked out about as well as the Paxton Lynch decision. But, it wouldn't be fair to Joseph to insist that he take this team to the playoffs with a rookie QB.

And there's no proof that Josh Allen or Josh Rosen will be any good. As for Sam Darnold, they would have had to give up 2 #1s and a #2 to move up 2 spots and get him. (The Jets gave up a #1 this year and three #2s - including 2 this year, but the Broncos didn't have 2 #2 picks this year).

Josh Rosen has a QBR of 82, 10 TDs and 14 INTs, while Josh Allen has 6 TDs, 9 INTs and a QBR of 66. Sam Darnold has 14 TDs, 15 INTs and a QBR of 72. None of them has been good so far. Of course they could all be great next year, we don't know. But, so far, so bad.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information