Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
There would be no point in trading Von unless it brought them a franchise QB.

I can see ONE scenario where they trade Von Miller, and I give it about a 5% chance of happening.

If Nick Foles wins the SB. In that case the Eagles will be back to back Champions and Nick Foles will be a 2 time SB winner - in a category with only Tom Brady, John Elway, Troy Aikman, Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw (missing anybody?).

At that point, they will have the opportunity to Three-peat which nobody has ever done. Nobody. But, they won't make it 3 in a row unless they do something major to improve their team.

So, they could trade Carson Wentz for Von Miller, commit to Foles as their franchise QB of the future - he's still only 29 and has at least 7 years left.

I don't expect this will happen. The temptation to play it safe and keep both Foles and Wentz will be overwhelming. But, if they had the balls to do it they would instantly become the odds on favorite to win again.

They will probably lose this weekend to the Saints so this is all academic. Foles will be a FA and they'll just roll out Wentz next season. But, something like that would be the only scenario where trading Von would be justified.
I don't think it would have to necessarily net the Broncos a net Denver a franchise quarterback i.e a veteran such as Wentz and that's highly unlikely. Draft picks could net the Broncos a franchise quarterback via the draft. That aside, at this point I don't see Elway trading Miller barring a team offering a boat load of picks that includes two number one picks.